Low dose ostarine for extended periods of time?

Jaemes

Awards
Hi everyone,

Last year, after having been training for 10+ years, I have taken my very first steps into "the dark side" and did an 8-week Ostarine cycle @ 15mg ed. The reason was that I felt I had reached a plateau that I could not break natturally. The last year I hadn't made any measurable gains at all, while my training and nutrition are up to scratch, but after years of consistent training and eating you are bound to hit a wall sooner or later. So I decided to tentatively get my feet wet... I must say I really enjoyed this run: I gained 1.5kg of weight, which may not seem like much, but I also lost approximately 1.5% of fat (went from 10-11 to 8-9). I also made some slight strenghth gains during the cycle. The result was a decidedly fuller, drier and harder physique. Even better, I did not notice ANY side effects from the Ostarine, not during nor after the run. I did not run a SERM for pct, after litterally days of research on the internet I decided it would probably be overkill. I do have my source should I have needed a SERM, so all bases where covered. I did an OTC PCT for 4 weeks with Arimistane, D-AA, a test booster and bulbine (of which I had a leftover and decided it wouldn't hurt). Though I did not get bloodwork, I feel recovery went absolutely fine. I'm not even sure there was much to recover from, as I had never felt any symptoms that could point to serious suppression. Mood stayed good, libido as good as ever, kept all strenght and weight gains. Long story short: it was an ideal cycle for my goals. (I am not trying to become a mass monster, I just don't have what it takes genetically. Small bones, you know. No problems getting lean, but building mass is difficult. FYI, I'm 74 kg @ 1m76. Before you all start laughing, I really have a ridiculously small bone structure :) Before I started training my weight was 56kg of skinny-fat bones :)
What I also like about Ostarine is it allows me to fly under the radar: you don't blow up then deflate shortly after like on some other anabolics, which would raise suspicion from wife and family.
Now, here's my question:
This year I would like to do 2 long (16 weeks) cycles of Osta, but at low dose (5mg ed). The theory behind it is that while the results wouldn't be spectacular, it would allow me to make slow steady gains, while minimizing the risk of suppression. I know Osta IS suppressive, but at these doses I shouldn't run into big problems. The reason for the longer duration is that on my previous cycle I was disappointed in Osta until about week 6, only then the visible changes started to occur, so I would like to try what happens if I double the cycle lenghth (but at lower dose, to not mess up my hpta).
My only worry is that this would mean that I am "on" for 32 weeks out of 52... Keeping in mind that clinical research shows that Osta at 3mg ed was moderately suppressive to total testosterone, but not to free testosterone or LH over 12 weeks, would you think that to be a problem?
Has anyone tried such a thing?

Thanks for your answers (and for reading the long post!)

justjake

Awards
not worth it man i wouldnt go past 10-11weeks at no more than 20mg

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Osta has been shown to be suppressive at just 5mg. You can run 15mg of osta for 10 weeks then pct with no problems, any longer is just going to cause more sides and harder recovery with no added benifits.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
I have experimented with several different ostarine cycles, it is one of my favorite compounds for certain goals, and I am also pretty fastidious about getting bloods. I have been on as long as 14 wks straight at 10-20mg, and you almost completely shut down both your total and free test, yet counter-intuitively my LH and FSH weren't significantly lowered. I recovered fine with a clomid pct (which also doesn't make sense to me because one of clomids main purposes as a SERM is to raise LH by blocking estrogen receptors in your HPTA, and my LH was fine so idk), but it really wasn't anymore effective than running an 8 wk or even a 6 wk cycle, for me at least. I would much rather run several short effectively dosed cycles than one or two needlessly long low dosed cycle(s) that are difficult to recover from.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Ostarine is suppressive even at low dosew but after running 20mg for 12 weeks I don't feel one shouldn't run it a bit longer. IBut I think 5 mg will do work but not enough to really notice. Overall you may end up with the better results with one higher dosed cycle or some shorter higher dosed cycles.
I definitely will run Osta again for at least 16 weeks but with a dosage above 20 mg and a test base.
If you decide to run the low dose I'm interested in feedback.

maresenx

Awards
I ran it 25mg @ 20 weeks.
Suppression was strong, but gains also.
Kept almost everything (strength and size) after 4 weeks with 20mg nolva.
No experience with phs/aas though.
I will repeat this cycle on april

Thefatbloke

Awards
  • Established
Ostarine is suppressive at 3mg.
If slow and steady gains is the target then try natural anabolics

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
I ran it 25mg @ 20 weeks.
Suppression was strong, but gains also.
Kept almost everything (strength and size) after 4 weeks with 20mg nolva.
No experience with phs/aas though.
I will repeat this cycle on april
Whoa, thats a long cycle! No test base?!

maresenx

Awards
Next time i will be definetly using a test base.
Weak boners, lethargy towards the End of cycle.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've ran O at 20mg for 16 weeks twice and had no more sides the last week as the 3-4th week without a test base. This year I've got EnduraShred by OL. I'm running at 20 for 20 weeks but I'm adding Alpha Stano to the mix.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
I've just completed a six week cycle at 25mg. I don't feel shutdown, suppressed, or any other sides. However I just got pre-PCT blood drawn to see exactly where my levels are at.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't think theres a need to run ostarine over 10mg personally. but I have access, and use injectable aas. and prefer low dosed osta in between cycles. (also not trying to make any "gains" in between, just feel good and maintain at an optimal level compared to just natty.)

I don't think there would be any issue with ostarine at 5-10mg for 12-20 weeks, as long as cycle support and pct is used/done properly.

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
I am on my 6 week of 25mg osta cycle, 2 more weeks to go. So far great gains and no side effects, however after reading what other members have to say here, I will be on
running a SERM to be on the safe side.