finasteride experiances and doses

10x

10x

Awards
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some chat on finasteride experience good or bad. What doses are effective and lower side effects? I plan to run it with test e sdrol and anavar 500/20/50-75. Will .5 or 1mg eod b effective and have less chance of limp d***

MrBEEF

Awards
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some chat on finasteride experience good or bad. What doses are effective and lower side effects? I plan to run it with test e sdrol and anavar 500/20/50-75. Will .5 or 1mg eod b effective and have less chance of limp d***
This info can easily be found here or on the wed by searching. Finasteride is targeted to Prostate and scalp, so no chance of very little issue with ED.

There are studies that show Durasteride is superior for preserving the hairline, and there are well published studies proving it. I just started using it on my cycle, however I have both on hand.

For a hair prevention cycle support, I suggest the following:
1) durasteride 2.5mg + finasteride 2.5mg per day
2) Minoxidil 5% 2x daily
3) Nizoral %2 check ebay, the bottle has Thai writing...can't get it in USA. Use this every other day.
4) Saw Palmetto, but this is usually in on-cycle support
5) Vit E supplement

You can also use laser treatments

10x

10x

Awards
I have nizoral 2% Rogaine and finasteride I do not have dura so even at split dose or low dose there's still good chance of ed?

MrBEEF

Awards
I have nizoral 2% Rogaine and finasteride I do not have dura so even at split dose or low dose there's still good chance of ed?
I am no expert, but it seems since you're taking a test base, you'll still be making DHT. Just keep the Finasteride/Durasteride on or below 5mg/day. I use it as 2.5mg for protection with the other stuff. DHT is one of the strongest muscle builders. To me it seems like getting rid of it, and ten adding other androgens only put you in the same boat as default. So I don't want to get rid of DHT totally.

I think you're more likely to get ED from taking an anti-estrogen than from DHT blocking if you're on a test base.

I'd suggest like with any supplement to tolerance map. Start with a little, anbd work your way up. 2.5-5mg/day is fine.

If you're lighter in weight perhaps stick to the 2,5mg/day, but from your pic you seem well-built so you're good.

MrBEEF

Awards
I am no expert, but it seems since you're taking a test base, you'll still be making DHT. Just keep the Finasteride/Durasteride on or below 5mg/day. I use it as 2.5mg for protection with the other stuff. DHT is one of the strongest muscle builders. To me it seems like getting rid of it, and ten adding other androgens only put you in the same boat as default. So I don't want to get rid of DHT totally.

I think you're more likely to get ED from taking an anti-estrogen than from DHT blocking if you're on a test base.

I'd suggest like with any supplement to tolerance map. Start with a little, anbd work your way up. 2.5-5mg/day is fine.

If you're lighter in weight perhaps stick to the 2,5mg/day, but from your pic you seem well-built so you're good.
Hopefully someone can chime in here with me as this is always a best policy. I also suggest getting a hold of a copy of Anablics 2006 or 2009 for reference. This will give u better guidance. I use this and if I don't get the answers here, THEN I post. Published literature trumps bro-science.

When I get home I'll read on it and report back.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
As far as what's effective and what isn't, it really all depends on the person. A lot of experienced gear users will tell you to run 2.5mg of Finasteride or dutasteride per gram of test/week. If it were me, I'd run minimum 1mg of finasteride a day for your cycle. If you buy proscar tabs (5mg each), you can split them into quarters and have 1.25mg doses.

The more you take, the more you inhibit the 5ar enzyme and the more likely you are to have lower DHT levels and potentially low libido. There is definitely a point of diminishing retuns so more is not always better and you certainly do not want to crush your DHT levels. The idea of using a 5ar inhibitor on cycle is to limit an increase in DHT from the test. Having said that, 1mg/day is better than .5mg/day which is better than 0mg/day. It's that simple.

In all honesty, you are going to have to experiment to see what works for you. You may not show any side effects at all, especially when combining with IM test. Are you prone to MPB?

This info can easily be found here or on the wed by searching. Finasteride is targeted to Prostate and scalp, so no chance of very little issue with ED.

There are studies that show Durasteride is superior for preserving the hairline, and there are well published studies proving it. I just started using it on my cycle, however I have both on hand.

For a hair prevention cycle support, I suggest the following:
1) durasteride 2.5mg + finasteride 2.5mg per day
2) Minoxidil 5% 2x daily
3) Nizoral %2 check ebay, the bottle has Thai writing...can't get it in USA. Use this every other day.
4) Saw Palmetto, but this is usually in on-cycle support
5) Vit E supplement

You can also use laser treatments
Actually, almost none of the info that will be specific to him can be found on the web. It is almost 100% person dependent. He needs to actually use the product to know how it will work within his system and to see whether or not he will have any side effects. I experimented with .25 all the way to 1.25mg of finasteride over a period of 1.5 years and saw absolutely no side effects whatsoever. I know people that can sniff the tablet and not get a hard on. At the end of the day, there are more things to consider than DHT when talking about ED.

Dutasteride is shown to be more effective than Finasteride because it attacks both the type II and type I 5ar enzyme. Finasteride only attacks the type II enzyme. More inhibition of the reductase enzyme means lower DHT levels and this generally means more success in maintaining or growing new hair. More DHT inhibition can also mean more side effects (especially if you are prone to them).

1) That's a lot of 5ar inhibition for 500mg test/week. Way too much in my humble opinion.
3) 2% Nizoral can be ordered from Canada as it can be bought over the counter there.
4) Saw Palmetto is great. I have been using it for many years and it has been effective for me at slowing down the process. The Saw Palmetto in those cycle support supplements is almost useless. Most are underdosed and very few if any are standradized for the proper amount of active sterols and fatty acids. Get a stand-alone bottle of Saw Palmetto from a reputable source. It should be a standardized extract to a minimum of 85%. Take 160mg 2x a day. Pumpkin seed oil and nettle root have also shown some anecdotal promise.

One could also consider using a topical Sprinonolactone cream to help block DHT at the scalp. This is safer as it doesn't seem to have systemic side-effects like fin/duta. The only drawback is the smell.

10x

10x

Awards
Thanks for the info guys great reads and very helpful I guess I will just have to play around with the dosing and pick up some Saw Palmetto. I go for hernia surgery today so I got a few before I'm back on my feet and will be running this cycle about March if I'm back up to par by then. Yes I'm prone to MPB slight receding hairline and my last cycle did a significant amount of damage IMO. It lasted from 2weeks in to about 3 weeks after pct. On just a sdrol/max lmg 4 week cycle.

If long term ED was to happen or total libido after use is there any counter measures to take or and I will only be using on cycle and pct

bchap05

Awards
I lost my sex drive when I was on fin. GF at the time was getting pissed so I dropped dosage in half which seemed to help. It wasn't like I could never perform everytime we tried to have sex I could. But it would take longer to get up and it was't as solid. Hair loss stopped so it was working that way.

10x

10x

Awards
I lost my sex drive when I was on fin. GF at the time was getting pissed so I dropped dosage in half which seemed to help. It wasn't like I could never perform everytime we tried to have sex I could. But it would take longer to get up and it was't as solid. Hair loss stopped so it was working that way.
Was this on cycle or off and what were you running?

bchap05

Awards
Off. It didn't take long once I stopped to be back to having my sex drive back. I might try it again sometime. I had the 5 mg generics so I was cutting them as small as possible so I tried to cut back to .5 a day.

10x

10x

Awards
Thanks I'll try it at .5 mg ed anyone have any concerns about added gyno risk or does the ai take care of that?

Should I start a month before cycle or start finasteride the same time I start the cycle?