28 year old with low-normal range testastorone. Plz help..

Tuskir

Awards
Hello forum! I'm here for advice on the best way to treat my low testastorone and would really appreciate your advise. I have been having low t symptons for as long as I can remember, in high school I was that fat kid everyone picked up.

Thankfully, through extremely hard work and eating perfectly, I was able to lose weight in college. I'm now 28, in alright shape, but not great (I'm 5'8 and 170lbs and my maxes are 200 bench, 225 squat 365 deadlift).

I have been tracking my testastorone for the past 3 years, taking all the natural supplements you can think of it. My total has been 400 to 500 and free 10 to 14 for past several years. My main issue is lack of energy, not very good recovery after training, as well as mild depression and mild social anxiety. Also, very hard to lose fat and gain muscle, my diet and training has to be absolutely perfect. No libido problems though.

I visited a well-respected endocrinologist and he suggested the following HRT protocol:

Mon: hCG shot (forgot amount - said very low dose)
Tue: hCG shot
Wed. 80ml Testosterone Cypionate
Thurs: Arimidex half tablet

I would like to know your thoughts on this protocol for an otherwise healthy 28 year old. Technically, my levels are still in the normal range, so I guess I'm wandering if it's worth it to start with the possibility of having to do HRT for life. Do you think this will really help me raise my energy levels and improve recovery? And overall better feeling?

Tuskir

Awards
My other results...

T3 FREE - 3.4 (1.8-4.6 range)
T4 FREE - 1.43 (0.9 - 1.7 range)
TSH --- 1.3 (0.27 - 4.2 range)
LH ------- 2.6 (1.7 - 8.6 range)
Estradiol E2 -- 22.7 (7.6 - 42.6 range)
DHEA-Sulfate 221.8 (160 - 449 range)
Sex Hormone Bind Globulin 27 (10-80 range)
Test total -- 427 (280 - 1100 range)
Test free ---- 10.68 (1.9 - 27 range)
IGF-1 ------- 273 (150 - 222 range)
Cortisol ---- 18.1 (6.2 - 19.4 morning range). Looks a bit high?
Blood count - everything good
General chemistry - all good, Glucose a bit towards high range.
Cholesterol -- 174 total (<200).. HDL 63 and LDL 99.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Your test is on the low end, but is still pretty high for TRT. I'd think about getting a second opinion. Just my thoughts!

Turbo6GN

Turbo6GN

Awards
So if you start TRT and your levels go up 100-200 (based on a 80mg T shot) will you expect to not have social anxiety, trouble sleeping, better recovery, fat loss, etc???

I think you are just chasing a magic test number like a lot of guys on this forum. You can have high test and feel like crap and have a myriad of personal issues and vice versa. Having some arbitrary test level won't solve your life's problems.