Recomp with Ostarine

N

nskyline342

Awards
Im about to go on my first cycle of ostarine (Osta Shred). I've bulked up to 174lb 26% body fat now I've been cutting and currently at 158 lbs 18% body fat but I'm getting too small for my liking so thats why I'm going to try a recomp of +20%/-20% with 4 training days no cardio/3 rest days cardio. My macros on training days would be 3,040kcals 194p 424c 63f and rest days would be 2026kcals 194p 78c 104f. This is my first time taking ostarine also doing a recomp. Anyone out there have any inputs/suggestions and if anyone has done this what are your experience? Is it possible to gain muscle/lose fat at the same time? thanks brahs

C

CJNator

Awards
I'm in! I was about that bf with that weight just a while ago.

C

CJNator

Awards
Also I'd recommend a recomp and see how you feel on it. Everyone is different so I'd have to recommend a pct, a light one at least. Maybe a on cycle support just in case. Hit me up with any questions if you need to.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are able to stay true to those macros I believe you can add a small amount of muscle while losing fat. But don't expect anything mind blowing. You're BF is a little high to get the most out of a recomp, where you would really notice 3-4 pounds of muscle gained. Ostarine is great on a true cut though in maintaining mass while losing fat. And be realistic, a true recomp is a much longer journey than 8 weeks. This may kickstart the process, but to truly gain muscle and continually lose fat is a longer process than most think (naturally).

C

CJNator

Awards
I agree with Dma, I've been recomping for a while and will continue for the rest of the summer. A cut would be great with this if you want fast results and like Dma said you won't really see the results for a while unless you stick it out(recomping) for a while and naturally. IMO for the long run recomp but if you wanting to look good for summer cut with it.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree with Dma, I've been recomping for a while and will continue for the rest of the summer. A cut would be great with this if you want fast results and like Dma said you won't really see the results for a while unless you stick it out(recomping) for a while and naturally. IMO for the long run recomp but if you wanting to look good for summer cut with it.
Well said ^^^^

N

nskyline342

Awards
If you are able to stay true to those macros I believe you can add a small amount of muscle while losing fat. But don't expect anything mind blowing. You're BF is a little high to get the most out of a recomp, where you would really notice 3-4 pounds of muscle gained. Ostarine is great on a true cut though in maintaining mass while losing fat. And be realistic, a true recomp is a much longer journey than 8 weeks. This may kickstart the process, but to truly gain muscle and continually lose fat is a longer process than most think (naturally).
Thanks bro appreciate the input. Sorry for my ignorance but since this is my first time taking any type of SARMs/PH/Ostarine. Would this be considered natty?

I am planning to take a pct after the cycle just incase. How long have you been recomping for, with or without any PH? Hows the progress?

N

nskyline342

Awards
I am trying to get down to around 10-12% bf by summer (end of june), and Im going to start my cycle on May 1, since the cycle is 60 days, what do you guys think about doing 30 days recomp/lean bulk then 30 days true cut. How effective would that be in terms of getting my bf down and also gaining some muscle by the end of june?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No sir, it is not natty. And definitely requires a PCT. I recommend a SERM, especially if you are dosing at 25mg (Osta Shred). A low dose SERM for 3 weeks plus a test booster will suffice.

C

CJNator

Awards
Id say since February and I ran LGD for 6 weeks (needs to be longer) with GW for a little over 2 months(not worth solo) and just finishing it up. Just today I jumped on Xcels Epicatchen LGD product and will be running it for 3 months but i accidentally fell into a cut and lost 2 lbs and over ate the last 2 days so now i will be counting my calories with myfitnespal to ensure a good recomp for the rest of summer or until i feel like lean bulking. Good progress so far. for some reason I cant post my log but it is easy to find.

C

CJNator

Awards
No sir, it is not natty. And definitely requires a PCT. I recommend a SERM, especially if you are dosing at 25mg (Osta Shred). A low dose SERM for 3 weeks plus a test booster will suffice.
Well when it comes to Osta people either say light pct or SERM but I will have to agree here since it is your first time. Ive ran Osta in the past with no or extremely little shutdown with no pct (25-30mgs) but id recommend Rebirth, Viron and any other test booster but I do not recommend no pct. Better safe then sorry.