How to heal a herina disc?

njbreed5

Awards
I have a herina disc in L5 S1. Is there any compound that will help/heal this painful issue?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You mean herniated disc.

Iirc herniated discs have a chance to heal within the first few months. Otherwise you should look to physical therapy, and if all else fails... surgery. Outside of HGH there's nothing really that would benefit much.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Truthfully i dont know any supplement that would help with that. Thats more of a doctor question i would think. But definitley dont push it and make it worse. I've heard bad stories about hernia discs

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Yep it's just one of those injuries. My dad has had a few and slipped disks so he quit all power lifting and dead lifts a few years ago.

Leftyz

Awards
I had one last year in my c6.
Neurologist had me take ibuprofen, 600mg 3x a day for like 6 weeks. This got rid of the inflammation and it healed itself overtime.
Took about 2 weeks before I noticed improvement and it was gradual but I'm back to almost 100% now and now surgery needed. I was lucky.

Kodaraw

Awards
I had a herniated l4-l5-s1. I had surgery. I would recommend looking into other options before you go that route. Steroid injections (no, not that kind) may help. A buddy of mine swore that super high doses of fish oil (20g+) a day for a couple months relieved his pain. Physical therapy is another option. Don't push yourself. If it hurts, STAHP.