Kratom anyone???

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
I remember a few years ago, PHF started selling a product called 'Kratom' i think they labeled it, "I Want Me Gold!"....i guess they were trying to keep in line with their Celtic brand line, lol.

Anyhow, just wondering if any of my fellow AM use kratom?
*kratom is a powder ground down from a leave. Usually from random places in Asia (they use it a lot in their culture, make tea with it, etc).
Its leaves are used for medicinal properties. It is psychoactive (not in the way you are thinking, you dont 'trip'), and leaves are chewed to uplift mood and to treat health problems.

Basically, it gives you a warm, feel good sensation that lasts from 4-6hrs. Great for pain relief!!! You take it either in cap form, shallow the powder whole, or make a tea with it.

Years ago, i was in bad shape, after a motorcycle wreck i got addicted to pain killers in a bad way...would never want to see someone go thru that. But i found kratom, its natural, no side effects or harmful to your body. And you would have to take it in high doses (10+grams) for a solid year everyday to gain any kind of addiction to it. So it was a godsend for me. Got me off the pain pills completely.
-I stopped using kratom a year or so ago, but when i am injured from either riding my bmx bike, or pulled a muscle from working out (deadlifts!), i still think that kratom has some legitamite benifits. Its a natural way to help you get thru the few weeks of healing, without having to go to the doctor and deal with random addictive medicine! Again, making it as a tea, after a heavy session. Or is also good when you go out with your buddies for a night of drinking and you just dont feel like drinking booze (I havent had a drop in over 5 years after my daughter was born).

Anyhow, im rambling. But just wanted to know if there are many (if any) of yall that use kratom?

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are quite a few. I believe there is a thread titled "experienced kratom users" not too far back if you type it in the search bar

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
was just wondering if anyone else uses it and finds it beneficial.

Swolljaboi

Awards
Kratom is great. Like any substance it should be used responsibly. Daily use is not ideal as tolerance builds up quickly. I prefer using it 3x per week usually after my heaviest lifting days to take the edge off some muscle and joint pain from old injuries. It works very well for pain relief. Check out Wickedkratom.com. It's the only place I will buy from.

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
I agree, you have to use it responsibly.
Tolerance is a biiiitttcccchhh. But its not that bad with kratom. Especially if you dont use the same strain each time.
My favorite is the Red Sumatra....great for pain relief.

Ive heard of ex heroin addicts that started using kratom and it got them off heroin better/safer than using methadone!

Dose dependent, i started out with a teaspoon full, around 4g. But now i take 8g's.
Again, this is not a everyday thing. But if you are living in pain, i would give it a shot!

Anyone interested in kratom, i know all about it so if you need some advice on the best suppliers, or how to dose it, etc. Im here for yall.

robbieboy672

Awards
I have been taking between 3 and 5 grams of a kratom blend called vietbomb pre workout about 3 times a week and it's amazing. It gives great energy and motivation and on the days I take it I don't want to leave the gym. Highly highly recommend it for pre workout

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just ordered some samples of Maeng Da and Bali. I'm planning on taking the Bali during a night in and the Maeng Da on a night out maybe. Any suggestions on what dose to take?

What would be best to take as a pre workout?

Swolljaboi

Awards
I've heard that green or white vein strains are good for pre workout. I haven't tried it though.

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
Any of the Greens or White strains will give you a really happy and energetic feeling.
White especially for a good pre workout stim!

PM me and i can direct you to the best kratom site ever!
All those places that make up their own strain names are bull****e!
"SUPER FANSASTIC VIETNAM KILLER", etc, etc.

If you want pure quality at a good price, ill show you over to where i buy mine. The owner is a great businessman and all around great dude. Good prices, no bull.

Swolljaboi

Awards
The made up names are generally multiple strains blended together. I don't think anyone is trying to claim they invented new strains.

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
First timers, it varies, but 4-5 grams usually does the trick.
Most important thing is to take it on a empty stomach.
Around 2hrs after you ate dinner, etc.

For moderate users, anywhere from 6-8grams.

For me: 10-15grams.

Word to the wise, dont buy the capsules that they sell at head shops!!!!

