Androgens and Cardiac Health

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is anyone else ever concerned about the effects androgens might have on your heart or anything? The reason I ask is because I'm on blood pressure medication and have been for 5 years (I'm 31), but my endocrinologist found a heart murmur yesterday. I've been to numerous doctors over the years and none of them have heard it before? Anyway, I'm not saying either are related to androgen use but it does make me wonder if I should drop it all sometimes. Anyone else think about this?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should always be aware and cautious, especially if you have any conditions. That is why those of us on TRT routinely get labs and work with our doctors.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea I would just monitor it well. Have check ups frequently and keep an eye on it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is anyone else ever concerned about the effects androgens might have on your heart or anything? The reason I ask is because I'm on blood pressure medication and have been for 5 years (I'm 31), but my endocrinologist found a heart murmur yesterday. I've been to numerous doctors over the years and none of them have heard it before? Anyway, I'm not saying either are related to androgen use but it does make me wonder if I should drop it all sometimes. Anyone else think about this?
My best advice would be get an echocardiogram done to see what is causing the murmur. They can be caused by a number of different things and most are not concerning, but of course some are. As for your androgens questions, no they do not cause cardiac murmurs.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My best advice would be get an echocardiogram done to see what is causing the murmur. They can be caused by a number of different things and most are not concerning, but of course some are. As for your androgens questions, no they do not cause cardiac murmurs.
Oh and the majority of cardiac murmurs are caused by a leaky heart valve.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LOL...I didnt mean to quote myself, but edit my post.

gator2

Awards
Androgens and subsequently higher-than-natural test are not cardiac friendly, any doctor will tell you this. But everybody has their vice and we picked ours...

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Androgens and subsequently higher-than-natural test are not cardiac friendly, any doctor will tell you this. But everybody has their vice and we picked ours...
True, androgens and supraphysiologic T levels may not be exactly heart friendly. But, it will not cause a heart murmur.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
True, androgens and supraphysiologic T levels may not be exactly heart friendly. But, it will not cause a heart murmur.
After going to the urgent care the next day for what I thought was a heart attack (wasn't obviously), the doctor on call listened and said he didn't hear a heart murmur. So, who knows.