Some questions about SUPERDROL

FrankTank

Awards
Hi!

I'm going to take 10mg of Superdrol per day (my first PH cycle ever) for 3 weeks.
For PCT I'm going to use Rebound-XT.

My Questions:

1. How much and for how long should I take Rebound-XT?
2. When should I start taking it? On first off-day?
3. Should I use Milk thisle? How much per day ?
4. Is it necessary to start milk thisle before I start the PH cycle?
5. What's the best method to keep as much as possible of the gained mass after the cycle?

Hope you'll have a nice easter holiday. I'll go to Spain for 2 weeks :)

Greetings from Frankfurt

Martin

PS: Please excuse my bad English.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Hello I think your english is good. I congratulate you on your decision to use just 10 mgs of SD. I would use a low dose of Rebound for 2 weeks or until you get any sides. Milk thistle is okay at a low dose also. To keep your gains I would maintain caloric intake at the same or higher, use creatine and lower the weights, maintain a 3x10 scheme, that is what worked for me.

FrankTank

Awards
Thank you Knowbull !!!

50 mg Rebound-XT per day for 2 weeks

400mg milk-thisle on on-cycle-days

Good thing ????

greetings
Martin

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion you will only need half those amounts, considering your low SD dose, but everyone is different and others may say something else. It is best to use your own judgement, you know what is best for you. Personally I like to avoid any side effects or at least minimize them.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
If I was going to invest in an ancilliary to accompany superdrol, I would probably put my money in some taurine or red yeast rice. The pumps get painful as hell and taurine thus far has worked great for me. Superdrol has also been known to wreak havok on peoples cholesterol values, and red yeast rice has been shown to help improve those values.

Milk thistle is nice, but superdrol is a relatively mild on the liver and I don't think its needed.

Good luck with the 10mg. I agree with Knowbull that you should start with 10mg, especially on your first cycle. Remember to keep your calories high. I couldn't gain on superdrol until I went well above maintenance calories. Also, people respond to anabolics differently, so if after 2 weeks, you aren't getting results, try to go up to 20mg and reevaluate things from there.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Red rice yeast can stress the liver too so if this is included, be good to your liver.

one more thing I would add is Glucophase GXR, and here is why:

1. Awesome antioxidant
2. Good for the liver
3. Improves glucose sensitivity, which is good with Superdrol (SD will cause the most insane pumps/glycogen-uptake you have ever experienced) and as such,it should synergize.
4. Anecdotal-I responded too well at 20mgs with GXR, and had to cut it to 10mgs. I still got forearm pumps from typing and deltoid pumps from doing the dishes...Dim

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Red rice yeast can stress the liver too so if this is included, be good to your liver.
Wow, did not know that about red rice yeast. Are you sure that GXR increases the effectiveness of Superdrol? I thought that it only did that with drugs that use adrenal mechanisms (clen, ephedra, cocaine). I'm pretty sure it doesn't have that effect on androgens.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've been reading some lately about the need to take CoQ10 with Red Yeast Rice. The reason given was that RYR was hard on the liver and the CoQ10 helped minimize that. I see that NOW makes a RYR with CoQ10 added: http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1148

But I seem to end up with some confusing info:

As rule it's bad to stack Methly's since they are especilly hard on the liver.
If you're taking a methly you should take RYR to help with the elevated cholesterol.
Taking RYR could be hard on the liver, so add CoQ10.

Is the extra liver stress from RYR worth the cholesterol lowering effect, or does adding CoQ10 eliminate the concern about liver stress. Thanks.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I think alot of people use RYR during PCT, which would mitigate the risk.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you saying not to use RYR until PCT? Or that I shouldnt worry about the high cholesterol levels during cycle, as long as I can control them post cycle with (hopefully) the RYR? So short duration elevated cholesterol levels are "acceptable" as long as long term levels are in control? Not meaning to put words in your mouth, just summarizing my understanding/confusion. I thought RYR took some time to be effective, so would I be starting over each time I began PCT with it? By taking it pre/during/post I thought I would be controlling the cholesterol levels at a more stable level. Thanks.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll post it again.

All HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors can induce a Coenzyme Q10 deficiency. To include Lovastatin (Red Yeast Rice).

However, Red Yeast Rice contains several other cholesterol lowering agents including monacolins, sterols, and certain isoflavones, which provide the bulk of the chol. lowering properties. The amount of statin (Lovastatin) contained in Red Yeast Rice is trace. Three grams contains~ 5mgs of the statin, compared to perscribed dosages of Lovastatin in the 20-40mgs range. Human trials have not shown ANY elevations liver enzymes or renal impairment.