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
The made up names are generally multiple strains blended together. I don't think anyone is trying to claim they invented new strains.
Wrong.
The made up names are a sales gimmic, and nothing more.
Not busting your balls, but i used to be in the kratom business. I know who to trust, and what to trust.
We buy from directly overseas. usually from Borneo or Sumatra.
The companies that make up names are crap.
There is some that actually do enhance kratom, but that is what it will be labeled: Enhanced.

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
If you ever twist your ankle, or any kind of injury where at a ER they will send you home with painkillers like vicodin....f that!
Buy 50g's of Red Sumatra.

Swolljaboi

Awards
But surely you are aware that it is possible to blend different strains together?

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
Of course. I buy a Red blend.
Just got it in today.

I was talking about some of the names they give their products. Anything with the words "Super" "Energetic", etc.
are merely a sales promo.

PM me and ill send you to a no mess around site.

Swolljaboi

Awards
Oh yeah I see what you're saying. I'm already good with my source though. I appreciate it.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was using kratom for quite a bit before my recent surgery. Different strains help greatly with pain or relaxation. it is a strong substance it is currently being used as a substitute for methadone for recovering opium addicts

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. I got clean from Hydros and Oxys with kratom.
The red strains are what helped me kick the addiction. It gives me about 50% of the same euphoric feeling as the pills did...almost.
Green strains are good for a night out with your buddies and you dont drink, youll still be flirting up the gals and laughing.
Whites are not for me, they have too much of that "UP" feeling. Ive always been more of a chill-mode kinda guy.

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
I just made a kratom tea a hour ago and its kickin in nicely.
The tea isnt as strong, compared to toss n wash method, but it takes the edge off and helps me with the shoulder.

BertBolic

BertBolic

Awards
Are any of you worried about a possible relationship b/n opoids and gynecomastia?

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
Are any of you worried about a possible relationship b/n opoids and gynecomastia?
None.
It doesn't effect the same opiate receptor as other medications do (vicodin, etc)
People have been using it for centuries...while they work.

If you take something everysingle day, 3x a day, you will experience problems...just like anything, you gotta find a balance.

But ive been using kratom for about 5yrs now, and i run cycles 2x a year...no gyno here. Bloodwork looks great before and after, as well.

Swolljaboi

Awards
None.
It doesn't effect the same opiate receptor as other medications do (vicodin, etc)
People have been using it for centuries...while they work.

If you take something everysingle day, 3x a day, you will experience problems...just like anything, you gotta find a balance.

But ive been using kratom for about 5yrs now, and i run cycles 2x a year...no gyno here. Bloodwork looks great before and after, as well.
I'm glad to hear this as it has been a concern of mine.

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to hear this as it has been a concern of mine.
Think of it this way...MANY professional bodybuilders live in constant pain, but they have to smile for the camera and flex.
They are def on some form of opiate. Vicodin, Oxys, etc.
They cant afford to develop gyno!

Kratom is no where near those opiates, and is not a opiate. It just reacts on one of the two opiate receptors.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I know it has helped tremendously with some shoulder pain from an old injury.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yep, the Red Sumatra and Red Borneo keep my torn ACL at bay!
I got some Kratom samples in today. Me and my girlfriend were both wanting to try some tonight. We'll just be in watching movies and stuff. This is what all I got

11g Bali Blast - White and Green vein blend
11g Maeng Da - Green vein
6g Red Relax - I assume Red vein? Lol
6g Horned Maeng Da - Unsure
6g Super Indo - Unsure, description says sleep peacefully and stress and pain relief
8g White Maeng Da
8g Green Vietnam

I was wanting to take something more relaxing since it's gonna be at night and just watching movies. I am wanting us to be able to take the same kind so we are feeling similar for the most part, but I am not sure if I have enough of each blend for two people to dose? If not I was thinking maybe the 3g Red Relax and 2-3g Super Indo each? Unless 3g Red Relax will be enough for each of us.

