T3 stand alone

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Hey guys.
I am currently 6'1 190lbs and about 12% body fat.. Here is a pic to put that into context

image-154932159.jpg

My question is could using t3 stand alone take me to the next level? And has anyone had any experience with it?

Any input helps! Thanks a lot

MrBEEF

Awards
you'll loose muscle.

Run it with a good natural stack or a PH that is available. Keep protein > 2g/ lb of body weight.

T3 increase appetite, so I hope you got good control. Also research on how to use it. It can be dangerous.

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
you'll loose muscle. Run it with a good natural stack or a PH that is available. Keep protein > 2g/ lb of body weight. T3 increase appetite, so I hope you got good control. Also research on how to use it. It can be dangerous.
I'm not too worried about losing a bit of muscle, but thank you for your honesty, I definitely will do a lot more research, I just wanted some input from you guys! Thanks for the idea on the natty stack, although I really am trying not to use ph/aas

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pic looks lower than 12 t3 alone cannibalize everything I'm not sure what you mean by next level t3 won't distinguish so it could be more than a little bit of muscle lost

MrBEEF

Awards
Pic looks lower than 12 t3 alone cannibalize everything I'm not sure what you mean by next level t3 won't distinguish so it could be more than a little bit of muscle lost
A natty stack is not PH or AAS. They are supplements that enable your body to produce as much natural hormones as possible.

If you want to use T3, don't do it alone, or don't ever go over 25cmg in a day, and divide up the dosage.

I think a natural stack like this could work well:

- Dermacrine or Anabeta Elite
- A low-budget AI, not sure what is left after the ban, but something simple, like Erase, not sure if that is gone or not.
- T3, 25cmg/day divided into 2 doses.
- Appetite suppressant. For me T3 makes me super hungry, hence it's really only a temporary situation, like a contest.

If you're looking for something more permanent, then I'd stay away from T3. You're very lean already. What is exactly what you want? You know BF% has 2 sides of the equation: remember by increase lean muscle mass you also effect your bf%. You can gain lean mass or reduce fat to lower the %.

Perhaps just increasing protein, changing lifting style (more volume less rest in between set), and some HIIT, and get some skin color(tan a bit), and I am sure you'll get the result you want, AND this is a lifestyle you can live permanently.

This is better than using T3 as a quick fix. It is good however to use as an accelerant to a weightloss program. So using it to speed up progress for motivation. This is not your case as you're already very lean.

Other than that and contests, don't use it..you're lean enough, and you can't use it long-term.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
T3 is catabolic but not as bad as people think at a moderate dose 25-50mcg, over that and you need some anabolics to cover you. If 'I' were to do it i would do 12.5mcg for a week then 12.5 twice per day. if you need to bump up you could in 12.5 increments up to 50mcg the closer you get 50 is when you need to implement anti-catabolics.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
T3 is catabolic but not as bad as people think at a moderate dose 25-50mcg, over that and you need some anabolics to cover you. If 'I' were to do it i would do 12.5mcg for a week then 12.5 twice per day. if you need to bump up you could in 12.5 increments up to 50mcg the closer you get 50 is when you need to implement anti-catabolics.
A healthy adult male will produce about 20 to 25mcgarett of t3 a day why take just enough to shut down ones own natural production. Of course these numbers very but when speaking to more than one endocrinologist at top hospitals including two who work for Stanford medical. (My wife is in the medical field) thar was a generalized amount considered in normal serum levels

