DISCUSSION: Why do you PHs/AAS? Why Do YOU Workout?

bennoes

bennoes

Awards
Wanted to see why you guys have decided to take prohormones or AAS.
For me personally and being honest, i feel it gives me the proper chance to sculpt my body is the most efficient way possible and maximize my potential for making muscular and strength gains to the best of my ability. It gives me the potential to gain muscle that my poor genetics couldn't offer me.

People talk about how you shouldn't lift just to look good or just to get the girls, but what if you do? Personally i also work out so i can be proud of my body and feel more confident with myself, is it bad i lift for this reason? Of course this lifestyle requires dedication, discipline and build character but what if you workout to be more confident aswell? So why do you workout?

Let me know your thoughts and motivations fellow lifters

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I was 21 I was 105 pounds. I got in some trouble and had to do 5 years in prison. I don't think I would have made it without the weights on the yard, they where my saving grace. I continue to lift because I feel it makes me a better person physically and mentally

bennoes

bennoes

Awards
When I was 21 I was 105 pounds. I got in some trouble and had to do 5 years in prison. I don't think I would have made it without the weights on the yard, they where my saving grace. I continue to lift because I feel it makes me a better person physically and mentally
Thats cool, im the same i think. I feel like the gym is my getaway from all the sh*t and just focusing that hour and a half on smashing the weights is one of the greatest feelings and personally is my form of 'meditation'.

Also just curious your reason to decide to use AAS?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats cool, im the same i think. I feel like the gym is my getaway from all the sh*t and just focusing that hour and a half on smashing the weights is one of the greatest feelings and personally is my form of 'meditation'.

Also just curious your reason to decide to use AAS?
To take my training to the next level. I hit a plateau for over a year and needed a boost to get over the hump.

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
This is easy. I lift to look good naked and to bust skulls on the street. Secondary benefit, I am healthy.

I recently decided to venture to the dark side when I realized my body simply won't grow past its genetic ability. Plus, one can only get so shredded being natty!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I graduated high school 5' 11", 135 lbs. I was a rail. I couldn't get a girl to save my life. I also couldn't have even won a fight with a toddler. After starting a serious workout regiment in college I started seeing some serious results in strength and size. I'm now 6' 1", 200 - 205 lbs depending on the season and training cycle, with goals to get bigger. I'm stronger, faster, and in better shape than I've ever been in, and than most people I know. All of my girlfriend's friends comment on how I look and how jealous they are of her. Plus, the benefits of what we do on the gym are so numerous it's ridiculous. My main goal at the moment, which is the subject of my own personal log here on AM, is to prepare for the day I run into the guy I caught my wife cheating on me with and crushing him like a walnut.

jake.miller23

jake.miller23

Awards
  • Established
I graduated high school 5' 11", 135 lbs. I was a rail. I couldn't get a girl to save my life. I also couldn't have even won a fight with a toddler. After starting a serious workout regiment in college I started seeing some serious results in strength and size. I'm now 6' 1", 200 - 205 lbs depending on the season out training cycle, with goals to get bigger. I'm stronger, faster, and in better shape than I've ever been in, and than most people I know. All of my girlfriend's friends comment on how I look and how jealous they are of her. Plus, the benefits of what we do on the gym are so numerous it's ridiculous. My main goal at the moment, which is the subject of my own personal log here on AM, is to prepare for the day I run into the guy I caught my wife cheating on me with and crushing him like a walnut.
Thats just pure motivation man. Keep grinding!!

Ruthless33

Awards
As a junior in highschool I was sitting at 5'9 113 pounds. I went to enlist in the Army. I was turned away for not meeting the minimum weight requirement. That's when I knew something had to change. I put on the weight for my self esteem, to make something of myself, to better myself now and all future endeavors. I continue because you can't settle for anything you can always improve. The military has also completely changed my thinking. I'll never settle for being the way I am.

mgkoret

mgkoret

Awards
  • Established
I used to be this short chubby thing in high school. I busted out of that shell and went from 212 to 146 in a matter of about 6 months. Running, bicycling, eating right. I made a lot of changes. But then I was skinny and still couldn't lift.
I got into college and began a serious regimen. I went up to 168 and was stuck there for about a year and a half. I lift to keep my body healthy, never get back into that overweight dangerous state, and I love the feeling of being at the gym. And to look sexy as hell.
I jumped into PHs to break my plateau as well and hit 176 after pct in my first cycle. Up to 188 now and will keep growing and will continue to take advantage of the ph opportunity until I reach my goals and can maintain it naturally. Not that I'm against using at all.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For aesthetic purposes. Don't care about strength.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started working out to lose weight. Was a chubby kid and young adult which led to low self esteem, which led to drug use, which led to a dark lifestyle, which led to prison. Worked out in prison and got super ripped, not big. But found the therapeutic value of it. When I got out I slipped back to the drugs for almost a year and when I pulled my head out of my ass finally, I knew I had to hit the gym to channel this obsessive behavior into something. And well, it's part of my recovery. But I do fully obsess about it the way I did with other things in my life and that is what made me decide to start taking AAS/DS. But I have to keep a tab on how much I let that behavior run rampant. Fortunately I have built enough good things in my life since getting clean (wife, baby, house, killer job, etc.), that they keep my ass in check. But I would still be a mess without the gym.

hiprsha666

hiprsha666

Awards
Because being the biggest person in the room feels good.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I love the idea of getting big as possible, not to mention the increase in performance for strength and muscular endurance... Love it

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
I fell down with a chronic gastrointestinal disorder that amongst other hellish symptoms was a wasting condition which not only took away the gains I had made but took me way below them. I wasn't going to let this ruin me so I jumped on in order to fight back / heal myself.

It worked well.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
I was young and dumb so I did a cycle. Got some gyno and now I'm insecure so I need to overcompensate for my slight gyno by getting bigger.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
I go to the gym because I like the way it gives me a feeling of accomplishment and I'm addicted to the pump. I love making my body look better. Motivation came from when I went to college and went to a bar when I was 18 (got the X on the hand) and everyone was way bigger than me. I was 5'9 135lbs and no muscular frame at all. After 5 years of on and off lifting (2 years solid) I'm now 5'9 180 and good shape. Of course I could get better and that's when I started using ph about 6 months ago. I fell into a plateau and wanted something to give me a kick. A buddy of mine took halodrol and educated me for a few weeks. I then did consistent reading for about 6 months and did my first run and enjoyed it. Won't go full AAS, but I am doing epi/tren now. I do it because I enjoy it.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
The gym is my getaway, like some others have said. And I want to be as big as possible while still being functional. Also like many, I was a skinny young man before I started. 6 foot, 130 lbs.

If you dont mind me asking, what do you have? I have ulcerative colitis...which sucks to get to a good place, then get sick and lose it all.
Still undiagnosed. The NHS in the UK are a clueless uncaring overworked bunch of idiots. I'm my own doctor for the most part. Yes it does suck man just keeping looking for a cure. One Thing for you to look into maybe BPC-157. Good research on this. Anyway I won't hijack the thread :) good luck buddy. Shot me a PM if you have any other questions.