I'll take any input from anybody.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Swolljaboi Miss Q tyga tyga McCrew530

This is all from Wicked Kratom and I saw you all have used them before so if any of you have any input I'd appreciate it. I emailed Miss Q, but it wasn't as specific of a question.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I got some Kratom samples in today. Me and my girlfriend were both wanting to try some tonight. We'll just be in watching movies and stuff. This is what all I got

6g Super Indo - Unsure, description says sleep peacefully and stress and pain relief
8g White Maeng Da
8g Green Vietnam

I was wanting to take something more relaxing since it's gonna be at night and just watching movies. I am wanting us to be able to take the same kind so we are feeling similar for the most part, but I am not sure if I have enough of each blend for two people to dose? If not I was thinking maybe the 3g Red Relax and 2-3g Super Indo each? Unless 3g Red Relax will be enough for each of us.

Being a new user 3g of super indo should be plenty for each of you to relax and watch a movie. Unless you have a high opiate tolerance from using prescription drugs or what not. If you want to dose higher you could split the Bali blast as that one should keep you feeling nice and relaxed but with a bit of energy along with it.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Being a new user 3g of super indo should be plenty for each of you to relax and watch a movie. Unless you have a high opiate tolerance from using prescription drugs or what not. If you want to dose higher you could split the Bali blast as that one should keep you feeling nice and relaxed but with a bit of energy along with it.
Okay good, we will start off with that and see how it goes. Everything I've seen says to take on an empty stomach would an hour after eating me good do you think?

Swolljaboi

Awards
I like to wait a couple of hours after a meal before dosing. Also taking with grapefruit juice seems to enhance the experience.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Okay good, we will start off with that and see how it goes. Everything I've seen says to take on an empty stomach would an hour after eating me good do you think?
I prefer to wait for a few hours after eating or take it on an empty stomach and eat a light meal a small time afterword’s. If there is to much food in your gut it will blunt the effects substantially and ya 3gs should be enough from wicked

Db2

Db2

Awards
I was hooked on Kratom for a while. It has the ability to bind to and activate certain opiate receptors, and that ability varies WIDELY from person to person. I've used all manor of pain killers and opiates in my sordid past, and I can tell you that for me Kratom was no joke and had an awful withdrawal effect on me after regular daily use that kept me on it for some time. I was 'using it' instead of benzos and painkillers during a particularly rough period and assumed it was the lesser of the evils, but for me it was almost just as bad.

Anyhow, if you're not of an addictive type it's probably fine. I just wanted to put the word out that for those of us that can lean that way it does have a potentially large downside as well, so tread with caution! These days I steer clear of anything that catches me any kind of mellow buzz (as pleasant as that may still sound). Stims weren't as much my thing so they don't really bug me.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried it a handful of times, mild opiate like effect. Duration was short, like maybe 30 min. For something legal, c+

I'd rather have a script of percocet :)

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We each took about 3g Super Indo and 3g of the Red Relax about 30 minutes apart. About an hour after the second dose all we've each really felt is slightly more relaxed, I feel like I can get more comfortable, and when I stand up I feel slightly light headed and walk kinda like you just got out of bed and stumbling around, but not as bad.

The taste was pretty bad, just like straight tea leaves pretty much. I'm gonna try some of the Maeng Da and Bali Blast sometime soon and see how that works.

What is the most sedating Kratom anyone has tried?

Swolljaboi

Awards
We each took about 3g Super Indo and 3g of the Red Relax about 30 minutes apart. About an hour after the second dose all we've each really felt is slightly more relaxed, I feel like I can get more comfortable, and when I stand up I feel slightly light headed and walk kinda like you just got out of bed and stumbling around, but not as bad.

The taste was pretty bad, just like straight tea leaves pretty much. I'm gonna try some of the Maeng Da and Bali Blast sometime soon and see how that works.

What is the most sedating Kratom anyone has tried?
For me the super indo has always been the most relaxing strain. Try dosing higher at 5g and seriously try the grapefruit juice. It may be placebo but it always seems to work to prolong the effects for me.

