Low Dose Ostarine vs. Test Boosters

R

roy_jones

Awards
Most users feel that ostarine isn't very useful at dosages below 15mg or for cycles lasting only four weeks. I have been contemplating the idea of buying Ostar1ne and taking one 5mg cap per day for four weeks, followed by a week of a mild dose of clomid every day for PCT. How would this compare to a 30 day cycle of something like ABE?

When people say this kind of regimen "wouldn't be worth the suppression," what does that mean? I'm not looking for steroid results, but figure if I did 4 of these cycles in a year, the cumulative gains would exceed what I would get from a test booster and be less expensive.

The goal is to be as close to natural as possible while not spending money on supplements that might not be as effective.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
5mg at 4weeks is utterly pointless... probably wont need a pct either and I wouldn't call ABE a test booster

Ostarine isnt a bulking compound

A

AndyThePandy

Awards
You can run Ostarine a lot higher, i'd say 20mg-30mg is where it's at and you wont need to PCT. No shutdown, that's the whole point of SARMS.

As for your title Ostarine vs Test boosters, Ostarine WILL put on muscle! No doubt about it, you will gain muscle on it way more than some test boosters and it would be cheaper but i'd say run at 20mg or more for at least 8 weeks.

BTW I'm on PCT for another cycle and this is my 6th time taking Ostarine and love it each time!

Amazing for keeping gains and making even more. No it wont give you steroid like results but it will give results better than test boosters, some over hyped supp product, etc. and as well as heal them bones! Sore right wrist (prob should see a doc) but osta helps with that also.

I'd say go with osta, save your money from all the supps and make some gains just run it higher and no pct needed. Maybe some Armistane for a month but clomid and other SERMS isn't needed for an osta run.

R

roy_jones

Awards
Since there are 240 5mg capsules in a bottle of Ostar1ne, I figured that would be a lot of time on a low dosage of ostarine for it to gradually have a cumulative effect.

I guess I'm trying to understand:
1) the lowest possible dose at which ostarine has a worthwhile effect
2) the shortest possible cycle

I thought people showed suppression even at the 3mg dose used in the 12 week study.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Since there are 240 5mg capsules in a bottle of Ostar1ne, I figured that would be a lot of time on a low dosage of ostarine for it to gradually have a cumulative effect.

I thought people showed suppression even at the 3mg dose used in the 12 week study.
Indeed it did.... 20mg @12weeks is ideal.... 8 weeks would be the minimum

R

roy_jones

Awards
You can run Ostarine a lot higher, i'd say 20mg-30mg is where it's at and you wont need to PCT. No shutdown, that's the whole point of SARMS.

As for your title Ostarine vs Test boosters, Ostarine WILL put on muscle! No doubt about it, you will gain muscle on it way more than some test boosters and it would be cheaper but i'd say run at 20mg or more for at least 8 weeks.

BTW I'm on PCT for another cycle and this is my 6th time taking Ostarine and love it each time!

Amazing for keeping gains and making even more. No it wont give you steroid like results but it will give results better than test boosters, some over hyped supp product, etc. and as well as heal them bones! Sore right wrist (prob should see a doc) but osta helps with that also.

I'd say go with osta, save your money from all the supps and make some gains just run it higher and no pct needed. Maybe some Armistane for a month but clomid and other SERMS isn't needed for an osta run.

Appreciate the feedback, I still haven't committed to the idea of trying ostarine, but am curious. The consensus seems to be that a serm should be used, but there is split opinion. I originally planned to avoid PCT altogether with such a small dose, but stories of suppression at 10mg caused me to re-evaluate. I'm very much open to feedback.

I'm curious about the the effects after a year of cycling ostarine in the low dose, 30 day regimen more than the effects of any individual cycle.

A

AndyThePandy

Awards

As hvactech said 5mg for 4 weeks is pointless, you'd be wasting money TBH.

1) IMHO I'd say 20mg. One bottle has 240 caps at 5mg a cap so 4 caps a day one bottle will last 2 months or 8 weeks, which is pretty damn cheap. BTW I'm taking the same bottle you're thinking of getting ;) amazing company and products. Second time using them also.

2) Personally I'd go 2 months but you can do 1 month if you want and gain a few pounds, nothing crazy but way better than any other supp.

Idk about it causing suppression at 3mg and if you could link to that study that'd be great, i'd like to read it. I know LGD causes suppression! I think osta did when ran for 12 weeks or over 30mg and even then the suppression wasn't anything, all in all it wont need a reg PCT with clomid or nolva and will put on muscle. Just run it higher than 5mg, I say at least 20mg and for a month is fine, I'd say 2 months but 1 month at 20mg with training and diet in check you could gain 3-5lbs easy.

