elevated kidney levels?

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I had some bloodwork done a while back after a ph cycle and finally got back to my dr yesterday. He said my liver levels were slightly elevated (no suprise), but he also said my kidney levels were mildly elevated. What is the deal with this?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had some bloodwork done a while back after a ph cycle and finally got back to my dr yesterday. He said my liver levels were slightly elevated (no suprise), but he also said my kidney levels were mildly elevated. What is the deal with this?
Your kidneys have to filter out all the crap through your urine. The more "crap" you consume the more "crap" they have to filter. Thats it in "lamens" terms. I am too sleepy to explain more. No sleep last night. It sucks. Oh well I am sure there is a lot of info on how the kidneys work online. I searched a lot of about it and learned a lot when the doctors thought I had a kidney stone.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
yes...i realize that....I was looking a little more info than that

nestle1

nestle1

Awards
Undertaker get yourself some kidney cleanser. Go on the web " Himalaya LIv 52 "and get that . It will help you clean up you kidneys. I use it while on or off a cycle and haven't had any problems with my kidneys. Like it was mention they are filter so you might have alot of crab in there.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Drinking a lot of water is a good thing too.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
CDB--with that dude in your atavar it should say "eat right and juice yourself the **** out!"

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
this LIv.52 is for your liver, not kidneys....right?

nestle1

nestle1

Awards
Thats right liv 52 is for your liver but they carry one for your kidneys . It's call URI Care. Just click uri care and you should be able to find it. It' made by the same company. Let me know if you find it.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Undertaker,

Just for info what was your kidney values and the reference range? I recently had my Creatinine level checked and the top of the range was 1.2 and mine was 1.3 and the Doc was making a big deal about it. Come to find out that intense physical exercise and not enough water can elevate Creatinine levels. Figure that. So it may be less of a problem then your doctor is leading you to believe.
Mr.50

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I take Liv-52 also, but it is for your liver. I don't know where to get the Kidney one, but I know they have a kidney cleanser also. I get Liv-52 from Power Nutrition. Its the only place I could find it. I wish I could find someplace cheaper though.

nestle1

nestle1

Awards
T-Bone go to yahoo search and click Himalaya Liv 52 , stroll down to number 9 Herbal Healthcare, click on that and there it is. You'll find Uni Care and a few others.

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
T-Bone go to yahoo search and click Himalaya Liv 52 , stroll down to number 9 Herbal Healthcare, click on that and there it is. You'll find Uni Care and a few others.
It's really good stuff too! It helped me alot with a kidney infection a few months back.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Supplementing creatine will make your creatinine levels high. Creatinine is a metabloite of creatine. Eating lots of protein also elevates BUN (blood urea nitrogen). So if you supplement creatine and eat a ton of protein those two will always be high for sure.

This is all from personal experience.

Were any others high?

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
"liver cleaners" besides herbs (with diuretic effects) contains vit b complex and a few anti-oxidants. If you drink a LOT and take a high dosed multi, you probably need just a few herbs like dandelion root and a good anti-ox like astaxantin.

I'm sure the one made by hymalaya is only herb based and that would be my pick :)

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Undertaker,

Just for info what was your kidney values and the reference range? I recently had my Creatinine level checked and the top of the range was 1.2 and mine was 1.3 and the Doc was making a big deal about it. Come to find out that intense physical exercise and not enough water can elevate Creatinine levels. Figure that. So it may be less of a problem then your doctor is leading you to believe.
Mr.50
Pansy, mine was 1.8. j/k My BUN was 26 as well which was higher than top end of the range, 18 I think. My levels stayed constant for about a year so my doc said that there was nothing to worry about. Like SS said with high protein consumption and creatine intake, this shouldn't be cause for alarm.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I had the same thing happen to me (BUN and creatinine were high). It's just as SS said. To cleanse my kidneys, I went on vacation and ate like crap. Less proten, no creatine, no supps in general. Had bloodwork done immediately afterward and voila....back to normal.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
I had the same thing happen to me (BUN and creatinine were high). It's just as SS said. To cleanse my kidneys, I went on vacation and ate like crap. Less proten, no creatine, no supps in general. Had bloodwork done immediately afterward and voila....back to normal.
I don't think it's a matter of cleansing, as there isn't any problem to begin with. High creatinine and blood urea nitrogen are direct byproducts of creatine and protein supplementation. If they are high on a non-bodybuilding type diet then there should be some cause for alarm, but with eating the way we do and using creatine these values being high is "normal".

Speaking of which I'm gonna run labs today. I expect my BUN and creatinine to be normal, as my diet is crap and I haven't used creatine in about 2 months. :sad:

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i really dont know what was high....my dr just said "your liver and kidney levels are mildly elevated......this test was done almost 2 months ago after an 8-weeker of ph's. Do you think i am fine by now? Right after my cycle I cycled milk thistle at a gram a day for one month.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
i really dont know what was high....my dr just said "your liver and kidney levels are mildly elevated......this test was done almost 2 months ago after an 8-weeker of ph's. Do you think i am fine by now? Right after my cycle I cycled milk thistle at a gram a day for one month.
I'd venture to say that you should be fine.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
lol, necrobump.

just got my panels back and something with the kidneys was 1.4 when it was supposed to be 1.3

i was worried about my HDL's and LDL's to be honest, not my kidneys. Doc wants another blood sample in the morning.

Drive-threw hogjaw and water tonight folks!