Elbow Pain

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First off, I have always had bad joints ever since I was young. A few years ago from pitching in baseball, I had gotten to the point some games that my right elbow would ache so bad that I couldn't lift my arm. Doctors just called it Tennis Elbow and said it just got inflamed.

I haven't had pain like that in a couple years, but I have always gotten aches and pains here and there. Tonight at the gym I got the exact same feeling in my left elbow, without having any previous pain like that recently. It just aches really bad, is really weak, makes my hand shake, and is like throbbing. I know I need to see a doctor, I'm going to if it persists. I was just curious if anyone has had a pain like this before and what it was if you ever found out? I am also on 12.5mg Exemestane a day since I am in PCT, but it is RC so chances are it's not quite dosed correctly.

Since I am in PCT I am wanting to get ideas on what I should do if there's no way around this and I have to take multiple weeks off. Would something like Ostarine or any peptides possibly help depending on what it is? I am just afraid of losing everything I just gained from this cycle if having to take much time off at all.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reduction of estrogen has a negative impact on joint health. I'd look in to Cissus, specifically cissus from SNS. Cissus is pharma studied and used, as well as having many benefits other than just joint/tendon/ligament help. I have multiple dislocations on both shoulders, and cissus is the only thing that has ever helped me lift almost pain free. I've recommended it to many friends, all have had great success.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Reduction of estrogen has a negative impact on joint health. I'd look in to Cissus, specifically cissus from SNS. Cissus is pharma studied and used, as well as having many benefits other than just joint/tendon/ligament help. I have multiple dislocations on both shoulders, and cissus is the only thing that has ever helped me lift almost pain free. I've recommended it to many friends, all have had great success.
How should the dosages be timed? I assume as far away from a workout as possible? Also how long does it usually take to notice an effect?

I was beginning to think low estrogen could be a problem, but I find it hard to believe that would be the sole problem for such a bad pain. It was honestly the worst and longest most consistent pain I had ever felt. But 4 Advil did seem to help a bit, but I obviously can't rely on 3 grams of it a day to help any pain.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
How should the dosages be timed? I assume as far away from a workout as possible? Also how long does it usually take to notice an effect?

I was beginning to think low estrogen could be a problem, but I find it hard to believe that would be the sole problem for such a bad pain. It was honestly the worst and longest most consistent pain I had ever felt. But 4 Advil did seem to help a bit, but I obviously can't rely on 3 grams of it a day to help any pain.
im in the same boat tennis elbow Antaeus Labs' Achilles highly recommend.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
is cissus weight dependent ? i have used few times different brand no really noticeable results im 225

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
is cissus weight dependent ? i have used few times different brand no really noticeable results im 225
225lb isn't that heavy. You should feel it with the regular dose of 2 caps AM, 2 caps PM

What were your problems that got you started w/ cissus?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I take cissus and fish oil away from my workout. I don't know when you workout, but ideally you would do (if using SNS Cissus XT) 2 caps morning, 2 caps night. You should notice relief in as little as a week.

When i'm hammering AIs on a strong cycle, Cissus + proper fish oil intake still has me covered.

If using SNS, 3g total. 2 caps/2 caps.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I take cissus and fish oil away from my workout. I don't know when you workout, but ideally you would do (if using SNS Cissus XT) 2 caps morning, 2 caps night. You should notice relief in as little as a week.

When i'm hammering AIs on a strong cycle, Cissus + proper fish oil intake still has me covered.

If using SNS, 3g total. 2 caps/2 caps.
I'm definitely gonna have to give it a try. It seems Orange Triad isn't gonna do the trick for me.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
I'm fighting with tennis elbow last 5 years , sometimes is better sometimes worst (it's kind of cycling illness) I used usp labs cissus 6-8 cap a day.

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Just started getting hip tightness and pain and sore knees. Primaforce cissus and fish oil cleared that up in a matter of days. Strongly recommend.

Cissus is documented as having positive body recomp and bone density effects too.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I have Tennis and Golfers Elbow, one each arm. In addition to the supps mentioned - I had to deload, change the split to give the elbows as much rest as possible (I do Chest/Back/Arms on one day - those hammer the elbow tendons the most), use a heating pad every night, and I bought a Theraband

http://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-26101-Thera-Band-Flexbar-Medium/dp/B000KGOMBC/ref=sr_1_1/175-1402908-6687944?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1425647888&sr=1-1&keywords=thera+band+bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2QQaVfeI4U

It takes a loooong time to heal. I got it in November and it's *almost* healed. Obviously, not lifting would help it more, but - hahahahaha!

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
I once injured my wrist and it has taken over 2 years to fully heal. I went to the doc a year after it initially got injured and hadn't healed completely, and he told me it was healing slowly but could take years, which is common for wrists. I think wrists are different than most other joints though.

Regardless, cissus seems to be he only thing that helps. It's my favorite.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi folks!
I have golfers in the left- and tennis in the right forearm. The funny thing is, I never played Golf or Tennis.
Will get on Cissus again, after reading here. Took Cissus for about a month before, without seeing effect.
My new approach to that problem is logged, if anyone is interested look it up.

Awaiting new "rehab-toy" called "Armaid", will log it too.

TheKing7

Awards
Hi folks! I have golfers in the left- and tennis in the right forearm. The funny thing is, I never played Golf or Tennis. Will get on Cissus again, after reading here. Took Cissus for about a month before, without seeing effect. My new approach to that problem is logged, if anyone is interested look it up. Awaiting new "rehab-toy" called "Armaid", will log it too.
You don't have to ever have played golf or tennis. It is just named after that because the conditions are associated with those specific sports. Golfers elbow is medial epicondylitis which is basically overuse of the flexors, while tennis elbow is lateral epicondylitis from overuse of the extensors. Rest, ice and stretching. Put some water and a tongue suppressor and water in dixie cups and put them in the freezer and give yourself an ice massage until you are numb. Those bands actually work pretty well too depending on what you are doing. It basically changes the insertion point of the muscle and disperses the forces away from the actual insertion point to relieve it from stress and pain. Something to look into.