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Cytomel T3 Weight Loss
Natural T3 is a regulator of the oxidative metabolism of energy producing substrates (food or stored substrates like fat, muscle, and glycogen) by the mitochondria. The mitochondria, as you will recall from your high school biology class, are usually referred to as the "cells powerhouses" because they produce ATP. Taking Cytomel (supplemental T3) greatly increases the uptake of nutrients into the mitochondria and also their oxidation rate (i.e. the rate at which they are burned for energy), by increasing the activities of the enzymes involved in the oxidative metabolic pathway. Everything is working harder, in other words, and more fuel is needed to supplement this increased work rate. Therefore, as you can guess, taking supplemental Cytomel will increase your bodys energy demands. And if you are in a hypocaloric state, you will begin burning even fatter primarily due to an increase in ATP. This increased ATP causes an increase in overall metabolic activity. (8)(9)This is exactly what we want, and is why we would be taking thyroid hormones like Cytomel in the first place. If you arent taking anabolic steroids with your Cytomel, however, your body may start to eat away muscle to provide energy for you to function. Remember mitochondria/ATP arent very picky, but they are very efficient. What I mean by this is that they will use whatever is on hand to generate energy for your body to continue functioning, fat, protein, glucose; it doesnt matter to ATP, as long as theres something to give them energy. Taking this drug will increase their need to find something to burn to create this energy. Ergo, if we arent taking anabolic steroids while taking our T3, we may lose too much muscle, especially while dieting.
Thus we can see that there are many advantages to using Cytomel to optimize our metabolic rate. It will also increase your bodys ability to synthesize protein, but from what Ive seen personally, it acts as a catabolic when it isnt administered with anabolic steroids. It is often the last thing added into a precontest diet, as it has a reputation for getting rid of the last few percentages of bodyfat& the "sticky fat" as its called in bodybuilding, the fat that just doesnt want to leave you in the last few weeks of dieting. I think this is a poor use for this drug, and that it should be the first thing added into a diet to lose fat, as it will optimize your metabolic rate, which should be done at the outset of a diet, not after the calorie restriction has diminished your thyroid output and you are adding it in simply to replace what was lost.
Cytomel Side Effects
Unfortunately, in all of the studies Ive seen, T3 also increased growth hormone production. (5)(6) As we all know, GH is also a strongly lipolytic compound, and this is another mechanism by which T3 may exert its effects, although I suspect this would only be a small percentage of its overall effects. This being the case, it has always been somewhat problematic to me to note that when GH and T3 are used together, the increased nitrogen retention normally found with GH use is negated. (7). If you were only using T3 and GH this may be a problem, but as Ive already stated, you are going to need some anabolic agents if you are using T3. And as you have read previously, I recommend the veritable anabolic/lipolytic orgy of Insulin, T3, Anabolic Steroids, GH, and insulin, for 100% maximum results in minimal time.

On the brighter side, and of special note to dieters, administration of T3 has been shown to upregulate the beta 2 receptors in fat tissue. As you know clenbuterol and similar compounds downregulate this receptor, so using T3 with your clen will help stave off or reverse this downregulation. (1)(2)(3)(4). I would still recommend taking your benadryl every third week, though.
Going off Cytomel
Finally, I would like to address the issue of recovery of your natural thyroid function after you stop taking cytomel. The horror stories of people on permanent thyroid replacement just arent true. I remember a few years ago, the rumor was circulating that the current Ms.Fitness had permanently shut off her thyroid gland, and was now fat and on thyroid hormone permanently. This is just another horror story based in nothing but conjecture and rumor, the studies Ive looked at have shown people recovering their thyroid hormone relatively quickly (within months, at most) after going off of several YEARS (!) of thyroid replacement therapy (10)(11). I speculate that you can optimize your metabolic rate with Cytomel for 9-10 months a year, and just normalize yourself for 2-3 months (perhaps the winter, when you are mostly covered up), and then go right back on. Some people in the studies I read were on T3 for 30 years and recovered their natural thyroid function within short order. I think we can safely spend an athletic career using Cytomel 9-10 months out of the year, and just taking those few months off to normalize ourselves. Is this aggressive? Yes. Is this unsafe? NO.
Cytomel Profile References:
1. Catecholamines inhibit Ca(2+)-dependent proteolysis in rat skeletal muscle through beta(2)-adrenoceptors and cAMP. Navegantes LC, Resano NM, Migliorini RH, Kettelhut IC Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2001 Sep;281(3):E449-54
2. Regulation of human adipocyte gene expression by thyroid hormone J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002 Feb;87(2):630-4 Viguerie N, Millet L, Avizou S, Vidal H, Larrouy D, Langin D.
3. Alpha 2- and beta-adrenergic receptor binding and action in gluteal adipocytes from patients with hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism Metabolism 1987 Nov;36(11):1031-9 Richelsen B, Sorensen NS
4. Regulation of beta 1- and beta 3-adrenergic agonist-stimulated lipolytic response in hyperthyroid and hypothyroid rat white adipocytes Br J Pharmacol 2000 Feb;129(3):448-56. Germack R, Starzec A, Perret GY
5. Role of thyroid hormone in the control of growth hormone gene expression Braz J Med Biol Res 1994 May;27(5):1269-72. Volpato CB, Nunes MT.
6. Low-dose T(3) improves the bed rest model of simulated weightlessness in men and women. Am J Physiol 1999 Aug;277(2 Pt 1):E370-9 Lovejoy JC, Smith SR, Zachwieja JJ, Bray GA, Windhauser MM, Wickersham PJ, Veldhuis JD, Tulley R, de la Bretonne JA.
7. Effects of long-term growth hormone (GH) and triiodothyronine (T3) administration on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance in normal man. Wolthers T, Grofte T, Moller N, Vilstrup H, Jorgensen. J Hepatol 1996 Mar;24(3):313-9
8. Human Anatomy and Physiology, 6th Edition. John w. Hole jr.
9. Physicians Desk Reference
10. Recovery of pituitary thyrotropic function after withdrawal of prolonged thyroid-suppression therapy. N Engl J Med 1975 Oct 2;293(14):681-4 Vagenakis AG, Braverman LE, Azizi F, Portinay GI, Ingbar SH.
11. Patterns off recovery of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in patients taken of chronic thyroid therapy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1975 Jul;41(1):70-80 Krugman LG, Hershman JM, Chopra IJ, Levine GA, Pekary E, Geffner DL, Chua Teco GN

