Rest period after cycle and gvt?

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
So guys.. Soon to be done with my 8 week halodrol cycle. Been doing a 10×10-gvt-like program for most of the cycle, but have done 1.chest/triceps, 2.back/biceps, 3.legs and 4.shoulders/abs/underarms with rest days every third day. My question is: Do I take a 5-7 days break from training when my cycle is done, and in the first days of pct (nolva, daa, arimistane and standard supps)? Think this would be smart, cause of the much heavier training in pct. Personally don't think I will loose any gains either. Any input?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally would wait until after PCT for any kind of extended break from training. If you're feeling fatigued a 48-72 hour rest might be okay. I would be concerned about losing gains. Did you gain mass during the cycle or was it a cut/recomp? If it was a bulk cycle I would definitely keep it going. Are you switching up your training program? As the ph works out of your system your energy levels and appetite will drop. Waiting a week to resume training seems counterproductive unless you're just extremely broken down right now. If not start as normal and try to up the intensity and diet even more to prevent those gains from slipping away.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
do not stop training.. its in fact very common for guys to keep gaining strength a couple weeks into PCT. no breaks, train like your still on cycle for the next few weeks. why would you want to take time off and let your strength and mass gains dwindle? that makes no sense, to be frank you shouldn't even be using this stuff if you still have questions like this.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's tough because you want to train through PCT, but GVT is very hard on you and the cycle is likely what carried you through. 3-4 days off will not hurt anything and would actually be wise, then I would move into less volume and look to up the weight. I take a deload or week off after every 8-10 week routine.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd switch to 5x5 training 3x weekly for the month afterwards. It will cut volume, increase intensity and provide a new stimulus to keep gains. Don't start chasing strength too much, leave a little in the tank every W/O.

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
I would deload. Every cycle I've done, Ive done a deload for my first week of PCT because energy was relatively low and I didnt wanna train too hard with lower T and whatnot. Kept gaining in each PCT too

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do not stop training for an extended period during pct... horrible idea. You can, as suggested, deload week 1 but get back at it hard after that. In order for that new muscle to mature and stick, you need to keep using it otherwise your body sees no need for it (and considers it a "burden")

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
I'd switch to 5x5 training 3x weekly for the month afterwards. It will cut volume, increase intensity and provide a new stimulus to keep gains. Don't start chasing strength too much, leave a little in the tank every W/O.
Yes, my plan was actually to switch to 5×5 heavy training to keep as much mass as possible. BTW, my cycle was a recomp cycle. Guess I'll still have that break, but reduce it down to 48 hours maybe :) not my biggest fear losing those gains in 48 hours, since I am making great gains on cycle. Thank for the input guys, but Mr xR1pp3rx: your comment is just rude, and unnecessary. I know perfectly well what I'm doing, but it's always great to get input from other sources than myself. Smart guys actually asks questions to learn more