Swolljaboi

Awards
Tried it a handful of times, mild opiate like effect. Duration was short, like maybe 30 min. For something legal, c+

I'd rather have a script of percocet :)
Every time I've used good kratom the effects were at least 3 hours long. That is strange.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For me the super indo has always been the most relaxing strain. Try dosing higher at 5g and seriously try the grapefruit juice. It may be placebo but it always seems to work to prolong the effects for me.
I'll try the grapefruit juice the next time, I just didn't have any at the house. Does it mix in the juice? It would not mix in water. I did the toss and wash method for most of it but had to parachute the rest. Lol

The effects got a little stronger a while after I posted that. I was like wide awake but then would catch myself falling asleep. I got really good sleep too and woke up fairly easier than normal.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I'll try the grapefruit juice the next time, I just didn't have any at the house. Does it mix in the juice? It would not mix in water. I did the toss and wash method for most of it but had to parachute the rest. Lol

The effects got a little stronger a while after I posted that. I was like wide awake but then would catch myself falling asleep. I got really good sleep too and woke up fairly easier than normal.
Hell yeah I sleep like a baby on kratom and wake up refreshed. The stuff will not mix in any liquid I've found. I tosh n wash usually like 2g at a time. I found if I try to wash down more I end up breathing it in and that just sucks. The grapefruit juice does help mask the taste better than water. There is supposedly an enzyme in grapefruit juice that slows the metabolism of Kratom causing the effects to last longer and be more pronounced.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hell yeah I sleep like a baby on kratom and wake up refreshed. The stuff will not mix in any liquid I've found. I tosh n wash usually like 2g at a time. I found if I try to wash down more I end up breathing it in and that just sucks. The grapefruit juice does help mask the taste better than water. There is supposedly an enzyme in grapefruit juice that slows the metabolism of Kratom causing the effects to last longer and be more pronounced.
Yeah if I tossed too much it like went into my nose. Lol

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mannnnnn I been mixing mine with water!!! What's toss and wash? Throw it in and swallow it with liquid??

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Mannnnnn I been mixing mine with water!!! What's toss and wash? Throw it in and swallow it with liquid??
You got it bro. It kind of sucks cuz the dry leaf can mess up you throat but its way more effective

grs23

Awards
Hey guys I've been reading up on this as well. What is a good trusted site to try some out? Thanks

Swolljaboi

Awards
Hey guys I've been reading up on this as well. What is a good trusted site to try some out? Thanks
I use wickedkratom.com for mine. Miss Q the owner is an AM member and she always gives extra samples in your order. The customer service is great too.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
I just ordered some samples of Maeng Da and Bali. I'm planning on taking the Bali during a night in and the Maeng Da on a night out maybe. Any suggestions on what dose to take?

What would be best to take as a pre workout?
Maeng-Da = high energy and Bali = relaxation /slight motivation, for most people. Not everyone reacts the exact same way to like strains/blends, and the effects may depend on food, supps and other variables.

Wrong.
The made up names are a sales gimmic, and nothing more.
Not busting your balls, but i used to be in the kratom business. I know who to trust, and what to trust.
We buy from directly overseas. usually from Borneo or Sumatra.
The companies that make up names are crap.
There is some that actually do enhance kratom, but that is what it will be labeled: Enhanced.
Most vendors buy direct from Indonesia these days & yes, you can only purchase certain strains, so blending is extremely common. If a blend works & customers love it then that's all that matters :)

8g White Maeng Da
8g Green Vietnam

Red Relax Blend is Red Vein Borneo, Dark Red Vein Borneo & Bali Chill (red strain) BLENDED together. Horned Maeng-Da - is another blend of red Horn & green Maeng - Da that should cause energy effects with relaxing properties mixed in as well. Some ppl will feel sleepy when a red and green are mixed together & some might feel more energized. We are all different, so the best way to figure it out is to experiment. Less = more energizing /More = sedation.

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
Also, taking kratom with Turmeric has been known to help it kick in a bit better...user dependent of course.
You can find turmeric capsules at walgreens, best to take 500mgs a few mins before you dose kratom.

Toss and wash is the best method. You can use any kind of drink (except anything carbonayded) to get it down.
And always best to take it on a empty stomach, at least a hour after a meal, preferably 2-3hrs after.

Like any kind of supplement, you have to take the time to find the right strain for you. And then figure out correct dosage and when to take it.
Most start out at 4-5grams.
Ive been taking it for a couple years, its best to mix strains so you dont develop much of a tolerance.
But of course, if you take it everyday for a long period, it wont work much.

^Those are just the basic guidelines, do your internet homework, check out reviews, etc.
Ive bought from plenty of vendors/sites, and know which ones are good quality and consistent.

Treat kratom with respect.