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tgb doesn't that study say exactly what I did t3 does not discriminate and you may end up losing too much muscle

Loneyboy

Banned
Awards
Hey guys.
I am currently 6'1 190lbs and about 12% body fat.. Here is a pic to put that into context

Pic

My question is could using t3 stand alone take me to the next level? And has anyone had any experience with it?

Any input helps! Thanks a lot
T3 raises your metabolism, basically the same as you eating way under your maintenance. This is not a good way to cut, as it would be very catabolic. Find something anabolic to run alongside it. If you want to lose weight, t3 alone would be effective, but if you just want to lose fat, you have to make sure you don't get too catabolic

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T3 raises your metabolism, basically the same as you eating way under your maintenance. This is not a good way to cut, as it would be very catabolic. Find something anabolic to run alongside it. If you want to lose weight, t3 alone would be effective, but if you just want to lose fat, you have to make sure you don't get too catabolic

BINGO

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Tgb doesn't that study say exactly what I did t3 does not discriminate and you may end up losing too much muscle
Yes if you use a high dose of t3 without anabolics and a high protein diet you will definitely lose tissue for sure.

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Would like to thank absolutely every one in there for sharing their 2 cents. I have decided not to run t3. I am currently on anabeta elite and DAA and it's actually starting to lean me out a little more. I would add in erase pro but it absolutely kills my libido

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Would like to thank absolutely every one in there for sharing their 2 cents. I have decided not to run t3. I am currently on anabeta elite and DAA and it's actually starting to lean me out a little more. I would add in erase pro but it absolutely kills my libido
add elimistane great product!

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
hmm I doubt il try it. Any estro blocker I've ever tried has killed my libido. I actually couldn't get hard on Erase pro
Damn have you tried running something like maca root while on an ai. Also iron champ is having some insane deals on their libido boosters right now, check the promo section for more info

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Damn have you tried running something like maca root while on an ai. Also iron champ is having some insane deals on their libido boosters right now, check the promo section for more info
I honestly am just going to stay away from them! I ran anabeta elite with erase pro and DAA and libido was shot. as soon as I dropped EP and continued with DAA and anabeta elite it went right back up

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Somewhat late response, but a few points to follow:

1) Like others have said, t3 is catabolic, but not at moderate doses. I used it for 10 days at 50mcg, however because I was in a drastic cutting phase (and at the tail end of it), I noticed a loss in strength. Did this translate to muscle loss, not according to the scale or the calipers. The loss in strength is probably due to t3 burning glycogen preferentially.

2) Always use pharma and never use RC.

3) I'd have to find the study, but you can theoretically dose 5mcg (yes 5mcg) every 4-5 hours without a loss in muscle and it will increase metabolism. This will not shutdown TSH, but will suppress endogenous T3 production.

