injection site bleeding

livestrong82

Awards
Today I pinned my quad (kinda odd because I was commenting on quad injections days ago lol) well I pinned and when I pulled out the needle a good amount of blood came out and as I applied pressure to stop the blood more blood was coming out. Finally stopping. Well my question is, did I waste the aas oils when all the blood shot out? Or is it still absored?? I dont want to underdose a week of my cycle so im wondering if pinning at another site to recomp is reccommend.. never had this issue. Mean while ill pin else where to allow possible healing

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
From what I have gathered, as soon as that oil is in your muscle, there is a very small chance that it will be able to make its way out the same way it entered. If it does, it is so small you wouldn't tell the difference. Don't worry too much about it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Usually when you get blood it's because you passed through a vessel. The actual oil was most likely in deeper then that so it really shouldn't be much of an issue. Plus, you can see the difference when you get oil coming out mixed with the blood as they really don't mix. Think oil in water looking.

livestrong82

Awards
Ok, and yea I agree with both of you because I didnt see no oil come out just alot of blood.. just wasnt too sure due to the amount of blood. Thanks

Bengal

Bengal

Awards
Usually when you get blood it's because you passed through a vessel. The actual oil was most likely in deeper then that so it really shouldn't be much of an issue. Plus, you can see the difference when you get oil coming out mixed with the blood as they really don't mix. Think oil in water looking.
This , and sometimes a small amount of oil will also follow the pin "trail"

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
did you use the z-track method? Also when you looked at the blood if it was reflective / shiny oil did come out, if not then you didn't. Not to mention that you probably went through a vein then on the way out blood escaped

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
did you use the z-track method? Also when you looked at the blood if it was reflective / shiny oil did come out, if not then you didn't. Not to mention that you probably went through a vein then on the way out blood escaped
2 things:

1. Z-track is nice but not always preferred. It is medically used more often for gluteal injections. The reason is that if, say, OP had z-tracked this injection, rather than having a spout of blood, he'd have a painful subdermal hematoma that would take weeks to resolve.

2. Oil wouldn't make blood shiny. The two are immiscible so one would clearly see oil droplets (clear) covered in a thin film of blood. Looks similar to this:

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I used to get this quite a lot with quads.. One thing I learnt is to always have tissue near you :)

I also decided to stop pinning quads unless I have to.. Now it's delts and glutes for me.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
2 things:

1. Z-track is nice but not always preferred. It is medically used more often for gluteal injections. The reason is that if, say, OP had z-tracked this injection, rather than having a spout of blood, he'd have a painful subdermal hematoma that would take weeks to resolve.

2. Oil wouldn't make blood shiny. The two are immiscible so one would clearly see oil droplets (clear) covered in a thin film of blood. Looks similar to this:

I thought oil reflected light (did not mean make the actual blood reflective) Still learning on it though