Most import aspect of keeping gains

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I see alot of people wondering or asking how to keep gains. I thought I would give my take being a 10+ year vet and also being arount top competitors.

The most important thing is diet. I see alot of people ramp up their diet during cycle. Gain alot then don't account for the extra calories needed to keep the additional mass. not just in post cycle but beyond. People don't recalibrate their maintenance calories or BMR both of which will change with the addition of weight and muscle. It does no good to gain 20lbs if your not going to keep eating the additional amount you need to keep those 20lbs. As long as you not at your genetic limit which few are.

Just a thought as I see many people spending a ton on PCT and then being disappointed. I always did a very very simple PCT as did many of my friends and almost everybody back when I started we didn't have ldex, aromosin, etc. no rc companies you needed a source. and almost everybody ran plain clomid nothing fancy and most would easily keep 80% as long as they accounted for the changes. You body needs a certain amount of time to reset it's weight so to speak. especially with shorter oral cycles even with a full pct 8 weeks is not enough time for your body to make your new weight your set point. you need to keep eating higher even after pct is over which alot don't do These are just my opinions But i see alot of newer juicers fall into this trap. 2 months 3 months after pct do you still know your macros has your body adapted changed it's nutritional neeeds?

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Great post. Couldn't agree more with you as far as diet being the biggest mistake as to why people lose gains in PCT.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see alot of people wondering or asking how to keep gains. I thought I would give my take being a 10+ year vet and also being arount top competitors.

The most important thing is diet. I see alot of people ramp up their diet during cycle. Gain alot then don't account for the extra calories needed to keep the additional mass. not just in post cycle but beyond. People don't recalibrate their maintenance calories or BMR both of which will change with the addition of weight and muscle. It does no good to gain 20lbs if your not going to keep eating the additional amount you need to keep those 20lbs. As long as you not at your genetic limit which few are.

Just a thought as I see many people spending a ton on PCT and then being disappointed. I always did a very very simple PCT as did many of my friends and almost everybody back when I started we didn't have ldex, aromosin, etc. no rc companies you needed a source. and almost everybody ran plain clomid nothing fancy and most would easily keep 80% as long as they accounted for the changes. You body needs a certain amount of time to reset it's weight so to speak. especially with shorter oral cycles even with a full pct 8 weeks is not enough time for your body to make your new weight your set point. you need to keep eating higher even after pct is over which alot don't do These are just my opinions But i see alot of newer juicers fall into this trap. 2 months 3 months after pct do you still know your macros has your body adapted changed it's nutritional neeeds?
Didn't read all that, but to answer your title, it's simple! FOOD!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep diet is definitely key as well as a good pct in my opinion. If you do a proper pct the hope is to hold onto those gains longer. ha

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So youre saying people need to up their calories? My maintenance was around 3000-3300, but I'm at 4000 while on cycle trying to bulk. So where should I be at pct and beyond to keep gains (because its hard enough getting down the 4k).
It depends how much you gain etc each person is going to be different but if maintenance was 3300 then when you put on weight you need to definitely be above that to hold onto gains

Loneyboy

Banned
Awards
So youre saying people need to up their calories? My maintenance was around 3000-3300, but I'm at 4000 while on cycle trying to bulk. So where should I be at pct and beyond to keep gains (because its hard enough getting down the 4k).
What were your cals at the beginning of the cycle? Assume your maintenance will jump about 500, eat that, and see if you gain or lose. If you do, adjust accordingly

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Good reminder to people.

Other aspects, as someone else mentioned is a good PCT. That period when test is zero and your in the trenches is a period where a lot of mass can drop off if you don't recover swiftly.

Another, and this is just theory, to keep mass past your genetics you need to run long cycles so that the new muscle tissue has enough time to properly form. For example quick high dose oral cycles will put a lot on in a few weeks but that is coming right off when your done lol but with long cycles you have a better chance of tissue "solidifying".

Those plus your points on diet should help a fella out ;)