However, I do suggest you supplement with coq10 since there are not any long-term studies demonstrating Red Rice Yeast's effect in this area.
While statin drugs are effective at lowering LDL cholesterol, they have serious side effects. Statins work by inhibiting 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase,
the enzyme involved in the biosynthesis of cholesterol from acetyl-CoA. In 1990 Folkers and colleagues theorized that inhibition of this key enzyme would also inhibit the intrinsic biosynthesis of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), a central compound in the mitochondrial respiratory chain. The researchers stated that '.if lovastatin were to reduce levels of CoQ10, this reduction would constitute a new risk of cardiac disease, since it is established that CoQ10 is indispensable for cardiac function.' The researchers reported on protocols involving five hospitalized patients, 43-72 years old, and one volunteer who was monitored for CoQ10 and cholesterol levels and cardiac function. All data from the protocols revealed that lovastatin does indeed lower levels of CoQ10. The five hospitalized patients taking lovastatin evidenced an increase in cardiac disease from lovastatin, which was life-threatening for patients having class IV cardiomyopathy before lovastatin or after taking lovastatin. Oral administration of CoQ10 increased blood levels of CoQ10 and was generally accompanied by an improvement in cardiac function.

Lovastatin decreases coenzyme Q levels in humans. Folkers K, Langsjoen P, Willis R, Richardson P, Xia LJ, Ye CQ, Tamagawa H. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1990 Nov 87:22 8931-4

Another thing is that long-term use of statins leads to reduced effect, I would only supplement with Red Yeast Rice, or Niacin during cycles. Try to maintain a healthy diet year round with flax, olive, and fish oils.

Last edited:

FrankTank

Awards
Hi!

Thank you guys for all these replies.

I wish you and your families a nice easter holiday.

greetings from Frankfurt
:)

FrankTank

Awards
You're in Frankfurt? Cool, I'm in Kaiserslautern.
Are you there, cause you're German, or cause you're in the army ?

Sorry guys but i have got 2 new questions: :)

1. Usually, I go to gym 3 time a week. Should I train more often while on ?

2. I've heard that it is recommended for some PHs to take them with a large meal. SD too ????

Thanks guys.

blakkstarr

Board Supporter
Awards
In my opinion you will only need half those amounts, considering your low SD dose, but everyone is different and others may say something else. It is best to use your own judgement, you know what is best for you. Personally I like to avoid any side effects or at least minimize them.
I agree...

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Are you there, cause you're German, or cause you're in the army ?

Sorry guys but i have got 2 new questions: :)

1. Usually, I go to gym 3 time a week. Should I train more often while on ?

2. I've heard that it is recommended for some PHs to take them with a large meal. SD too ????

Thanks guys.
Army :D

What about you?

To answer your questions:
1. I would increase volume per workout but keep the frequency the same.
2. Don't think it really matters.

FrankTank

Awards
Hi!

Unfortunately I'm neither in the army nor am I American.
Otherwise I would go to the base's shop every day just to buy some original American peanut butter (Peter Pan peanut butter.....damn! This stuff is sooooooo good!!) :D

left field

Awards
Knowbull,

Your wording "...or until you get any sides threw me."

Are you saying use the Rebound during the SD run or PCT for 2 weeks?

I've also just started a 10mg SD/21 day cycle.

Thanks,

lefty

Hello I think your english is good. I congratulate you on your decision to use just 10 mgs of SD. I would use a low dose of Rebound for 2 weeks or until you get any sides. Milk thistle is okay at a low dose also. To keep your gains I would maintain caloric intake at the same or higher, use creatine and lower the weights, maintain a 3x10 scheme, that is what worked for me.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thanks that wasnt well worded. I meant PCT only,

JB20

Awards
why would you take milk thistle during a cycle? i though you were supposed to take milk thistle after a cycle and without using any other supplements

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Some people like to, just to avoid any toxic buildup that may occur, its unlikely to counteract anabolism while on

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Yes, policosanol will be my cholesterol aid for future SD cycles.
No one knows how much RRY would worsen liver values and expecially how long u need to take it to have any effect on those. 3 weeks (in my case) probably will not change a thing.

Bigfishy

Awards
Every time I do a cycle I usually up my workouts from 6 to 7 days a week as well as increased volume per workout. That being said I also cycle things like M1T and d-bol which i believe keep up with my increased work load. I will begin 20mg SD in a couple weeks, should i treat this the same way as a m1t and D-bol cycle will increased volume and frequency of workout or should I stick with 6 days a week and just increase volume of workouts. can you overtrain on SD? I never could on d-bol or M1t. I even worked out 7 days a week on on a solo EQ cycle, it kinda just always been my policy to run myself into the ground on cycle and take it easy afterwards?

schlam_of

Awards
ill weigh in on the sd training question, but i seem to be in a category of my own with sd. i say that because i didnt get any increased recovery while on sd, i was always sore the next day which never happens to me while on any other cycle. so for me, yes, you could definetly overtrain on sd, and it wouldnt be able to help with increased workload. but again, i havent seen anyone else report this, so it could just be me.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

You can overtrain on any PH/androgen/drug. They do help recovery but why make it that much harder for you to recover. By overtraining while on cycle you are taking 5 steps forward and taking 3 steps back instead of 4 steps back if you were training natural. If I haven't lost you just train 3-5 days a week and add a little bit of volume. Stimulate, don't annilate! If this isn't of help search under the name Raybravo and he just did a write up of what to do while on cycle, a great read!

blakkstarr

Board Supporter
Awards
Hi!

