constantly tired/brain fog all the time

clayboy_123

Awards
i am on trt @ 200mg each week. i consume tons of caffeine a day and even am prescribed a medication for adhd - dexedrine. have also tried multis, fish oil, provigil, dhea, etc. - all to no avail. does anyone have any suggestions as far as supplements or prescriptions. dexedrine helps somewhat, but wears off too quickly.

clayboy_123

Awards
I should have mentioned that I got on trt partly due to having low energy. It has helped some - but still having all the same issues.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You may have adrenal fatigue
Have your doc take a look at you diurnal cortisol production and do a stress test ( which should involve bp in 3 positions, seated, lying supine, an standing)

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
50mg DHEA,100mg Tyrosine on empty stomach twice daily. Run an AI !!!

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
you could look into a possible hypothyroid connection, as that would definately do it. if its the kind of hypo that can be treated without taking naturethroid, i know someone who takes 2 drops of iosol with 1/4 teaspoon acetyltyrosine bulk powder three times a day. if adrenal, i recommend megafoods b complex 1 tab three times a day (takes at least five days to kick in. sometimes there are pituitary problems resulting in messengers not being sent to adrenals to produce more hormones; these problems can be caused by tumors etc. finally, chronic infection can cause the issues your talking about

clayboy_123

Awards
Yea I had the foggy feeling prior to dex and trt, which was reason for being prescribed dex.