4) If you're worried, you can always run it with some anabolics like others have mentioned. You don't have even have to go the test route. Epistane + T3 will suit you fine. Just don't cut the kcals too hard.

5) Recovery takes 2-5 weeks. Yes, 2 weeks is the norm, but there are some that take longer and since this is the internet, we don't have the knowledge/blood tests your GP/Endo might have. L-Tyrosine and Kelp will assist you in recovery as well as forskolin and ashwaganda (high dose these herbs).

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Somewhat late response, but a few points to follow: 1) Like others have said, t3 is catabolic, but not at moderate doses. I used it for 10 days at 50mcg, however because I was in a drastic cutting phase (and at the tail end of it), I noticed a loss in strength. Did this translate to muscle loss, not according to the scale or the calipers. The loss in strength is probably due to t3 burning glycogen preferentially. 2) Always use pharma and never use RC. 3) I'd have to find the study, but you can theoretically dose 5mcg (yes 5mcg) every 4-5 hours without a loss in muscle and it will increase metabolism. This will not shutdown TSH, but will suppress endogenous T3 production. 4) If you're worried, you can always run it with some anabolics like others have mentioned. You don't have even have to go the test route. Epistane + T3 will suit you fine. Just don't cut the kcals too hard. 5) Recovery takes 2-5 weeks. Yes, 2 weeks is the norm, but there are some that take longer and since this is the internet, we don't have the knowledge/blood tests your GP/Endo might have. L-Tyrosine and Kelp will assist you in recovery as well as forskolin and ashwaganda (high dose these herbs).
Thank you for this response. Did you gain weight back after you stopped using t3 I.e in the recovery phase? When you were suppressed

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for this response. Did you gain weight back after you stopped using t3 I.e in the recovery phase? When you were suppressed
I thought I did. A little known side-effect of T3 is that raises anxiety in some. With me, at 50mcg, I was a little batchit. Not crazy ex-girl batchit, but I was constantly overthinking the little things and I usually do not. So with that said, I thought I did judging by the mirror, but I had not. On top of that to quell my neurosis, I did 2 weeks of heavy cutting as a pre-caution with 1 weekly carb-up and I was fine. I also used 40-80mg of active forskolin as well as 2-3 grams of L-Tyrosine daily upon cessation for a month.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I thought I did. A little known side-effect of T3 is that raises anxiety in some. With me, at 50mcg, I was a little batchit. Not crazy ex-girl batchit, but I was constantly overthinking the little things and I usually do not. So with that said, I thought I did judging by the mirror, but I had not. On top of that to quell my neurosis, I did 2 weeks of heavy cutting as a pre-caution with 1 weekly carb-up and I was fine. I also used 40-80mg of active forskolin as well as 2-3 grams of L-Tyrosine daily upon cessation for a month.
How would you describe the fat loss experienced throughout your run? what kinds of calories were you eating?

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
How would you describe the fat loss experienced throughout your run? what kinds of calories were you eating?
1200 cals Mon through Wednesday
2000 cals Thursday
3500 cals Friday
2500 cals Saturday
2000 cals Sunday

These are rough calories and this was part of ud2, so these low cals are not uncommon.

1200 was low carb and the rest were high carb, low fat.

With that said, it got rid of my stubborn fat deposits. Could I have for this naturally? Probably, if I applied more tenacity to my weight loss efforts.

I also achieved that ripped, grainy look.

The overall mental experience though wasn't anything to write home about. I could've done with out it. And even though I have left over tabs, I don't think I'll be running it again. It is tempting though...

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was on t3 as my only fat burner for like 2.5 weeks at start of contest prep it Really really flattened me out

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1200 cals Mon through Wednesday
2000 cals Thursday
3500 cals Friday
2500 cals Saturday
2000 cals Sunday

These are rough calories and this was part of ud2, so these low cals are not uncommon.

1200 was low carb and the rest were high carb, low fat.

With that said, it got rid of my stubborn fat deposits. Could I have for this naturally? Probably, if I applied more tenacity to my weight loss efforts.

I also achieved that ripped, grainy look.

The overall mental experience though wasn't anything to write home about. I could've done with out it. And even though I have left over tabs, I don't think I'll be running it again. It is tempting though...
Interesting, ive never looked into T3 too much, always thought its something you would only consider when using a decent amount gear.