Saliva testosterone test. (Only option, worth taking???)

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I noticed you can buy at-home saliva test kits on the internet for like $40. You just send the sample in the mail and get your results in a couple weeks.

However, this test only measures free testosterone levels, and not total testosterone.

Is it worth taking this kind of test? I know it's probably not the most accurate (compared to a blood test), but will free test levels alone be enough to get a ballpark idea of where my T levels are? Or will it at least detect if there's major problems?

And just to be clear, I live in NY state and CANNOT purchase a blood test kit, nor can I use any private lab without being under a physicians care, due to state medical billing laws.

Any information greatly appreciated.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Better than nothing and at $40 it sounds cheap enough.

Why are you testing? For general curiosity I'd take it. For recovery purposes then it's not just about total/free test, you ideally want to check lh/fsh to knw if you've restored your hpta. Unfortunately, I can tell you dnt know your baseline so these test will help you get an idea that you're somewhat normal or abnormal only. You can't tell if you're fully recovered from one test alone. It's a step but not the complete test. Hope that helps a bit.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Yes I know this test won't tell the full story in terms of recovery, but like you said I hope it's enough to at least bring to light any red flags.

I guess I'm an idiot for using AAS without health insurance. I'm 30 and just trying to save some money. Hope to have the insurance by 35 so I can just get proper blood tests performed. I'm not sure how to get blood tests (or how much they cost) in NY state without insurance.

Also I've been debating the idea of blast/cruise, but told myself I will not do it if I can maintain normal T levels off cycle. I am hoping this test will at least tell me that much.

wormwood

Awards
I found a urology clinic in arkansas - they are called epoch men's health clinic - basically a TRT clinic. I have very comprehensive insurance but i think they are still willing to take people without insurance and they don't charge for your first blood test - they looked at my total, free test levels and estradiol, prolactin, lh, and fsh.

I'm really glad I found them - it gave me a clear picture of where I was at and now I can try to work everything out and hopefully restore my HPTA

maybe you can find a clinic like that up in NY. surely there's got to be one. maybe call around and ask what their procedures are. They seem to be more welcoming than a normal doctors office for people in situations like this. good luck man