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Hi folks!
I have golfers in the left- and tennis in the right forearm. The funny thing is, I never played Golf or Tennis.
Will get on Cissus again, after reading here. Took Cissus for about a month before, without seeing effect.
My new approach to that problem is logged, if anyone is interested look it up.

Awaiting new "rehab-toy" called "Armaid", will log it too.
What brand of cissus did you take? I'm taking Primaforce, which is the strongest concentration around. It's doing wonders for me so far just a few weeks in.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't have to ever have played golf or tennis. It is just named after that because the conditions are associated with those specific sports. Golfers elbow is medial epicondylitis which is basically overuse of the flexors, while tennis elbow is lateral epicondylitis from overuse of the extensors. Rest, ice and stretching. Put some water and a tongue suppressor and water in dixie cups and put them in the freezer and give yourself an ice massage until you are numb. Those bands actually work pretty well too depending on what you are doing. It basically changes the insertion point of the muscle and disperses the forces away from the actual insertion point to relieve it from stress and pain. Something to look into.
Thank you for the info. Icing is what I do after the gym, In the morning, I'm using an infrared light, but honestly, I don't know if it does something to help healing.
I figured that the main problem is stubbornness. We have pain and are working out anyway, out of fear our arms get smaller.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My new approach is a Sarms stack with 8 weeks of REST for my arms, using the time for cardio to shed fat. Got today the "Armaid" , a rehab tool, will it put in my "healing-log".

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Unless you have actual swelling, icing isn't actually recommended from the research I've seen. You want to increase blood-flow (repair) to the area, via heat. INAD (I'm Not A Doctor).

As far as what lifts to perform, I switched to cables for arm training, and straps for any pull movement - to take as much off of the tendon/ligaments as possible.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What brand of cissus did you take? I'm taking Primaforce, which is the strongest concentration around. It's doing wonders for me so far just a few weeks in.
I used USP Labs and have still one and a half bottle left.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless you have actual swelling, icing isn't actually recommended from the research I've seen. You want to increase blood-flow (repair) to the area, via heat. INAD (I'm Not A Doctor).
Hi " The-Old-Guy", I'm almost 47 and from what I understood, our condition is age related. I'm using heat with an infrared lamp too, but I guess that the arms need rest to heal properly. You are welcome to my log about my Sarms-healing approach, please look it up, can't post the link to it. My condition is getting slowly better.

TheKing7

Awards
Unless you have actual swelling, icing isn't actually recommended from the research I've seen. You want to increase blood-flow (repair) to the area, via heat. INAD (I'm Not A Doctor). As far as what lifts to perform, I switched to cables for arm training, and straps for any pull movement - to take as much off of the tendon/ligaments as possible.
Yeah but if you have epicondylitis theres a good chance its going to be inflamed. Depending on what stage its in whether acute, subacute or chronic will determine if you should use heat or ice. Itis means inflammation and heat actually causes an inflammatory response, so if you put heat on an inflamed area it can make it worse. If you have epicondylitis and are working out you are going to have inflammation.

TheKing7

Awards
The flexors basically attach to a tendon and the tendon attaches to the medial epicondyle while the extensors attach to a tendon and then the lateral epicondyle. They get irritated from overuse. It could be something as simple as typing on the computer a lot everyday or closing a car door. Personally, when we have patients suffering from these conditions in physical therapy we never apply heat. We never apply heat in general. I'd focus on stretching and icing initially. Then I would gradually build up to strengthening very slowly by starting with isometric contractions and eventually building to concentric and eccentric contractions. I would definitely try to perform some transverse friction massage on the muscles and tendons. This could help relieve some pain and increase the blood flow to the area to help nutrients travel to the site for healing. Just my thoughts on it.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
First off, I have always had bad joints ever since I was young. A few years ago from pitching in baseball, I had gotten to the point some games that my right elbow would ache so bad that I couldn't lift my arm. Doctors just called it Tennis Elbow and said it just got inflamed.

I haven't had pain like that in a couple years, but I have always gotten aches and pains here and there. Tonight at the gym I got the exact same feeling in my left elbow, without having any previous pain like that recently. It just aches really bad, is really weak, makes my hand shake, and is like throbbing. I know I need to see a doctor, I'm going to if it persists. I was just curious if anyone has had a pain like this before and what it was if you ever found out? I am also on 12.5mg Exemestane a day since I am in PCT, but it is RC so chances are it's not quite dosed correctly.

Since I am in PCT I am wanting to get ideas on what I should do if there's no way around this and I have to take multiple weeks off. Would something like Ostarine or any peptides possibly help depending on what it is? I am just afraid of losing everything I just gained from this cycle if having to take much time off at all.
The elbow pain from pitching was more likely valgus ext overload than tennis elbow, get a proper diagnoses before deciding what to do

TheKing7

Awards
The elbow pain from pitching was more likely valgus ext overload than tennis elbow, get a proper diagnoses before deciding what to do
Yeah I'm glad you said that because I misread it the first time. I would definitely get it checked to make sure that you have no ligament damage and it for sure is just epicondylitis.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 3
CorpKiller Nutrition / Health 6
u_e_s_i Training Forum 11
bdavid Natural Bodybuilding 16
BRUstrong Supplements 10