Deca/test and no gains

markmile

Awards
Running deca @400mg/wk and test @600mg/wk. noticed a little size amd strength difference but still stuck @ 205. Diet is in order4500-5500calories, 250-300g protein, 600g carbs. I still look defined too. My metabolism is crazy fast still at 32. Also have a lot of stomach problems so orals are out. Any suggestions?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Running deca @400mg/wk and test @600mg/wk. noticed a little size amd strength difference but still stuck @ 205. Diet is in order4500-5500calories, 250-300g protein, 600g carbs. I still look defined too. My metabolism is crazy fast still at 32. Also have a lot of stomach problems so orals are out. Any suggestions?
Eat more, like I mentioned in your other thread. If your not growing, your not eating enough.

I know someone in my gym who eats 7000cal a day and gains 1lb a week! Some people have crazy metabolism's.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Yes sir. Just keep eatting! A lot of times i have to make myself eat. It gets to be a chore. hah

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you have trouble forcing down more calories, eat more calorie dense foods. Peanut Butter, nuts, cheeses, milk by the gallon. Remember Michael Phelps consumes about 10,000 calories a day and he's lean as shyt. Obviously you're not an Olympic Swimmer, but you get the point.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Eat, eat, eat, train, eat, sleep, eat. Repeat. If possible eat during training iE protein, BCAA, etc.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1. You are overestimating your calories taken in.
2. You have bunk gear.

I've been doing this for years in a dietetic field, people say "omg my metabolism so fast i can't gain weight." My response ok let's track you calories for the day. Then we find out the subject isn't even hitting their maintenance level. Saying that you need some exorbitant amount of calories is ridiculous unless you are active all day and doing a physically demanding job. Or you're training for a marathon.

markmile

Awards
I work 10 hrs per day in manufacturing so I burn a lot too.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm, still... 5500 calories is A LOT. At 32, and working a demanding job, i still don't see how you're not gaining weight on that many calories. Are you completely sure you're getting that amount? How are you tracking calories?

markmile

Awards
Using calorie count rather than writing everything down. Also 2000 of those calories are completely ****ty and dirty too. Just trying to hit my goal of 220, but no matter what I won't go past the 205 mark and I don't get fat either

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Using calorie count rather than writing everything down. Also 2000 of those calories are completely ****ty and dirty too. Just trying to hit my goal of 220, but no matter what I won't go past the 205 mark and I don't get fat either
The quality of the calories really has no bearing if it's simply being used for energy purposes. If you're taking in enough protein, that's basically all that matters as far as the individual macro nutrients go. You're on gear, so fat content is irrelevant. Carbs are a personal choice as they are non essential. From a purely weight management standpoint, you need calories. But the body doesn't count whole and minimally processed foods as better or more calories than candy or fast food. At a certain point, a calorie = a calorie.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
The quality of the calories really has no bearing if it's simply being used for energy purposes. If you're taking in enough protein, that's basically all that matters as far as the individual macro nutrients go. You're on gear, so fat content is irrelevant. Carbs are a personal choice as they are non essential. From a purely weight management standpoint, you need calories. But the body doesn't count whole and minimally processed foods as better or more calories than candy or fast food. At a certain point, a calorie = a calorie.
If fat is irrelephant on gear would reccomend low fat diets on cycle vs Keto for cutting? Or does it not make that much of a difference?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If fat is irrelephant on gear would reccomend low fat diets on cycle vs Keto for cutting? Or does it not make that much of a difference?
Fat is essential for hormone function, among other things. Given exogenous hormones, we severely decrease the need for dietary fat intake. In the end, use the diet that works best for you. But it makes cutting that much easier when you have the option of cutting out a ton of calories via fat, and you don't suffer the consequences (for now).

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can tell you something. Even i never have used AAS i can tell you 600mg T And 400mg Deca would give you size gains even your diet was pretty bad.

I bet the problem is:
Fake steroids

Ofcourse diet is the most important part but if you are eating 4000kcal last 7 months and you weight the same. After adding 600mg T And 400mg Deca ypur weight SHOULD go up,size and strenght too. If not, then your T and deca is pretty fake

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2. You have bunk gear.

