Advice - novice here

jorries

jorries

Awards
Hi guys,
I'm a 35 year old male, 183cm about 93kg with at least 20% body fat. I am hoping to make a dream of mine come true by visiting Thailand at the end of the year. I used to put a lot of effort into my health and exercise routines. Had a bit of a emotional breakdown and kicked against everything good in life.

I want to change that and while at it get that six pack that I also always dream about. (Yes, even at 7,4%BF, my abs still did not show).

Any advice on how to stay motivated, dieting advice and gear would be much appreciated. I know its useless to take on any gear at this stage, but when getting closer to my goal. However suggestions should consider that I'm prone to male pattern baldness, so keeping what's left would be great :)

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!
J

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots available at Nutriverse! Use code JUNE20 and, you guessed it, save 20% on the following:

Xcel Sports Nutrition
Ostar1ne by OL
Chaos and Pain
Performax
Alpha Lab Technologies
Blackstone Labs
Primeval Labs
Platinum Nutraceuticals

Codes good til the 23rd!
Www.Nutriverse.com

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
It's amazing that you have decided to make a change. Now all you have to do is continue that change daily no matter how small. What type of training are you considering? What's your diet like. Also yes if you would like input on supplements I can most definitely do that as well. Feel free to PM me here or at the Facebook link in my signature!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Check out some supps at Strong Supplement Shop and read up on our info tab. I would recommend trying a natural anabolic supp.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I think he should focus on training and diet before throwing everything else in the mix.

jorries

jorries

Awards
Thanks guys. NurseGray, totally agree with you. Well I officially started my diet today. Im on 1800cal 40|40|20 ratio. Will post my diet tomorrow.
I don't have a training program yet. Our gym is very basic and old school (everything handmade ) What would you suggest as a good starting point?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Honestly. I would recommend a total body 3 times a week every other day to start. I know it sounds boring. If your just starting back up let you body adjust first before going all out. When I started all I had was 25b dumbbells and thats what I used for three months. The basic foundation of movement and mind muscle connection was extremely important to my overall success now. When I am under heavy weight my body is doing exactly what it should. Also less risk for injuries is a huge plus but my Mind and Muscle supplements don't hurt either! :You_Rock_Emoticon: