Humulin R in mail?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I understand insulin has issues with heat, so is buying it online and getting shipped to you a horrible idea? As it would crystallize and lose potency? And another thing I have heard insulin is only good for 30 days after opening the bottle, so if you cycle it you will have to throw a good amount of it away if you don't use it all in a month?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I understand insulin has issues with heat, so is buying it online and getting shipped to you a horrible idea? As it would crystallize and lose potency? And another thing I have heard insulin is only good for 30 days after opening the bottle, so if you cycle it you will have to throw a good amount of it away if you don't use it all in a month?
why buy it online if it's legal at your pharmacy?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
why buy it online if it's legal at your pharmacy?
The cheapest around here 90 USD, where online it can 40-45USD.
And, if it expires after 30 days of being opened I will waste like half of the bottle..

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Got Ya. Refrigerated they should last longer than 30 days but it might lose potency.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Got Ya. Refrigerated they should last longer than 30 days but it might lose potency.
Yeah I just didn't want to waste 90usd on something id have to throw more than half the bottle out hah..

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Walmart has it for $35

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Walmart has it for $35
Does it? I will call them up and see. Still don't plan on taking insulin, but reading up on it goes only so far until you have some questions.. I called Walgreens and they had it for 100 and Sams has it for 90.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Insulin doesn't require a prescription?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Insulin doesn't require a prescription?
Humulin R doesnt. But the others do I believe. Some dangerous stuff for sure, so staying away for at least a year while I research and get heavier on my own.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Humulin R doesnt. But the others do I believe. Some dangerous stuff for sure, so staying away for at least a year while I research and get heavier on my own.
I've never had the intention of using Insulin so I don't know the different types, but I had no idea you can buy any of it legally.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I've never had the intention of using Insulin so I don't know the different types, but I had no idea you can buy any of it legally.
Yeah each has a different active, peak, etc time. Most BB use Humalog, as it is in you for a shorter amount of time, so less chance of going hypo if the time frame is smaller.

ajbogs

ajbogs

Awards
I'm a type 1 diabetic, so I have some 13 years experience with insulin, got any questions I could possibly help