Clomid Side Effects

Db2

Db2

Awards
I'm just starting a pct consisting of Clomid, DAA, Bulbine, a host of other OTC stuff, and exemestane on hand in case/for the later weeks.

Can anyone tell me what the potential side effects of Clomid are? I've seen some posts with people complaining about being mad sick from their SERM's, but a couple of searches didn't reveal much else.

I'm somewhat paranoid. This stuff tastes like absolute doo doo lol. Just wondering what can or sometimes does happen so I don't creep myself out!

:ugh:

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I did 6 weeks of 40/40/20/20/20eod/20eod - and my only side was a lot of acne (even more than on the PH - PH was all scalp breakouts - Clomid was on the back). That's it. I've read if you go too high with the dosing, emotional stuff can happen - no idea.

I'm not convinced that one needs to take roots and leaves when taking an Rx/RC drug like Clomid - *it* is going to jack up T more than any OTC product x 10. Now, libido is another story - I like roots and leaves for that.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everyone I know that took it had vision issues. They were temporary, but still scary as hell, IMO.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think Clomid gave me and my friend both bad headaches all day for the first couple weeks of PCT at 50mg. It was both of our first times using Clomid, we used it along with Nolva but had used Nolva before without this problem.

Everyone I know that took it had vision issues. They were temporary, but still scary as hell, IMO.
Could this problem come about after you've stopped Clomid? I have been getting blurred vision in one of my eyes every once in a while now. It's likely from something completely different. Just curious.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel great on clomid. Had some emotional side effects at higher doses but following the 50/50/25/25 dosing protocol I have no side effects.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could this problem come about after you've stopped Clomid? I have been getting blurred vision in one of my eyes every once in a while now. It's likely from something completely different. Just curious.
Don't know, but I doubt it. My endo said most of his patients have blurry vision on Clomid, so he is trying not to prescribe it as much any more. I do think it is only while on.

Db2

Db2

Awards
When I read up briefly on the vision effects in the standard (women's prescription use) side effects profiles they mentioned that vision issues ceased after discontinuation, although I saw one article mention a couple of rare cases of vision aberrations lasting 2-7 years after cessation, though the cases were considered unusual.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I feel great on Clomid and it is an excellent test booster its even prescribed to men for HRT. Lower dosage if you have sides

Db2

Db2

Awards
So far I'm starving lol. Dunno if that's common? Generally I feel pretty good right now, I think the methylated was wearing on me?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So far I'm starving lol. Dunno if that's common? Generally I feel pretty good right now, I think the methylated was wearing on me?
Very possible. Lethargy and lack of appetite are signs of your organs being mad. Tudca on cycle has really helped with this for me

DigitalB

DigitalB

Banned
Awards
I'm running Clomid at 75mg now..
Have been for about 3 weeks and I feel great..

Db2

Db2

Awards
Had a horrible night of sleep last night accompanied by sweats and dry mouth. Anyone ever had anything similar?

Not sure it was the clomid but it was an unusually terrible night of tossing, sweating, and constant drinking of water/urination. My mouth was like sandpaper. I felt like I was dying out in the Sahara!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup

The vision issue is a transient one. They cease when you DC use

Contopaxi

Contopaxi

Awards
I'm planning on running it just for 4 weeks at 50mg a day.
Was told that tapering isn't needed ( might be dependant on the individual though )

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm planning on running it just for 4 weeks at 50mg a day.
Was told that tapering isn't needed ( might be dependant on the individual though )
You want to taper your serm to prevent rebound

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
heavyweight83

heavyweight83

Awards
I've run clomid for 9 days at 50mg only and got blurry vision and two annoying floaters in my eyes so I went on 25mg and no improvement. The blurry vision went on discontinuing, the floaters are still here tho 2 month later

gotgoals30

Awards
The only side I've had was slight blurry vision. Nothing else. I'm still running 50 milligrams.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
I've heard of permanent vision problems such as the guy who stated above floaters and blurre vision, remember SERMs are toxic not allot of people remember this