Workout frequency on cycle

jwstoick

Awards
I have been training every body part twice a week over the past year and a half and have recently came upon Kris Gethins 12 week muscle building trainer that can be found on bodybuilding. com

I love hitting things twice a week and have seen good size gains but also the Reason I saw huge gains was because I did my first cycle while on a push pull leg. This helped my chest and back mainly grow as well as shoulders but my arms didn't grow much and my legs are my weakest body part but saw some improvement.

I guess what I'm getting at is while on cycle do a lot of you train things once and blast the **** out of the muscle or do you lower volume per workout and increase frequency? I only have time to be in the gym 4-5 days a week right now because of school and a full time job so I'm just trying to figure out how I should go about it because I'm just starting my second cycle as well

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I run a P/L/P/L style program. It's kept my legs progressing. I've always been more focused on legs than upper body anyway though.

Day 1 - Push
Day 2 - Quads/Calves
Day 3 - Pull
Day 4 - Hams/Calves
Repeat

I can go weeks without a rest day using this method.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
work out every other day, hit each part heavy for 35-50min 1-2 times a week.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I recover faster so I get my best results when training twice a week. You'll definitely see some goods gains hitting each bodypart twice a week.

jwstoick

Awards
Awesome thanks everyone I'll stick to my twice a week split

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Twice a week is where its at for sure. If you really wanna have some fun, split your week into power days (low reps, strength focused) and hypertrophy days (higher reps, pump focused).

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I train to stimulate not annihilate. I train for 1-2 hours roughly. I like to hit my weak or lagging body parts twice a week. I made some very nice improvements this last year on my proportions and symmetry that way. I ALWAYS chase the pump and train past the burn. This is what yields size for me. I like to switch it up and will deload into a cluster training split for a month then go back to my bodybuilding split. Just keep it fun. If you aren't growing then you need to step back and look at the whole picture.. Training, rest, diet and consistency. If one of those tires are flat on your "gain car" so to speak then you won't be getting the mileage you want.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's own personal preference. If your worried about being catabolic, that shouldn't really be an issue on cycle providing your consuming enough (which I'm assuming you have diet on point)
Some advice I was once given which may help is that there is no such thing as over-training, only under eating... It's all diet specific related and what your goals are...

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
It's own personal preference. If your worried about being catabolic, that shouldn't really be an issue on cycle providing your consuming enough (which I'm assuming you have diet on point)
Some advice I was once given which may help is that there is no such thing as over-training, only under eating... It's all diet specific related and what your goals are...
This is true, totally agree. To add sleep is key also. You need to feed your muscles but the real recovery happens when you sleep.