I've been doing this for years in a dietetic field, people say "omg my metabolism so fast i can't gain weight." My response ok let's track you calories for the day. Then we find out the subject isn't even hitting their maintenance level. Saying that you need some exorbitant amount of calories is ridiculous unless you are active all day and doing a physically demanding job. Or you're training for a marathon.
THIS. My buddy swears he eats 4000 calories a day and can't gain weight. However, he is only 150 lbs, so 4,000 calories should have him gaining. I bulk on 3500 so when he told me what he ate, what he was telling me didn't add up. Not quite sure why it's so hard to count food correctly.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
THIS. My buddy swears he eats 4000 calories a day and can't gain weight. However, he is only 150 lbs, so 4,000 calories should have him gaining. I bulk on 3500 so when he told me what he ate, what he was telling me didn't add up. Not quite sure why it's so hard to count food correctly.
Well i had some of my friends swearing they was eating and eating without gaining weight. 4000+kcal. When i tracked the calories, it ended on 2400-2600. Its vig difference from 2400-2600 to 4000+ kcals

OP,
If your diet is 4500-5500kcal and you are taking quality deca (400mg weekly) and quality T (600mg weekly) you really should add pretty good strength and size!

If not then you are eating faaaaar from 4500kcal or your gear = fake. Or it could be the combination.

No one can say 4500-5500kcal with 400mg deca and 600mg T is not enough to make good gains..

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can eat 4000 calories on accident. Always shocks me when someone says they can't eat enough, or that they counted their calories and it was only 2400 or so. I would have to literally have to be on hardcore appetite suppressants to get by on 2400 cals. That's nothing.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can eat 4000 calories on accident. Always shocks me when someone says they can't eat enough, or that they counted their calories and it was only 2400 or so. I would have to literally have to be on hardcore appetite suppressants to get by on 2400 cals. That's nothing.
A great argument for the fact that people are different. I used to be 150lbs and had no clue how to gain weight, or i thought that i was actually eating in a surplus. I wasn't.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A great argument for the fact that people are different. I used to be 150lbs and had no clue how to gain weight, or i thought that i was actually eating in a surplus. I wasn't.
Agreed. Wish I were the opposite. I would be ripped without effort!!

ironpendog

ironpendog

Awards
4000 calories .....
Sorry bro but your gear is bunk.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
2. You have bunk gear.

I kid you not I need 5,000 calories to get to and maintain 175lbs.

Everyone says there's no way; that I'm not eating as much as I think. But I know how to count calories and yes it's that much.

If I just eat when I'm hungry, I'd be 130lbs. And I was for a good portion of my life.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
900g from protein and carbs is 3600 calories. Unless you are eating 1900 calories (210g) of fat you're not eating 5500 calories.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Everyone says there's no way; that I'm not eating as much as I think. But I know how to count calories and yes it's that much.

If I just eat when I'm hungry, I'd be 130lbs. And I was for a good portion of my life.
Can we trade metabolisms?

JPSwole

JPSwole

Awards
bunk gear for sure I would've put on 20lbs by now even if mostly glycogen lol

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Of course there's always going to be outliers. I feel for ya.

markmile

Awards
Gears legit. I started at 170lbs 1.5 years ago and this is my 4th cycle. I just burn everything I eat. I've always been lean, skinny and not the strongest in the past. I can eat fast food & Ben and Jerrys right b4 bed and still have a perfect flat stomach. Last cycle was tren350-450 & and test5-600. With 6-8 meals per day easily exceeding 5000 calories I would not go above 206lbs. I don't think you guys have had any friends with a crazy metabolism.

markmile

Awards
I also work 10hrs a day and hitting the gym 6 days a week probably burns off what I need to gain.

markmile

Awards
We're you there when I ate those calories? Pretty sure I know how to count. I watched me some ****ing Sesame Street back in the day dumbass.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then ask big bird and Ernie for advice. Everyone here has been trying to help you out. I started at 105 lbs. And have a stupid fast metabolism also. Somehow I manage to gain weight, slowly but steadily. Reevaluate your situation bro

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Then ask big bird and Ernie for advice. Everyone here has been trying to help you out. I started at 105 lbs. And have a stupid fast metabolism also. Somehow I manage to gain weight, slowly but steadily. Reevaluate your situation bro
This. People can't take advice if it's not what they want to hear, it's pretty simple man... If your consuming '5000' calories then eat more. It's Not hard.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This. People can't take advice if it's not what they want to hear, it's pretty simple man... If your consuming '5000' calories then eat more. It's Not hard.
I bet he is NOT eating 5500kcal !
Lets be pretty realistic here guys.
Even those "hardgainers" would gain with 5500kcal + 600mg T And 400mg Deca .

