can someone give me an insight please

florida2001

Awards
Hi,
I know many of you are well educated about hormonal issues and I was wondering if you could give me opinion.

I haven't had regular period for long long time. I'm 35 female. The last period I got was after I upped my thyroid dosage (thyroid is under control, free t3, free t4 in upper range), which was in december; since then I haven't had my period again. I got my blood work done last week and I was wondering if you can give me an opinion.
Last 7 days my breast got bigger, hard like rock, swollen, painful, can not run, jump rope. What could possibly cause my imbalance. I am not Pregnant.
My total testosteron is over the normal range.

Hemoglobin A1C 4.9 normal range <5.7
Prolactin 5.3 normal range 3.0- 30.0
TSH 0.01 normal range 0.4-4.5
T4 total 9.5 normal range 4.5- 12.0
T3 total 126 normal range 76-181
Estrogen total serum 738 normal range early follicular 70-400: late folicullar 100-900; luteal 70-700
Progesterone 21.2 normal range folicular <1.0 ; luteal 2.6-21.5 ; post menopausal <0.5
Testosterone total 72 normal 2-45
testosterone free 3.0 normal 0.1-6.4

Currently on 25 mcg cytomel, 125 mcg synthroid, 1000mg metformin.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try puting this in the female fitness section as well. You might get a few more responses there. There's a lot of knowlagable women on here that can help you. Good luck.

florida2001

Awards
This is so weird.!!!!!!!!!!!! Please read !!!!I had only one period in the last year (december) in January my doctor ordered tests , my progesterone was <0.5 and estrradiol 40. I was on low low side. In March I have done the blood tests that I posted as a last test and as you can see my estrogen, progesteron are on higer side and Testosteron elevated.
My breast were swollen for the last week and so tender. I took the pregnancy test just because I was curious, believing it will come out negative as I was ammenorhetic and it came out POSITIVE , shock. Bought another 2 tests and all of them POSITIVE. WOW. Not saying Im not happy, just amazed. Is it possible to have positive tests and be not pregnant. I and my hubby didn't have much sex for the last month. How do I find out how far I am?

thank you

r3zy

Awards
Congratulations :).

To answer your question pregnancy tests detect the presence of a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). This hormone is produced by the placenta shortly after the embryo attaches to the uterine lining. You don't need to have much sex to get pregnant, only takes the once. Doctor will be able to tell you how far you are with a ultrasound test.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to go to your OBGYN. You are 35, so I can only imagine you already have a doctor you see.