Workout routine while on Test E

jwstoick

Awards
I posted this in the training forum as well however figured it would get answered a lot faster here and the people answering here have cycled and know what the body can handle while on gear.

Ok so I know if it's not broke don't fix it. However I'm currently 3 weeks into my first test e cycle and have been doin Layne Nortons PHAT program for about 6 months. Strength has increased and size a bit too and I like the volume and frequency. I was thinking about switching it up however and going with a Push/Pull/Leg/Arm 4 day split with a day off and then repeat. That way I'll be hitting all Muskie groups more often and really benefit from the test cycle. Here is what I was thinking

Push A
Incline Bench 5x5
Incline DB 3x8-12
Chest Press 3x10-15
Cable Cross 4x10-15
Seated DB Military press 4x5-8
DB Side lateral 4x8-12
Cable side Raise 3x10-15

Push B
OHP 5x5
Flat Bench 3x8-12
Incline DB 3x10-15
Standing Barbell Chest Press 3x10-15
Side Lat Raise 4x12-20
Shrugs 4x10-20

Pull A
Barbell Row 5x5
Lat Pull 4x8-12
Single arm row 3x8-12
Wide Seated Row 4x10-15
Back Extentions 4x12-15
Rear Delt 4x8-12

Pull B
Pull ups 5x5
Pendlay Row 4x8-12
T Bar 3x10-15
Cable back pull down 3x12-15
Face Pull 4x10-15
Back extension 3x failure body weight

Legs A
Squat 5x5
Leg press 4x8-12
Leg ext 4x10-15
Stiff leg dead 4x5-8
Seated Leg curl 3x8-12
Lunges 4x10-15
Inner thigh machine

Leg B
Front squat 5x5
Leg press 4x10-15
Leg ext 3x12-20
DB stiff leg dead 3x12-15
Seated leg curl 3x12-15
Body weight lunges 3xfailure
Hip machine 3x15

Arms A
Barbell bicep curl 3x8-12
Preacher curl 3x10-15
Hammer curl 3x10-25
Skull Crusher 4x8-12
Push down 4x8-12
Cable overhead 3x10-15
Body weight dips 3x failure

Arms B
DB bicep curl 3x8-12
Hammer 3x10-15
Single cable curl 3x10-15
French press 4x8-12
Rope push down 4x10-15
Cable kickback 3x15
Another Triceps of 3x12-15?

I will do cardio/abs/calves on off days or mixed whenever I can fit then. Also trying to bring my triceps chest and back up. I appreciate all feedback even if negative, just looking for some advice. Thanks!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are experiencing faster recovery from the exogenous testosterone, you could simply just add more volume to your current split.

jwstoick

Awards
With the Push Pull Leg Arms routine however i'll be able to focus more on a specific group of muscles on the push and pull days and put more energy into arms as well. and rather than having a strength day and a hypertrophy day with PHAT I get strength and hypertrophy both days. In my mind and I'm not sure its correct but wouldn't that lead to better strength gains then?

jwstoick

Awards
Also just in case I do switch does that setup look ok? Is there anything you would tweak in the split at all? I am leaning toward switching to the Push/Pull/Leg/Arms split just because I love lifting and want to try something new also.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any new stimulus, given proper nutriton, will yield gains. So if you're adding in new exercises and new strength and rep ranges, and hopefully more overall volume... your new program will work.

jwstoick

Awards
Anything you would change? Think my medial and rear delts will be getting enough work? I'm front delt heavy so don't need anymore front work

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I didn't even look at what you listed. Ideally your split is tailored to YOU. You emphasize weak points, and build them up through proper routine planning. There are plenty of things i rarely do, and still have great strength/definition while others need to put more work in. Then, there are things i have to do a ton of sets for that some people can get away with much less work. So, in essence, the routine is good if it works for you.

Take a look at PHAT, which you've run, it's still basically a general outline of what to do. It's up to you to fill it in and make it work for you. I ran PHAT for over a year and loved it. Switched some exercises around but kept the principle intact.