Do you agree with using half of the amounts, or do you agree with his opion to minimize the danger of sides? (what I do with taking more Rebound-XT etc.)

greetings
I agree with the statement " It is best to use your own judgement, you know what is best for you. Personally I like to avoid any side effects or at least minimize them." I currently use 50mgs rebound xt, 600 mgs milk thistle, and ZMA for PCT, from my last cycle of SD- 20 mgs, M4ohn 36 mgs..

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
I agree with the statement " It is best to use your own judgement, you know what is best for you. Personally I like to avoid any side effects or at least minimize them." I currently use 50mgs rebound xt, 600 mgs milk thistle, and ZMA for PCT, from my last cycle of SD- 20 mgs, M4ohn 36 mgs..
How did that work out for you?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Hey left field how is your cycle going? How many have you had? How are your results?

blakkstarr

Board Supporter
Awards
Both. i was thinking about doing the SD/Mohn with similar PCT in the near future.
One of the best cycle's and PCT, I've ever had.. I am thinking of only using this cycle for future cycles due to its positive gains and very easy PCT.. Only hitch would be that I would use MDHT in lieu of M4ohn if I ran out..

left field

Awards
Hey Knowbull,

so far... interesting.

This is my first PH, so I've been paying a lot of attention to my body's reaction.

I'm on day 9 of 10mg ed with the addition of 5gm of Taurine along with my usual multi/C/E/efa. I'm 184 lbs with about 14% BF.

I've added the Taurine as I'm doing a thrice weekly full-body WO with a lot of squats, deadlifts and lunges and wanted to temper the back pumps. So far, none.

I haven't noticed any large gains in strength, size or vascularity, but I understand that it takes a week or so for the SD to announce it's presence, so I expect the coming week to be more indicative of how I respond.

No sides to speak of, though my nipples are slightly sensitive, but that could be because I'm randy as a schoolboy. Not bad for a 45 year-old.

I'm not going to add to the dosage for the first three week run, though I may up to 20mg ed for the second.

Not seeing the huge weight gains that everyone speaks of, but that could be due to my difficulty in consuming over 3000 kcal. Eating has always been a bitch for me.

That's about all, so far.

lefty

Stuntdawg

Stuntdawg

Awards
Hey Knowbull,

so far... interesting.

This is my first PH, so I've been paying a lot of attention to my body's reaction.

I'm on day 9 of 10mg ed with the addition of 5gm of Taurine along with my usual multi/C/E/efa. I'm 184 lbs with about 14% BF.

I've added the Taurine as I'm doing a thrice weekly full-body WO with a lot of squats, deadlifts and lunges and wanted to temper the back pumps. So far, none.

I haven't noticed any large gains in strength, size or vascularity, but I understand that it takes a week or so for the SD to announce it's presence, so I expect the coming week to be more indicative of how I respond.

No sides to speak of, though my nipples are slightly sensitive, but that could be because I'm randy as a schoolboy. Not bad for a 45 year-old.

I'm not going to add to the dosage for the first three week run, though I may up to 20mg ed for the second.

Not seeing the huge weight gains that everyone speaks of, but that could be due to my difficulty in consuming over 3000 kcal. Eating has always been a bitch for me.

That's about all, so far.

lefty
What kind of cycle are you running Left? Are you running a 3/2/3?, or just 4-6 weeks straight through?

left field

Awards
Hi,

I'm thinking 3-2-3 as that fits with the WO I'm currently doing.

lefty

What kind of cycle are you running Left? Are you running a 3/2/3?, or just 4-6 weeks straight through?

garyd85gt

Awards
left field- keep posting your progress, I too am an old timer at 44 yoa- looking towards my first SD cycle and interested to hear your story- could you let me know how your Blood Pressure responds, that's always an issue with me. Thanks

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Lefty, thanks for the details, I think its smart to use low dose, I didnt really see(feel) a major difference till about day 20 then muscle tonus and strength went through the roof and I decided to go another week or more, by then I had every weight in the house on my my bars and was doing 3x15 thrice weekly. I stopped at day 39 cause I knew it was going into overtrain. Its been a little over a month now and Im still pumped. I gained about 10 lbs. I did experience some muscle cramping that was fairly minor. I use a multi, Barleans flax oil, coQ10, vit E, creatine,whey,glutamine powder from lef.org (expensive but worth it at a once daily dose) and 1 Juvenon tablet daily(ALA,ALCAR) I wouldnt worry about sucking up too many calories cause some people just cant according to their body type. I hope this works for you dude it takes time and prudence.

