Longest TRT run so far

adawg1980

Awards
Does anyone know who has been documented as being on TRT for the longest time? (i.e., bodybuilder, celebrity, average joe, etc)

mgkoret

mgkoret

Awards
  • Established
Running record goes to those still breathing...

adawg1980

Awards
Thanks, but I'm inquiring about the number of years that someone has been on. Has Arnold been on for life, is there some random guy that started it back in the 80's and is still healthy, etc.?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is no way you will ever get a real answer to this.

adawg1980

Awards
So, there are no old medical records of a doctor prescribing it to their patient and monitoring them? I am just trying to find documentation of long term use.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would not want information about patients being released.

adawg1980

Awards
OP, are you on TRT?
No, I am not. However, back in December, my Total Test levels dropped from 550 to 420 (range 300-1100) about 2 months after taken a DHEA supplement; Free Test was 8.4 (range being 8.7-25). I went to see a new doctor who specializes in hormones and OTC supplements that help the male body; he actually used to be into bodybuilding when he was younger, so he seems to have knowledge from personal experience and medical education (board certified, good report, etc.). I go back tomorrow to see the results of my full blood panel taken back in January. I don't know what he is going to suggest, if anything, tomorrow, but in the case he suggested TRT, I would like to further educated on the subject so that I can discuss any concerns I may have with him.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. TRT is doctor dependent, but I doubt most docs will put you on it at 420. Before I started I had 3 tests all between 190-250 (I'm 31 now, 29 when I started). Now I average 500-700.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unless you have symptoms, you certainly do not want to go on TRT with 400 level total test.

What is he testing for? I am assuming CBC w/ lipids and full hormone panel?

adawg1980

Awards
Gotcha. TRT is doctor dependent, but I doubt most docs will put you on it at 420. Before I started I had 3 tests all between 190-250 (I'm 31 now, 29 when I started). Now I average 500-700.
I understand. The nurse practitioner told me they typically have men that go on TRT, but they have also used Clomid/HCG Therapy for men that are secondary hypogonadal, recommended certain supplements, etc.

I switched doctors because my primary care physician gave me a Test Cyp prescription for (1) monthly shot of 200mg with Total Test levels in the mid 500s. Luckily, I was smart enough to know not to follow this protocol or get the prescription filled.

adawg1980

Awards
Unless you have symptoms, you certainly do not want to go on TRT with 400 level total test.

What is he testing for? I am assuming CBC w/ lipids and full hormone panel?
I believe you are right. They took about (5) vials of blood.

Actually, since I came off of that DHEA in December, I have been kinda sluggish, low libido, slightly weaker erections, not really interested in working out, kind brain foggy at times, just not really motivated to do much.

I know that diet and sleep can play a role into this...... even the thought of knowing that my Test levels were in the 400's could possibly effect some of those symptoms.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I understand. The nurse practitioner told me they typically have men that go on TRT, but they have also used Clomid/HCG Therapy for men that are secondary hypogonadal, recommended certain supplements, etc.

I switched doctors because my primary care physician gave me a Test Cyp prescription for (1) monthly shot of 200mg with Total Test levels in the mid 500s. Luckily, I was smart enough to know not to follow this protocol or get the prescription filled.
Good call. I'm actually on Clomid for my TRT at the moment. Have to run now but can get into greater detail later if you want