How Long After Bulk Before Cut

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm getting close to ending my PCT for my bulk cycle I just ran and was wondering how long I should wait after I finished PCT to start my cut? It will most likely be a natural cut, I'm not sure if I want to run another cycle this soon.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting close to ending my PCT for my bulk cycle I just ran and was wondering how long I should wait after I finished PCT to start my cut? It will most likely be a natural cut, I'm not sure if I want to run another cycle this soon.
I normall bulk through PCT and then 2weeks after, then slowly bring down the calories, 50-100 per day and adjust accordingly.

Yeah don't run another cycle, let your body recover.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I normall bulk through PCT and then 2weeks after, then slowly bring down the calories, 50-100 per day and adjust accordingly.

Yeah don't run another cycle, let your body recover.
That's about how I was planning on doing it, thanks. I had figured a month after PCT I would start but I think I will start lowering calories earlier than that like you said.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
That's about how I was planning on doing it, thanks. I had figured a month after PCT I would start but I think I will start lowering calories earlier than that like you said.
4 weeks would be better if you could hold out another 2 weeks.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4 weeks would be better if you could hold out another 2 weeks.
That would put me at about the start of April to begin my cut, which would give me roughly 6 weeks before Summer. I'm already going to be a fatty on Spring Break, I don't want to be one for the whole Summer as well. Lol It's also my first real cut so I wanted to give myself some extra time, especially since it's going to be natural. But, my goal is only 8-10% bodyfat.

Nitro41

Nitro41

Awards
  • Established
I was gonna start cutting beginng of april too, if your doin a cutting cycle, you can shred 15lbs off in 6wks and still keep muscle.....i hope, we will see. Currently 190lb about 15%

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree with Grinnell. When you do decide to cut cals, do it gradually. 50-100/day for a week or two. Then decrease by another 100 for a couple weeks, etc, etc.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Agree with Grinnell. When you do decide to cut cals, do it gradually. 50-100/day for a week or two. Then decrease by another 100 for a couple weeks, etc, etc.
Yeah, I am definitely going to do it slow since it will be done naturally. I was thinking of running X Gels and ECAY, to keep strength up and hunger away.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
how much do you weigh now? What is current body fat. I'm around competitors both enhanced and natural everyday and from what I've seen naturally it's pretty hard to drop over 1% bf a week without some loss in lbm. Cutting too soon after a bulk is where lots of gains are lost. Usually people will up.kcal during pct to keep the gains then go maintenance after pct for a few weeks to give body time to adjust to new weight

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
how much do you weigh now? What is current body fat. I'm around competitors both enhanced and natural everyday and from what I've seen naturally it's pretty hard to drop over 1% bf a week without some loss in lbm. Cutting too soon after a bulk is where lots of gains are lost. Usually people will up.kcal during pct to keep the gains then go maintenance after pct for a few weeks to give body time to adjust to new weight
I'm about 215 pounds right now at 6'1" and probably around 15% bodyfat. I'm starting my 4th week of PCT tomorrow. My PCT was
Clomid 50/50/25/25
Nolva 20/20/10/10
Super PCT 4/4/3/3/2
Exemestane 0/0/12.5/12.5/12.5/12.5eod

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm about 215 pounds right now at 6'1" and probably around 15% bodyfat. I'm starting my 4th week of PCT tomorrow. My PCT is
Clomid 50/50/25/25
Nolva 20/20/10/10
Super PCT 4/4/3/3/2

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm about 215 pounds right now at 6'1" and probably around 15% bodyfat. I'm starting my 4th week of PCT tomorrow. My PCT is
Clomid 50/50/25/25
Nolva 20/20/10/10
Super PCT 4/4/3/3/2
Your a pretty big guy 1% bf for you would be over 2lbs of fat. A loss of over 2lbs a week isn't that healthy. I'd shoot for .75% reduction a week but than your looking at 12 to 14 weeks to get to around 10% you could do it faster but it might not be sustainable

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your a pretty big guy 1% bf for you would be over 2lbs of fat. A loss of over 2lbs a week isn't that healthy. I'd shoot for .75% reduction a week but than your looking at 12 to 14 weeks to get to around 10% you could do it faster but it might not be sustainable
I'm okay with it taking a little while to get to 10%. I would just like to look decent come time for the beginning of summer. I don't want to rush this at all without the help of any anabolics.