PCT night sweats... why? (Ostar1ne cycle)

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
Finished an 8 week ostarine cycle at 20mg/day, and in 2nd week of pct, day 12. Starting 3 days ago (day 9 of pct) I started getting night sweats while sleeping, soaking the blanket, pillow, and sheets under my upper body area. It's bad enough that it usually wakes me up in the middle of the night and feels like I'm sleeping in a puddle. No other sides really, except some reduced libido at the start of pct that has since bounced back. Not getting any excessive sweating during the day, only while asleep. And this is despite having my air conditioner on, and a fairly light blanket.

Has anyone heard of or experienced this, or know what it might signify? Is it something to worry about or will it subside eventually and I should just deal with it for now? It's gross and I hate it, and it's messing with my sleep. Wondering if this is a known side effect of clomid?

Cycle (8 weeks):
OL Ostar1ne - 20mg/day
OL Ar1macare Pro - 4 caps/day

PCT (currently on day 12):
Clomid (pharma) - 50/25/25/12.5 (taken at night)
OL Sup3r PCT - 4 caps/day
DAA - 3g/day
Reduce XT - 0/2/2/2
Anabeta Elite - 4 caps/day going to do 8 weeks
X-Gels - 6 caps workout days only

Other staples throughout:
High Volume - 1 or 2 scoops, workout days only
Ergonine - 1 scoop/day
Soy lecithin granules - 4 tbsp/day (though I ran out a few days ago and have more on the way)
Multivitamin
Fish Oil

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hormonal imbalances can cause sweats like that. I have definitely dealt with the night sweats in pct, usually go away around 3rd week of pct for me

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
Hormonal imbalances can cause sweats like that. I have definitely dealt with the night sweats in pct, usually go away around 3rd week of pct for me
Thanks... that's reassuring. Based on what I'm currently taking, would you recommend I adjust anything or just stick with it?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks... that's reassuring. Based on what I'm currently taking, would you recommend I adjust anything or just stick with it?
You don't need to change anything, just let the clomid work it's magic and you will be back to normal in no time.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
happy with the product ? what your results ? in just started use this product too .

roy_jones

Awards
I'm planning on running Ostarine at a lower dose, but I think your PCT might be a little heavy for the level of suppression you experienced on cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if your test levels are way up.

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
I'm planning on running Ostarine at a lower dose, but I think your PCT might be a little heavy for the level of suppression you experienced on cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if your test levels are way up.
What would you change? Open to suggestion.

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
happy with the product ? what your results ? in just started use this product too .
The ostarine? Was planning on a review a while later after I determined how much of the gains end up being keepable. I was eating slightly over maintenance and estimate I gained about 5-7 lbs lean mass. It bloated me some and I held a lot of water weight but that's mostly gone already. No other noticeable estrogen sides gyno or anything like that. Strength was up. Can be more detailed tomorrow if you want but falling asleep now. I think it's still too early to tell though. I usually try to hold off assessing things until a while after so that I get a better perspective of whether it was worth it in the long run.

roy_jones

Awards
I'm jealous of your PCT and supplement regimen generally. You're running a lot of stuff I would if I didn't have a budget.

My only thought was that the clomid might have been dosed a little high that first week and that you may have been able to get by with just 25mg for two weeks. That's what I'm probably going to do, anyway. If I had to guess what's causing your night sweats, it would be that you've dosed the clomid a little high.

At worst, you may have a lot of testosterone in your system and that's not so bad. I'm impressed with the gains you made. I'm probably going to run Ostarine a couple of times; once on a cut and once on a recomp.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
The ostarine? Was planning on a review a while later after I determined how much of the gains end up being keepable. I was eating slightly over maintenance and estimate I gained about 5-7 lbs lean mass. It bloated me some and I held a lot of water weight but that's mostly gone already. No other noticeable estrogen sides gyno or anything like that. Strength was up. Can be more detailed tomorrow if you want but falling asleep now. I think it's still too early to tell though. I usually try to hold off assessing things until a while after so that I get a better perspective of whether it was worth it in the long run.
back to your question maybe the reason of yours sweats is not the drug/dosage but the time when you take this ? try in the morning

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
I'm jealous of your PCT and supplement regimen generally. You're running a lot of stuff I would if I didn't have a budget.

My only thought was that the clomid might have been dosed a little high that first week and that you may have been able to get by with just 25mg for two weeks. That's what I'm probably going to do, anyway. If I had to guess what's causing your night sweats, it would be that you've dosed the clomid a little high.

At worst, you may have a lot of testosterone in your system and that's not so bad. I'm impressed with the gains you made. I'm probably going to run Ostarine a couple of times; once on a cut and once on a recomp.

You may be right. So, I had the night sweats 3 nights in a row, but last night I didn't! Hopefully that crap is over and done with. So definitely possible that the 50mg was too high, and it's finally tapered out of my system after 5 days at 25mg.

And yea, I'm pretty happy with the gains. Since starting pct I've shed the water retention and appear to be back to the same bf% / definition that I had pre-cycle, and the scale shows that I'm 5-7 lbs heavier than I was pre-cycle (175 now, 168 pre, and I'm 5'8 tall). There was an additional 7-10lbs of water or glycogen that shed rapidly about a week into pct. Honestly, I know it's mental, but I feel small right now compared to on cycle, when I was hovering at 183-185. Also, even with the High Volume, ABE, X-Gels and lecithin, it feels like I'm not getting as good a pump now as I was on cycle. I know all of this is basically psychological, which is why I'm trying to hold off on a final assessment for another few weeks when I can look back and get a clearer before/after perspective and see what I really ended up gaining and keeping.

As for strength, that hasn't diminished at all yet. My previous 1RMs, where I've been stuck for a while, were 335 deadlift, 245 squat (just below parallel, plus I have long femurs), and 235 bench, and by the end of the cycle I was basically able to hit all of those for 3 reps. I tested those once every other week, and aside from that did my training in either the 5-6 or 8-12 rep ranges. And according to my journal, I'm still holding steady with all the weights/reps I was able to hit while on cycle.

So even though I feel small and not getting as much of a fun pump in the mirror, both the scale and the journal show definite improvement, at least at this point. Endurance is definitely down post cycle, and I feel completely spent after an hour of lifting. On cycle I was able to go for 90min and had to force myself to leave the gym, haha. Wasn't doing any cardio throughout beyond 10min of interval rowing used as a warm up before lifting, so I can't judge if there would have been any endurance gains there.

If all of this holds steady over the next few weeks, I'll count the cycle as a success. Debating whether my next cycle will be osta again, or if I want to try some combination of the 1/4/Epi andros.

Should also probably mention that this is not my first ever cycle, but it is my first one in a long while. I'm 33, and I've been natty for the past 4 years.