injection site

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
so Sunday I injected into my quad for the first time.a Few hours later it really hurt,theb monday started out fine,but at the end of the day I couldn't walk due to pain.Yestarday the it hurt just as bad,but started getting red,but not fiery red just a little red,but right from the point of entry not over where the needle is.Today the pain is almost gone,it is still this blush red right of the point of entry,there is no lump under the red.I injected 1cc of Test Cyp.Is this infection or a pissed off muscle?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to injecting. Nothing to worry about, this is something you should have expected. Injection sites can sometimes get a little red or flushed, doesn't automatically mean infection. Make sure you sterilize both the vial and the site, every time. Also, injecting the muscle group you're going to lift that day can help with soreness. If other muscle groups have the same immobilization, get a heating pad and place it on the muscle group post pin.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to injecting. Nothing to worry about, this is something you should have expected. Injection sites can sometimes get a little red or flushed, doesn't automatically mean infection. Make sure you sterilize both the vial and the site, every time. Also, injecting the muscle group you're going to lift that day can help with soreness. If other muscle groups have the same immobilization, get a heating pad and place it on the muscle group post pin.
See,I wasn't panicked,because everything is 100% sterile and infection wouldn't really show on day 2 (would it).I like injecting :).Thank you for input,greatly appreciated

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Aaaand,it's all good

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
After the hole closes up, massage the area to help it initially spread around a little bit.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established

ladykilla907

Awards
You can also try putting your vial in a plastic bag then putting the bag in hot water.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can also try putting your vial in a plastic bag then putting the bag in hot water.
You know what's 10 times easier? Holding the syringe in a fist and it will warm to body temperature ;)

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Few things I do.

1. Make sure the oils is warm, room temperature.

2. Stretch the skin on the site area with my fingers

3. Don't inject when you muscle is 'flexed'

4. Inject slowly.. Very important, takes me 1min per ml

5. Wait a few seconds after oils is in your muscle then pull needle out, that way it reduces oil aiming back up the tract you created with the needle.

6. Massage on a foam roller or with your hand, great in a bath/shower also.

That should help you out. Also I'm not a fan of quads anymore, I prefer delts and glutes.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Is Test in any way liver damaging/toxic?

ladykilla907

Awards
You know what's 10 times easier? Holding the syringe in a fist and it will warm to body temperature ;)
my crushing forearm strength will bust the vial

inb4 how many times a day do you fap

+1 on not pinning quads

protrester

Awards
i started setting the vial on the satellite box for a few minutes. heats up nicely.
stick with glutes. quads hurt too bad for some people.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I'd still rather take the pain every time over using orals

thehogsters

thehogsters

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did quad one time and the blood was shooting out like a fire hose. Never again.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I did quad one time and the blood was shooting out like a fire hose. Never again.
Yeah, had that before too. Legs are a nightmare because there is so many veins it's like a roadmap under the skin.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never had a problem with quads outside of hitting 1 nerve. Rarely ever have blood.

You guys are doing it wrong :p

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Quads can be a BITCH! Sometimes the shot is not a good one and you feel like a horse kicked you for few days...

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Never had a problem with quads outside of hitting 1 nerve. Rarely ever have blood. You guys are doing it wrong :p
That's crazy, I've heard so many people have problems with quads... 80% of the time I have no issues, the worst I've had was when oil didn't disperse, couldn't walk for 2 days and it was excruciating pain.

But generally I'm okay, I just prefer delts now :)

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
People hit quads to high and to much centered my wife is a licensed nurse she works in a clinic giving all types of shot all day quads injects are meant to go lower outer quad

DarthGainer

Awards
First few times I injected my Quads I was walking like I had been passed around in prison. Had to tell people I had pulled a muscle lol.

Now I have no problem but I still get nervous and I inject Prop ED.

thehogsters

thehogsters

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's easy in da butt with no blood and no pain. Hell even 20ga is barley felt in da butt. I did a 20ga in the shoulder and felt like I had been shot.

DarthGainer

Awards
Hogster what length is used for the butt? I have a proper squat booty lol.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
1 1/4 - 1.5 inch for glute

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
First few times I injected my Quads I was walking like I had been passed around in prison. Had to tell people I had pulled a muscle lol. Now I have no problem but I still get nervous and I inject Prop ED.
That was me today! Glad no one asked what happened..

protrester

Awards
Few things I do.

1. Make sure the oils is warm, room temperature.

2. Stretch the skin on the site area with my fingers

3. Don't inject when you muscle is 'flexed'

4. Inject slowly.. Very important, takes me 1min per ml

5. Wait a few seconds after oils is in your muscle then pull needle out, that way it reduces oil aiming back up the tract you created with the needle.

6. Massage on a foam roller or with your hand, great in a bath/shower also.

That should help you out. Also I'm not a fan of quads anymore, I prefer delts and glutes.
good advice @ grinnell27 and dont forget to sanitize the vial and the inj site with rubbing alcohol EVERY time.

livestrong82

Awards
I always rotate on quads and glutes. I had an issue before with pain but it was the gear. Threw it away and since never had issues. Inject slow and clam into quads, there has been times where while im pinning in slow I will feel sharp pain so I just slide out and try another spot on the quad and no problem. Ive done a full 3.25 ml in the quad no prob.. now my glutes I only go as far as 2ml tops. I use a 22g 1inch long to pin no prob. Also the massaging after does help the oil distribute

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
First few times I injected my Quads I was walking like I had been passed around in prison. Had to tell people I had pulled a muscle lol.

Now I have no problem but I still get nervous and I inject Prop ED.
Iv have to say I twisted my knew... a few times... some people think I have a lingering knee issue now LMFAO