Ephedrine on epi cycle - question

Db2

Db2

Awards
I had a quick question, I'm in the middle of my second week of a first epi cycle (recomp/lean gain, hoping maybe +6 lbs). I've always been a stimulant junkie and was a little leery about totally giving up my pwo, but I've tapered down. I had a super high tolerance to caffeine in the first place and have been checking my BP regularly, and while it can teeter a touch high on occasion it's generally in my normal range.

I was taking some ephedrine (primatine) and also sudafed on other days (allergies) and offsetting some of the decrease in my caffeine with this. It doesn't seem to affect my appetite and the BP seems under control but I was just wondering, in terms of taking it in very close proximity to my epi doses, does it have any interaction in terms of absorption or receptor modification etc? With regards to maximum efficiency of the epi (not sides etc.) could the ephedrine/pseudoephedrine be detrimental or beneficial in any way?

Any and all info is appreciated! I thought I saw some discussion of ephedrine doing something to enhance efficacy at some receptor sites, but didn't want that fuzzy memory lulling me into a false sense of comfort.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Well my BP spikes started in week 3. I would stay away from stims while on cycle

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would agree. I dont use pre workout stims while on cycle.

Db2

Db2

Awards
I appreciate the input, I will definitely continue to ween/cut out and closely monitor bp. But as far as the epi absorption and function, is there any known interaction at all? I'm mostly concerned with Sudafed as my spring allergies are kicking in pretty heavy right now and I hate being stuffy at the gym.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Almost all of allergy mess raise heart beat, so I would use allergy mess with great caution. Even try stay away from it

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Spell check on suppose to be"meds".

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used both before. Just monitor BP and make sure to take a good cycle support supplement.