Cut or recomp? Best way to get back in shape?

Revival

Revival

Awards
Hey AM,

Been awhile but I'm glad to see some familular faces still killing it. Anyways I won't get into all the details ATM since I'm on my phone but I was trying to decide if i should cut or recomp or something else.

I have not worked out seriously in years but have tried to get back on the train only to stop due to a lack of focus but now I am determined to get back into my old shape. I'm taking what's probably not the ideally solution by deciding to do my first "real" cycle.

Ultimate I want to lose weight more so then anything as buying 36 pants and bidding a lot of 34s is embarrassing for a someone who grew up a sick figure. So how you guys recommend I go about getting back into shape? I was debating between a full cut with maintenance on some workout days or a less aggressive recomp.

Cycle will be trest ace at 50-80 mg eod but I also have enough SD to kill a cow so could always their that in. I was thinking of trest for 10 weeks which is what I bought for. Any input would be appreciated. I'm 220 more and could stand to get down 190 which isn't even possible on a full cut unless I get extreme which I wanna avoid. Any ideas on what's ideally in my situation and is it possible to gain back mass the second time while in a defecit with gear and SD?

Thanks
Revival

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome back!

Personally at 30lbs to go I would cut first then transition into a recomp. Maybe try to lose 20lbs, get down
to 200 and then go into recomp mode. I think a recomp would be much harder when its 30lbs to lose vs 10.

I went from 194 with 35" waist to 164 with 32" waist in a 16 week cut running just test @ 350mg per week.

Not Ive been working on recomping and I am now 171 with a 31" waist. Much easier to recomp when your
closer to your goal.

I think if you recomp at 220, you will still have to cut at some point to shed the excess fat, unless you just
plan on recouping for a very long time.

Im sure others will chime in with their views :)

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would definitely cut before even using any hormones. Save them for when they'll really be optimized, with lower BF%. You sound like you know your way around the drill, so you know that a recomp is a much slower process. I would aggressively cut for 6-8 weeks, see where you are at that point in your BF goal, and then run a cycle with a little more calories. Especially SD, gonna make you hungry!!!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
alao, if you want a diet that works for some serious fat shedding quickly.. check out Dave Polumbo's Cutting Diet.
Just google it and you will find countless threads about it. He uses this diet for people cutting up before contest.

I lost like 12lbs in the 1st month, lost another 8 or 10 the 2nd mont and I rode it out for another 8 weeks (30lbs lost total).

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
alao, if you want a diet that works for some serious fat shedding quickly.. check out Dave Polumbo's Cutting Diet.
Just google it and you will find countless threads about it. He uses this diet for people cutting up before contest.

I lost like 12lbs in the 1st month, lost another 8 or 10 the 2nd mont and I rode it out for another 8 weeks (30lbs lost total).
Nice!!

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
For sure cut before, not for too long max 8 weeks just get BF down a tad then during recomp while adding kcals have a epic cycle and you will love it! if you have any other questions we are all here to help!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd definitely recommend cutting up alittle as well before. Maybe supplement in a good fat burner and eat clean and then after you have your BF where you want it then start. Here's some fat burners at Strong Supplement Shop if you want to check them out.
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/top-10-fat-burners