garyd85gt

Awards
Knowbull- nice log, sounds like you did great- hope it works as well for me

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Garyd85, thanks! Im sure it will work I think a guy just has to be mindful of his body, find what works consistently for him as far as training and supplemental regimens. The only problem with weight training that I have found is once you have done it for a while it is not a wise idea to stop for very long. I usually go for 6 to 8 week periods, then a week to 10 days off, I have taken as much as a month off in order to get tendons back in shape, after overtraining. I didnt start lifting til I was thirty, Im stronger now than I ever have been in my life and getting stronger. Age doesnt have to be a setback, a guy just has to be patient and train smart, 3 times wkly, periodizing the poundages, listening to the body. I know this can work for us older guys.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Yes BP does go up a bit, but you can adjust by lifting lighter with longer pause between sets, also someone said celery seed extract worked for them, if you do a search yio will find it. Lasting gains dont happen overnight, they take time and mindfulness

left field

Awards
Hi Gary,

I'll do my best.

I not overly concerned about my BP as it has never been a problem.

Recently had a checkup and about the only thing that was slightly off was my HDL levels. My LDLs were sub 130.

However, I'll stay aware of my BP, just in case.

lefty

left field- keep posting your progress, I too am an old timer at 44 yoa- looking towards my first SD cycle and interested to hear your story- could you let me know how your Blood Pressure responds, that's always an issue with me. Thanks

left field

Awards
Well, I think someone mentioned you could eat cheesecake and still put on muscle with SD, so I may go that route.
:lol:

I mostly try and keep the protien up on WO days and the poor carbs down all together.

Your experience is what I'm expecting, so I'm not too stressed about immediate results. One of the benefits of age.

Honestly, all I'm hoping for this year is 190 with 9% BF.

Oh yeah... and a 300 squat and 400 deadlift.

lefty

Lefty, thanks for the details, I think its smart to use low dose, I didnt really see(feel) a major difference till about day 20 then muscle tonus and strength went through the roof and I decided to go another week or more, by then I had every weight in the house on my my bars and was doing 3x15 thrice weekly. I stopped at day 39 cause I knew it was going into overtrain. Its been a little over a month now and Im still pumped. I gained about 10 lbs. I did experience some muscle cramping that was fairly minor. I use a multi, Barleans flax oil, coQ10, vit E, creatine,whey,glutamine powder from lef.org (expensive but worth it at a once daily dose) and 1 Juvenon tablet daily(ALA,ALCAR) I wouldnt worry about sucking up too many calories cause some people just cant according to their body type. I hope this works for you dude it takes time and prudence.

Mike Ryan

Banned
Awards
I'm looking at a 3-2-3 cycle of SD powder/Olive oil oral in the next couple weeks. I will be doing Rebound XT for PCT. Since I already have plenty of Milk Thistle from Bulk would you guys add NAC to make it a generic Pro-liver? I'll be using Taurine during also.

Methyl1

Awards
Hi!

Unfortunately I'm neither in the army nor am I American.
Otherwise I would go to the base's shop every day just to buy some original American peanut butter (Peter Pan peanut butter.....damn! This stuff is sooooooo good!!) :D
LOL! "Steamboat willy TOOT TOOOOT", " Betty Boop vat a dish" "Oh say can you see, oh say can you see" :lol:

FrankTank

Awards
Hi Guys, how are you doing?

I just want to keep you informed about my SD cycle.

facts:

10mg SD / Day for 3 weeks
25 * bodyweight cal.
about 2g protein / kg

And the (disappointing) results so far:

4 lbs
strength went up a little bit
unbelievable pumps at the gym
absolutely no sides

I read a thread about the results of peoples first cycle and all of them had gains between 10 and 20 lbs.
My cycle will end next week with a gain of 4 lbs...... :sad:

What did I do wrong???

What possibilities do I have???

Do you recommend to prolong the cycle for 1 more week??
Should a go up with the dosage???

How would that change the PCT???

Thank you guys!
Greetings....

FrankTank

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Up the dosage to 20mg and go another week. Find your tolerance level. Some guys are pre-loading with 30-40mg the first few days and then dropping back and having success. You have to assess your tolerance. It isn't a wasted cycle....just a learning curve for next time.

FrankTank

Awards
Thanks SJA!

So from now on i'll go 20mg/day for 2 more weeks.

So at the end of the cycle I had 2 weeks with 10mg and 2 weeks with 20mg per day.

Do I have to go up with the Rebound-XT dosage too??
I planed to take 50mg / day for 2 weeks. Is this still sufficient and save or should I go up with the dosage or go for more than 2 weeks.

thank you guys.