Dont Use NOLVA or CLOMID pct? TOXICITY!!

bennoes

bennoes

Awards
So i came across this forum post/article on the net, originally by Primordial Performance i believe. Its called 'Clomid & Nolvadex – The Dark Side' (just search google and first link). It focuses on the side effects of Nolva and Clomid and says they shouldnt be used for pct in men as there are better alternatives.

Cliffnotes from another user on another forum are:
"Here is a summary (author's views, not mine - I am paraphrasing):
* Optimal HCG usage is 100iu ED from day 3 of your cycle up until a week before your last AAS clears.
* Almost as good, but more convenient is HCG at 500iu once a week
* Nolva is very toxic, a carcinogen, increases the risk of developing fatty liver disease and up-regulates the progesterone receptor, thereby increasing the chances of gyno in the future when using deca or tren.
* Clomid may be carcinogenic too, although there is less research on it than nolva. Clomid can cause eye/vision problems due to toxicity.
* Toremifene and Raloxifene are new SERMs. Both are safer, although the former is still toxic, and the latter can cause arterial blockage and is expensive.
* Resveratrol seems to be a better bet still, which has loads of benefits other than helping recovery. However, it won't fix gyno.
* GH and IGF-1 help testicular function, particularly the latter at 80mcg split twice daily."

Obviously Nolva and Clomid are widely used by aas users, but the article is interesting. But my thoughts are, there have been plenty of studies showing the positive effects these serms have and plenty of people have blood work to show their effectiveness in restoring hpta, but the side effects we dont really think about. What are your thoughts?

bennoes

bennoes

Awards
Do you think its just scare tactics so they can sell more otc products?

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
I hate that companies do this kind of thing ... can cause a great deal of confustion

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doesn't really make sense that doctors would give a drug that is used to prevent spreading of cancer (Nolva and clomid) to women that would in turn be carcinogenic lol It's pretty contradictory

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doesn't really make sense that doctors would give a drug that is used to prevent spreading of cancer (Nolva and clomid) to women that would in turn be carcinogenic lol It's pretty contradictory
Not really. There are certain risks with drugs, sometimes a possible benefit outweighs a possible negative.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not really. There are certain risks with drugs, sometimes a possible benefit outweighs a possible negative.
Yeah and obviously this one is to inhibit cancer growth in the breast tissue, not to promote it. I don't believe this drug is one of those gray areas. Of course anyone can take anything and say that it gave them cancer or that it promoted cancerous growth. Same could be said about sugar theoretically

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brb taking 5 methyls then scared to take a SERM due to it's "toxicity."

Primordial's "articles" aka advertisements were the worst.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it is all something to be aware of. There is a reason doctors hesitate to prescribe clomid as a start for TRT and that is due to the increasingly reported vision issues. My endo said that of those offered the option approximately 50% had decreased and blurry vision when starting with clomid. There are obvious risks to anything, so I don't see what is wrong with making it known rather than just blindly (no pun) following what boards say.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it is all something to be aware of. There is a reason doctors hesitate to prescribe clomid as a start for TRT and that is due to the increasingly reported vision issues. My endo said that of those offered the option approximately 50% had decreased and blurry vision when starting with clomid. There are obvious risks to anything, so I don't see what is wrong with making it known rather than just blindly (no pun) following what boards say.

Then how are we to know how to live, act, behave, and what to buy?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is a great question. Hang tight, I am looking it up..

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not that I'm scared to take SERMS....It's wise to be informed about what you're actually consuming and the possible side effects. People should know the risks associated with the drugs they consume before consumption. It's a bit hard to believe that people didn't understand that SERMS are somewhat toxic to the liver.

thehogsters

thehogsters

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is the biggest load of horse crap I have ever read.