Recomp while on test?

Blacknu

Awards
I've been asking some questions in the nutrition forum and am still not sure of where to go.. Right now I am 5'11 190 lbs and somewhere around 18% bf. I just started trt as I've always had low test levels, most recently tested below 180. I am currently taking 140mg test cyp a week.

My long term goal is to build a lot of size. I wanna be huge and don't really care about having abs right now. Everything I've read says don't bulk at this high of bodyfat, but I've seen it mentioned that you can recomp while on test. How would one go about this? Would it be better to just keep bulking but keep it to a small surplus and keep it clean?

I would also like to do a cycle here soon. I have enough test to bump it up to 500 mg a week for 12 weeks. I plan on starting this around August 1st. If there's no real reason to cut now, I'd like to just keep bulking and see how much size I can put on by next spring and just cut for next summer. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My suggestion would be to cut until you're ready to cycle and then hit your bulk hard. A tough diet before a bulk is what's called an "anabolic prime". By depleting and "starving" your body for a time it readies itself to store and build at an especially high rate when food is once again available. Basically the dry sponge effect.

On top of that, lower bf will improve your insulin sensitivity greatly which will make our gains even greater as well as lower any risk of sides from the cycle. It's a win win win.