A

AndyThePandy

Awards
Appreciate the feedback, I still haven't committed to the idea of trying ostarine, but am curious. The consensus seems to be that a serm should be used, but there is split opinion. I originally planned to avoid PCT altogether with such a small dose, but stories of suppression at 10mg caused me to re-evaluate. I'm very much open to feedback.

I'm curious about the the effects after a year of cycling ostarine in the low dose, 30 day regimen more than the effects of any individual cycle.
That's just people being a little paranoid I think, a SERM is not needed every time and def not with Osta, like I said you can get away with an OTC PCT if you're worried about it.

I've took osta for over a year bridging into cycles and have had nothing but more gains come from osta, first time i ran at 20mg, second was 25mg and 33mg was amazing! Taking osta right now in my PCT at 20mg.

R

roy_jones

Awards
Indeed it did.... 20mg @12weeks is ideal.... 8 weeks would be the minimum
Definitely would need a serm in PCT for that based on feedback I've read, as well as an on-cycle AI just in case.

If my goals and expectations are very modest given my desire to use a lower dose, is it possible I could be just as happy with my lesser gains on a lighter cycle?

I have a suspicion I'm being ridiculous and over-cautious and am using poor reasoning in my attempt to control the risk associated with these substances.

R

roy_jones

Awards
That's just people being a little paranoid I think, a SERM is not needed every time and def not with Osta, like I said you can get away with an OTC PCT if you're worried about it.

I've took osta for over a year bridging into cycles and have had nothing but more gains come from osta, first time i ran at 20mg, second was 25mg and 33mg was amazing! Taking osta right now in my PCT at 20mg.
Yeah, I kinda figure. I was looking at what I would be budgeting for supplements like ArA/ABE and started wondering if there was a more cost effective way to play around while still being relatively safe.

Probably I'd try 10mg to start for four weeks, re-evaluate how I'm feeling at that point, and then rock 20mg for the final four weeks as a first time.

A

AndyThePandy

Awards
Yeah, I kinda figure. I was looking at what I would be budgeting for supplements like ArA/ABE and started wondering if there was a more cost effective way to play around while still being relatively safe.

Probably I'd try 10mg to start for four weeks, re-evaluate how I'm feeling at that point, and then rock 20mg for the final four weeks as a first time.
Sounds like a good "first cycle" lol
Starting low at 10mg is smart and then bumping up, i'd say go to 15mg if you feel fine after the first week then 20mg the second month, keep us posted if you do decide to take it

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Definitely would need a serm in PCT for that based on feedback I've read, as well as an on-cycle AI just in case.

If my goals and expectations are very modest given my desire to use a lower dose, is it possible I could be just as happy with my lesser gains on a lighter cycle?

I have a suspicion I'm being ridiculous and over-cautious and am using poor reasoning in my attempt to control the risk associated with these substances.
Thats just it, ostarine wont yield "gains" .... its a cutting/recomp compound at best and a 20mg dose 8-12 weeks is still a light cycle.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
SARMS do need pct ostarine and lgd are supressive I've been shutdown by 20 mgs of ostarine on a 4 week cycle . Treat them just like PH's just because they aren't as anabolic in nature doesn't mean it doesn't effect your HPTA

R

roy_jones

Awards
Thats just it, ostarine wont yield "gains" .... its a cutting/recomp compound at best and a 20mg dose 8-12 weeks is still a light cycle.
I've had it in mind primarily for cutting, but didn't realize it was so specific in it's application. I was overcautious in my initial belief about dosing. You read one account of a person who had strong suppression at 10mg and it sticks with you.

I may re-evaluate my purpose if ostarine's doesn't have the versatility to be helpful on both a cut and bulk.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutriverse is giving away a free bottle of Primeval Labs Osta in the company promo section, winner picked tomo - get an entry in, you might win and compare for yourself :)

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Osta at 20mg for 8 weeks will require a pct with a serm

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Just like I said I did 4 weeks at 20 milligrams and I used an AI such as arimistane and I wish I had used a serm because I personally got shutdown , that being said there are no guidelines everyone is effected differently

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

So many things wrong with this post.

D

drummy

Awards
OP as others have said, you won't feel it at all at 5mg/day. I ran it at 20mg/day for 8 weeks and it didn't kick in for me till week 4/5.
5mg/day is 100% pointless other than maybe feeling some strength via placebo.

R

roy_jones

Awards
OP as others have said, you won't feel it at all at 5mg/day. I ran it at 20mg/day for 8 weeks and it didn't kick in for me till week 4/5.
5mg/day is 100% pointless other than maybe feeling some strength via placebo.
A lot of people mention that it doesn't take hold until the fourth or fifth week, but as a newb I'm still confused about what that means. I don't understand why there should be any difference, provided your workout regimen and diet are the same for the first four weeks.

Intuitively, I assumed that it must be more effective than something like ArA. I need to learn a whole lot more.

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
I've had good results at 10mgs a day and I felt it kick after 17-18 days. More might be better but I kept it at 10 mg's.