Criticism of cycles that don't include testosterone.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Been reading on some other forums very heavy criticism of cycles that don't include testosterone, for example anavar-only. So much criticism, and yet this really is no different than cycling a PH/DS without test, and that's done all the time. The question is if this criticism is merited?

The theory is natural test levels "shut down" when a steroid is taken, and that without test in the blood, side effects can be worse and health could be compromised. This may actually be true if T levels really do "dwindle to nothing" after 8 weeks of exogenous hormone use. Is that the typical case? Can anyone attest to this, or is it just not true?

They also make it seem like PCT and recovery will be so much worse if you didn't run test, when in reality including test in a cycle "shuts you down" just as bad, if not even more.

Any thoughts on this?

D

DarthGainer

Awards
A big one for me would be keeping the libido in check, Running some PH/Steroids with out a test base can destroy your libido. Test is also good for the mood side of things, again another thing PH/Steroids can **** with. Look up tren examples.

TBH mate do some searching there is allot of reasons to run test. I was going to run orals without it and after allot of searching decided only with test.

Test is the king = Gains, Mood, Libido, low sides

If your set on running something non injectable I would give Trest a go.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes the criticism is warranted. You should always run a "test base". People normally run PH/DS with a test base also. "Making it seem like PCT and recovery will be much worse."- What does this mean?. You shouldn't draw any conclusions based on your perception of things. Shutdown is shutdown. Like a light switch it's either on on or off.

I don't run a lot of cycles though, so you might want to get some more opinions and I'm sure you will.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I've done a test cycle. If I can get legit test I will by all means run it. However I've also done PH/DS only and they were still very successful cycles.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Most posters who critique non-T cycles, will also recommend it for PH cycles as well... The thing is(or was) most guys running PH/DS didn't want to go the illegal route(which is why they are/were using LEGAL PH's), thus most of them wouldn't use Test. The argument changes when you're going to go the illegal route(var only); why wouldn't you include the test?

As far as shut down and recovery go, I suppose that can be discussed, but at the end of the day any cycle makes more sense with test in it. It also reaches much further than that... The thing about most oral cycles is guys are running them 4-8 weeks, they then take the following 4-8 weeks to recover themselves (PCT), just to suppress themselves again by going on another short oral cycle ----- This is why blasting/cruising/TRT is the popular thing to do (and most logical IMO)

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
This is why blasting/cruising/TRT is the popular thing to do (and most logical IMO)
Still a huge commitment. And if you self-administer you could be screwed at any time. I like experimenting with cycles but still not sure I want to be in this game forever.

I would probably do it though if a doctor was willing to put me on 100 or 200mg/week. Then I would just blast whatever.

Will Obamacare cover it?