I mean there are toooo many here who cant track the calories at aaaaaall.
They think and believe they are getting 3000-6000kcal but actually they are getting faaaaar from those numbers.

Its so funny because almost all bodybuilders i know here in norway are eating between 3000-6000kcal.
You need to eat like a horse if you want to get 5000-6000 from a clean diet.

Even 3000kcal with clean diet is pretty much!

I am not saying there is no people who need more calories to gain. But like grinnell27 said. EAT MORE! SIMPLE AS THAT

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I bet he is NOT eating 5500kcal ! Lets be pretty realistic here guys. Even those "hardgainers" would gain with 5500kcal + 600mg T And 400mg Deca . I mean there are toooo many here who cant track the calories at aaaaaall. They think and believe they are getting 3000-6000kcal but actually they are getting faaaaar from those numbers. Its so funny because almost all bodybuilders i know here in norway are eating between 3000-6000kcal. You need to eat like a horse if you want to get 5000-6000 from a clean diet. Even 3000kcal with clean diet is pretty much! I am not saying there is no people who need more calories to gain. But like grinnell27 said. EAT MORE! SIMPLE AS THAT
Exactly my point. I think we are all aware that he isn't hitting those numbers and if.... If he actually is, then just eat more.

5000-6000 is insane from clean foods. I even struggle to hit 3000 doing that.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly my point. I think we are all aware that he isn't hitting those numbers and if.... If he actually is, then just eat more.

5000-6000 is insane from clean foods. I even struggle to hit 3000 doing that.
Believe me..
I was like skeletor until the age of 16. Seriously. Like skeletor..
Now i am 230lbs (naturally). Ofcourse i am not lean but not like pig either.
My point is. I am eating about 3000 kcal daily (maintaining). My diet is far from clean .dont need to force down 5000-6000 kcal to gain weight even I was one of those "gardgainers" before.

Like i said. Many people believe they know how many calories they are eating.but believe me they dont.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Every time you eat today write it down on a piece of paper and post it at the end of the day.

markmile

Awards
I appreciate actually help yes, but mostly seems to be skepticism and haters that keep calling me bro. I think they need to go get a couple more flat billed hats. I'll post my calories later today.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate actually help yes, but mostly seems to be skepticism and haters that keep calling me bro. I think they need to go get a couple more flat billed hats. I'll post my calories later today.
No :) this is no hate at all and its not personal attack either.
Believe me when I say tooooo many people say they eat 5000kcal and claiming they dont gain weight. But actually they eat max 3000kcal.
No hard feelings and dont think we are attacking you :)

markmile

Awards
I'm 32 and started 16 years ago. Just started using gear a cpl of years ago. I logged my calories for weeks just to get an idea less than a month ago. Screen shots are too big to upload but the lowest amount i took in for one day was 3900. Ppl look at me funny when they see all of the **** I pull out of my lunchbox everyday. Also the average was 4800 per day for a week. The most in a day was around 5800 but I felt almost sick trying to stuff my face.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What i was getting at was to see what your totals came out to so i knew where to start with coming up with a solution. If you eat that much and dont gain you obviously have a wicked fast metabolism, or a tapeworm lol. But one way or another theres gotta be a solution. Try adding a massive cheat day once a week.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Calorie dense foods where it doesn't seem like you're forcing to stretch your stomach. Cheesy, peanut buttery, rich, creamy, starchiness!!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All it takes is 4 big spoon-fulls of PB to add like 500 cals.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How bout adding a cup of heavy cream to your shakes, its like 50 cal per teaspoon

markmile

Awards
It's easy for me. If I dont stuff at least 4000 daily I lose weight like crazy. Normal weight is 170-175 @ 205 now and struggle to maintain. Did I mention b4 I work in manufacturing 50-60 hrs per week, so 5000 plus calories a day while working a demanding job is easy to do. Maybe just I'm just not meant to be "big". Unless I find a sugar momma and can quit my job.

markmile

Awards
If you eat that much and dont gain you obviously have a wicked fast metabolism, or a tapeworm lol. But one way or another theres gotta be a solution. Try adding a massive cheat day once a week.
I cheat daily because I don't get fat either, so I figure why eat clean every meAl.

markmile

Awards
Already asked my girl about the sugar momma idea. She wasn't a fan.

Loneyboy

Banned
Awards
Food log? OP?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All it takes is 4 big spoon-fulls of PB to add like 500 cals.
I eat 4 Oz of pb every day with a half gallon of milk, that's my after lunch snack. Still gaining in 3rd week of pct, amazing