masteron question

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
for the 6 weeks prior to my show i was planning on switching to

1-5 test prop 100mg eod
1-6 masteron 100mg eod
1-6 mdht 100mg ed

but i got to thinking the other day ... masteron is 2-methylated DHT where mDHT is 17-methylated DHT (i believe) .. does that make running these two compounds redundant? .. i know methylating compounds changes them and methylating them at different positions will do different things ... but in this specific case, is it redudant to run both of them or will there be a benefit?

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established

1-5 test prop 100mg eod
1-6 masteron 100mg eod
1-6 mdht 100mg ed

but i got to thinking the other day ... masteron is 2-methylated DHT where mDHT is 17-methylated DHT (i believe) .. does that make running these two compounds redundant? .. i know methylating compounds changes them and methylating them at different positions will do different things ... but in this specific case, is it redudant to run both of them or will there be a benefit?
MDHT and Mastron are both DHT derivatives........and yes i think the use of both of them is redudant. mastron is a derivative of DHT ,and has same effects. Mastron dosnent give significant mass gains, it will dry you out, help you lose some fat, and maybe add some strength and thats it. MDHT dosent add alot of mass also. side effects can be harsh if you combined 2 DHT products, specially on hair line and prostate. IMO replace mastro with fast acting EQ if you can, and keep MDHT.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Drostanolone propionate is a derivative of DHT, specifically 2alpha-methyldihydrotestosterone. This make it a moderate anabolic/potent androgen which does not aromatize to estrogen. Water retention and gynecomastia are therefore not a concern with this compound. Masteron does in fact exhibit antiestrogenic activity. I see no need in taking both.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Definately redudant, drop the mdht and run some anavar? :)

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
At the dose of Anavar you would need to run to see anything, you will drop a ton of cash. Send me the cash instead!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
no definitely not enough cash for var .. alright i'll drop the mdht and probably pick up some winstrol

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
My lipids cringe at the thought of winny :run:

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established

1-5 test prop 100mg eod
1-6 masteron 100mg eod
1-6 mdht 100mg ed

Yes, they are redundant.
If your goal is strenght an good stack with a DHT derivative is tren, which is a nor-derivative.
I would run it in place of the mdht (i think masteron is much better). cant help with the dosage, though. Since you are already running test, you should be safe from the "fina dick".

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
That's like saying Dbol and EQ are redundant. Yes in some ways, but it still may make a good stack in the real world. Certain effects will overlap. Masteron is a good anti-e like MDHT, but it's way more anabolic and far less androgenic. There is really only one way to find out..

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
hmmm .. well i think Dr. D swayed me .. that and i've already got tons of mdht laying around

although i'm not sure its exactly like dbol and eq ... since masteron is already methylated dht, just methylated at a different position than mdht .. although i guess the difference carbon position of the methyl group changes the characteristics .. we'll see :)

and syr at this point i could care less about strength i'm dieting for a show .. my only concern is doing as well as i can in the show

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
Wait a minute............
dbol and eq are not like masteron and Mdht
and MP is not lie DNP. Damn!
I could not resist. Sorry G!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
OK, EQ & Dbol bad example. :D My point is that the overlap would not be as bad as you might think. Masteron was designed to be an anti-e w/ minimum androgenic sides so women could use it for breast cancer. Because of the electron density given to the 2-position of the A ring, a favorable anabolic ratio is achieved and anabolism is increase relatively and also by mg/mg potency. MDHT is a good anti-e, so it dries you too and directly stimulates the kidneys, but is very androgenic. Also not very anabolic because without the 2-alkyl sub and no 4-ene resonance , the 3=O is attacked and the molecule is inactivated very rapidly (that's why I like M5aa better than MDHT). Also, you probably get more creatine synthesis w/ MDHT and more nitrogen retention w/ Masteron. So they share similar qualities, but I still wouldn't call it redundant. Pre-contest, this is probably just what you want. They reinforce one another in all the right ways, but also offer unique benefits too.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
and syr at this point i could care less about strength i'm dieting for a show .. my only concern is doing as well as i can in the show
Dr.D swayed me too ;)

Got it about strenght. Considering your goals, maybe the suggestion of winny would be better. but i would be worried to stack it with mdht or masteron.
hmm...

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
yeah that's exactly what i was thinking Dr. D :think:

lol well i knew some of what you were talking about anyway

i'm going to stick with my original plan and see how it pans out .. i think it will work well

thanks everyone for the input and advice

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
just another thing i was thinking about .. superdrol is just masteron with an additional methyl group attached at the 17th position .. yet no one would say combining DHT methylated at the 2nd position (masteron) with DHT methylated at the 2nd AND 17th position (superdrol) is redundant .. so i think its absolutely fine to combine a 2-aa DHT with a 17-aa DHT :)

Mike Ryan

Banned
Awards
Just so I have this right before I go spending cash. Superdrol is also known as 2a 17a Methyl androstanolone or 17a Methyl Masteron, correct? I'm going to be doing the powder/olive oil suspension.