Injection Site frequency

jwstoick

Awards
I am pinning 500mg/wk and really like pinning the ventro glute. Would it be ok to just rotate between left and right VG? I haven't done delts or quads yet and don't really want to do quads at all.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should have around a week in between sites. If you have a lot of issues with certain sites, either find others or don't pin. Pinning a specific site more than once a week can be done, but your not doing your body any favors. You can cause bruising, too many tears in the muscle, and too many punctures in to blood vessels.

jwstoick

Awards
But it would be ok doing a pin a week per site so say left ventro glute Monday and then again the following Monday

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But it would be ok doing a pin a week per site so say left ventro glute Monday and then again the following Monday
I said a week in between sites. Monday to Monday is a week no?

jwstoick

Awards
So I'm 8 weeks in just did my last pin yesterday for the week into my left ventro. Today it feels like a virgin muscle again and the pain is moving towards my groin area as well. Should I be worried about infection or did I maybe just move the needle too much or inject too quick?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
you sure you hit ventroglute and not hip tensor? Shouldn't be moving towards groin. It's a common mistake for people to think hip tensors are actually vg when they are not. The VG is technically gluteus medias.
In this picture the muscle towards the anterior is hip flexor

And this shows a better picture of the VG

jwstoick

Awards
I did do it into the tensor fascia latae...the person who told me about the vg showed that muscle to inject into. So basically the actual Ventro is like right under the hip crest

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I did do it into the tensor fascia latae...the person who told me about the vg showed that muscle to inject into. So basically the actual Ventro is like right under the hip crest
yeah if you play around and flex your leg/glute(abduction, adduction, etc) in various ways while standing up it will pop out and is almost the size of the palm of your hand.hip tensors can take injections too but the IT band is there and it can cause irritation to that while VG is the safest bet

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I rotate like this...

Right delt, left delt, right quad, left quad and back to delts.

I would do glutes too but I haven't got long enough pins.

jwstoick

Awards
I'll have to do that. I think I irritated the **** out of something in my tensor. I've been doing the shots there all cycle and didn't have this pain but must've hit something. Gonna start rotations on delts and actually ventro