Steroid use and hair loss.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
There is good reason to believe highly androgenic compounds (testosterone, masteron, tren, etc) can accelerate androgenic alopecia in men genetically predisposed.

In men that are not, can these compounds still compromise the health and integrity of the hair?

Has anyone noticed a weakening of the hairline even in the absence of genetic inclination to baldness???

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
lol.. I have a bit of a receding hairline going and its thinning on the top. Ive been thinking about taking something while hitting this upcoming epi/tren cycle I got but not sure if I need to for a 6 week. My understanding is afterwords it should rebound if the hair follicle isn't dead.

heard nioxin is good but only in passing a few posts, didn't really research it yet

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
There is good reason to believe highly androgenic compounds (testosterone, masteron, tren, etc) can accelerate androgenic alopecia in men genetically predisposed.

In men that are not, can these compounds still compromise the health and integrity of the hair?

Has anyone noticed a weakening of the hairline even in the absence of genetic inclination to baldness???
It's been linked to DHEA yah...

Universal23

Universal23

Awards
R1187....Yes aas hormones can and do accelerate MPB...especially in predisposed men with the expressed genes that make them more vulnerable. I myself am prone to MBP so yes I noticed a thinning hairline even on my first couple cycles but thankfully I never went too high on dosages of test and I've been on finasteride (5-alphareductase enzyme inhibitor) for the past year which is a drug that prevents the conversion of testosterone to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) via the reductase enzyme. DHT is what is toxic to the hair follicles causing permanent hair loss.

SO!...if you're seriously worried about hairloss get your ass some finasteride asap its VERY effective at preventing hairloss on gear, also stacked with minoxidil (rogaine) and ketoconazole 1%(nizoral) shampoo my hair is actually thicker and fuller now than it ever was before gear...

Another compound thats even more effective for hair loss is dutasteride, a dual 5-alphareductase inhibitor that inhibits alpha 1 and alpha 2 enzymes for even more anti-DHT conversion...fina is effective but this is the most effective if you're very prone. I will be switching to this when I decide to take higher dosages of test or androgenic gear.

and yes..ppl not prone to MPB still experience hairloss and thinning overtime...it takes longer but the DHT buildup WILL get everyone given time.