Liver Support

DGoosey

Awards
I'm currently not taking a cycle or ever have. Thought this was the forum to ask about liver support because I recently had blood work done and let's just say I have the liver of a 40yr old man at the age of 22. I don't want to discuss why my liver is out of whack im pretty sure the alcohol isn't helping but I wanted to know what you guys did to get it back to normal or repair other than abstinence. I've been there done that already. If you guys are interested I have a picture of my results if you guys can give input. I do take supplements and a weak prohormone by the name of Titanium muscle gain. Im in the military and I enrolled myself in a clinic a few months ago to quit drinking which I did but I recently started back up to "responsible drinking" and now my livers whacked out. Not sure if the supplements medications I take or combined all with alcohol is the issue. But I need to know what you guys do to help liver support wise etc.

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
CUT BACK ON YOUR DRINKING . . . . is being buzzed all the time REALLY that worth it?

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
Despite alcohol is legal, it's one of the worst drugs out there and hepatoxic. I also recently wrote that an interaction between drugs and alcohol can worsen the side effect dramatically.
Do you know your AST/ALT/GGT values? Would be interesting to know.

Patients with cirrhosis get UDCA. I don't know if you can get this stuff from your doctor but TUDCA is an alternative. A good cell protective substance (not only liver cells) and will - hopefully - help your liver to get back on track.
I personally use the supplement Damage Control. In my eyes one of the best products out there (no advertising).

N-acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC)
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10 Natural/Ubidecarenone)
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Hawthorne Berry
Celery Seed
Saw Palmetto (std. min 18% fatty acids)(berries)
Quercetin Anhydrous (min. 95%) HPLC
SAMe 52% (S-Adenosyl Methionine Tosylate Disulfate)
Bupleurum Powder
TUDCA Sodium (as Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid Sodium)

Otherwise, search for an equivalent alternative. In your case important is: NAC and TUDCA.

And as a athlete alcohol has nothing to search - especially when you are in a cycle (!) - in your nutrition.

Good luck.

DGoosey

Awards
It's not worth it I realize that, that's why ive been seeing a alcohol abuse therapist. It's a work in progress.

DGoosey

Awards
And thank you for the input and advice, this is exactly what I was looking for!

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
AST 28
ALT 87
GGT 78
LDH 194
What are the labor reference range? Because every labor has it's own guidelines. But more or less I can guess what's your status...

EDIT: Doesn't matter. I calculate with:
AST Ref. <50 Units
ALT Ref. <50 Units
GGT Ref. <60 Units
LDH Ref 135 - 225 Units

First of all, your De-Ritis-Quotent is 0.321. It is an indice for a light liver damage. Hepatitis normally causes a value of 0.7 while alcoholic liver damage can have a De-Ritis-Quotent up to 2 and more. But that would be the case of years of abuse of hard alcoholic drinks.

Secondly, your AST is in range while the ALT is out of the range. What does that mean? While AST is in liver, heart and muscles for example the ALT is only in the liver. But the case is, that the ALT value will raise at the slightest liver damage while the AST is an indicator for heavy damage. If your AST would be out of the range (or higher then ALT) I would be seriously worried if I were you.

Thirdly, the GGT is also out of the range. If the ALT and AST are already higher than normal (what is partly your case) the GGT enforce the suspicion on liver damage. You can't interpret that stuff so easily because I'm a stranger on the internet and I don't know you and your medical history. It can take up to 2-3 month until the GGT will normalize itself - unless you are not drinking or consuming hepatoxic sh!t.

LDH, nice to know. The LDH is a biocatalysator for your body. You can't interpret LDH precicely because it's nearly in the whole body and a lot of things could cause an increase. But this is also in upper range and linked with the liver so you can think what that means.

Recommendation:
Detox you body as fast as possible. The values are not that dramatic (have also seen an ALT with 1295 on Superdrol) but it's not the meaning to have higher values as normally.
A lot of vitmamines and minerals (but don't overdo, also that can cause side effects), dring A LOT OF WATER, and take TUDCA and NAC for 4-6 weeks. The liver is regenerating more or less every eight weeks that means every eight week you will have a "new" liver in you.
Be careful to that organ. If it's gone, it's gone. And you will simply dying by drinking water or whatever because it can't filter all the poison of the nutrition.

DGoosey

Awards
GGT is 8-61
AST 0-40
ALT 0-41
LDH 125-225
Truthfully I have no idea what each of these mean or are

DGoosey

Awards
Awesome thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me! This is exactly what I needed to know my friend!