Raloxifene problems

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I am using liquid ralox from RUI. I noted that there appears to crystals/powder sitting at the bottom of the bottles. I assume this is the active compound.

No biggie I thought; I'll just shake the bottle up prior to dosing.

Well, I am about halfway through a bottle, and there's almost as much material still at the bottom as there is in a new bottle!!!

I feel I am not getting an adequate dose, if any at all.

I have been shaking the bottle and then drawing my dosage with a syringe.

What else can I do to actually get a dosage?

Should I modify the cap so I can pull a dosage with the bottle inverted?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Have you tried heating it up then slowly shaking?

You could pull from the bottom as well.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Have not tried heating. They are plastic containers.

Will try sticking the syringe all the way in and pull from the very bottom.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Just remembered I have an adapter that I can use to pull with the bottles inverted.

Will try this.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone heard anything about raloxifene causing bone density loss?

I know it is a drug used to treat osteoporosis in women, so it seems strange that it would cause bone density loss?

A few guys on another BB forum claimed it would, and that a doctor said it would.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That depends on if and how much interaction it has with the er.

ZackD89

ZackD89

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone heard anything about raloxifene causing bone density loss?

I know it is a drug used to treat osteoporosis in women, so it seems strange that it would cause bone density loss?

A few guys on another BB forum claimed it would, and that a doctor said it would.
Study on long-term women users found no effect on bone density: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11112238 ("Raloxifene preserves [bone mineral density] at important skeletal sites, lowers serum low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, and has a tolerability profile comparable to placebo. These results indicate a favorable benefit-risk profile of raloxifene for long-term use in healthy postmenopausal women.")

And of course, the study that made Ralox popular for battling gyno in men: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15238910 ("No side effects were seen in any patients" after taking Raloxifene at 60 mg/day for 3 to 9 months.) To be clear, I pulled up the full text of the study, and they didn't really discuss bone mineral density as observed in their patients one way or another. They did cite an older study that measured, among other things, bone mineral density in women taking Raloxifene, which found it increased bone mineral density: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9385122.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Looks like it has interaction with the er.