Low-dose T3?

TrojanMan48

Awards
I know everyone says that to use T3 you must use it with some sort of anabolic to counter muscle loss, but I had a thought. Not based on science or anything, but just some thinking. If you were to take T3 at one tab a day (25 mcg's) could you prevent catabolism and still have fat-burning qualities(though much lower than with a normal cycle)? Is there anyway to use t3 as such to prevent muscle loss?

hethcliff

Awards
  • Established
t3 is pretty catabolic. the only way to really prevent muscle loss is with some sort of anabolic.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
It seems to me that introducing any substance that your body naturally produces like T3 would cause your body to slow or even temporarily cease production of said substance. As such, such a low amount of T3 would only cause an equal amount thyroid suppression in order for your body to try to remain in balance. Thus there wouldn't be much of a fat burning effect, and perhaps an equally small decrease in thyroid hormone production. But T3 pretty much tells your body to consume energy and is indifferent to where said energy comes from (bone, muscle (remember the heart is a muscle as well), etc).

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
It seems to me that introducing any substance that your body naturally produces like T3 would cause your body to slow or even temporarily cease production of said substance. As such, such a low amount of T3 would only cause an equal amount thyroid suppression in order for your body to try to remain in balance. Thus there wouldn't be much of a fat burning effect, and perhaps an equally small decrease in thyroid hormone production. But T3 pretty much tells your body to consume energy and is indifferent to where said energy comes from (bone, muscle (remember the heart is a muscle as well), etc).
Very well said!