Epistane has ruined my joints

Nickyboiroy

Awards
Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know about my experience with epi and my joints.
I did a 5 week cycle and make excellent gains. However, a few weeks after the cycle my joints gradually got worse. I am now 5 months post cycle and I'm considering giving up soccer due to bad joints. I've got hip inpingement in both hips, shoulder problems which have stopped all pressing movements and a very bad knee joint.
Before the epi cycle I had no problems with any joints and I am 100% convinced that the epi dried my joints so much it's caused permanent damage.
Has anyone else suffered in this way?

Chevy

Chevy

Awards
Before making conclusions tick all these off below.

Are you using a good joint supplement?

Is your form on lifts still on point?

Have you had bloods done since soreness began? << Important

Has your water intake, diet changed much since cycle?

Are you having allergy reaction to a new supp/ingredient you started using?

Been to see a dr or physio?

Nickyboiroy

Awards
Yes
Yes
No
No
No
Yes

Answers above in same order.

It seems a coincidence that I've not had any joint problems before and ive been playing sport for 25 years. All of a sudden after a cycle both hips, shoulder and knee are all bad.
My dad has just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis so I think it has accelerated this for me. I'm 32.

Nickyboiroy

Awards
Ok, hip flexors were tight on first visit to Physio. Initially he thought that might be the problem and it was pulling knee out of line but I am very flexible now. Also tried strengthening my inner quad to see if that was causing issue but that's been ruled out now.
Hips have definate inpingement. If I lay on my back and hug either knee I get a sharp pain in the joint. When running this then translates to a pain in groin/hip flexors.
Physio has also done a series of test on shoulder and it is not a rotator issue. I have been doing rehab work on it for last 3 months. I can press on an incline with db's but a barbell isn't possible.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Go to Kelly Starretts YouTube channel. Theres a ton of info on the hips and knees

Chevy

Chevy

Awards
Hey thanks for answering questions above, many are aware that epistane may dry your joints out but usually bounce back just fine, I'm suggesting bloods done for possible vitamin d deficiency - deficiency linked to osteoporoses, arthritis etc, surprised dr hasn't looked into this already. This may be your answer to achy joints, perhaps it won't be but would be a good idea to look into. These are my thoughts based on what you have described, I'm not a professional just sharing bro science :)

Nickyboiroy

Awards
That is great thanks for your advice. I think a visit to the docs is a good idea.

Nickyboiroy

Awards
If it is osteoporosis, Is it likely that the epi could have caused this or is it unlikely?

Chevy

Chevy

Awards
No osteo would be more a hereditary problem in the family as an issue where the joints are not being lubricated effectively due to a number of reasons, but vitamin d is a biggie in this regards, it's possible your body isn't great at utilising it when conditions are met thru food, sun, supplementation etc. Epi likely dried you out & your body is having a rough time restoring itself, I don't think any permanent damage is done except perhaps small fissures in your bones where they may be grinding. Let us know how u go with the doc, mention looking into vitamin d & about osteo in the family. Best of luck for speedy recovery.

Nickyboiroy

Awards
Thank you for your advice! Very much appreciated.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know about my experience with epi and my joints.
I did a 5 week cycle and make excellent gains. However, a few weeks after the cycle my joints gradually got worse. I am now 5 months post cycle and I'm considering giving up soccer due to bad joints. I've got hip inpingement in both hips, shoulder problems which have stopped all pressing movements and a very bad knee joint.
Before the epi cycle I had no problems with any joints and I am 100% convinced that the epi dried my joints so much it's caused permanent damage.
Has anyone else suffered in this way?
ALOT of times those issues are associated with the increase in strength during the short period on cycle;) Don't worry SNS will be releasing the absolute best joint product available in the near future

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ALOT of times those issues are associated with the increase in strength during the short period on cycle;) Don't worry SNS will be releasing the absolute best joint product available in the near future
Indeed they will. I will be harassing you about it the mean time.