Want to recover from lumbar back injury using AAS

dragunov11

Awards
Hi Everyone,

Couple of days ago, I got a sharp back pain from just sitting in a car, same place where I was injured 3 years ago. This pain has occurred thrice before during the span, and upon getting a MRI, turns out I have L4-L5 , L5-S1 dehydrated posterior and bilateral bulging disc. Am usually very active and this injury has
again put a limit on my life. Last time i got this injury a year ago, I wasn't able to sit or walk for 3 weeks atleast. So for a year, I've worked a lot on my back flexibility and RoM to build the strength necessary to keep working out. However, this time during the pain, I haven't lost mobility and atleast I can get away with the essentials. Walking is still awkward with small steps, sideways. The MRI also indicates muscle spasm in the lumbar region.

Am 25 years old, 220 lbs on scale with 18% bf. I've decided to solve this problem yet again with exercise, however am considering taking help from AAS to not only recover faster, but in a way I haven't been able to do before.

From what I've read, Deca/Test-e , Boldenone (equipoise), IGF-1 LR3, PGF seem to be good candidates to help in recovery. I know there haven't been any research on discs and AAS as such, but even if I can get 10% better using AAS, am willing to try.

My physio says that I should'nt lift weights or if possible, skip gym for the next 6 months, which is not acceptable to me.

Your opinion would be very valuable.

Thanks

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At the end of the day what's more important to you? Taking time off now can give you the chance to not only strengthen but relearn and accommodate new movement mechanics and patterns to help keep those disks from getting worse. I don't think it's worth it and there are still a good deal of machines you could use effectively but I don't you would stick to those.

All in all I don't feel it's worth the risk at your age, I work in PT and have seen guys end up in wheelchairs, doing less... Worse case scenario yes, but nowadays ****s just not worth the risk at times

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No steroid will help your condition. I deal exclusively with these surgeries.

Try a chiro

dragunov11

Awards
Sorry I still come off as wanting to keep working out in all ways. What I actually mean is, am willing to take off time from lifting weights, even if that takes quite long. But I think I can still do exercises that require pull effort, like lateral pull downs, etc. Not any kind of seated rows, or any leg exercises. I can do chest exercises on bench as well, if I have a training partner putting on the weights.

I was researching on AAS/Peptides to help me mainly re-hydrate the discs and get some healing going. I've read one such research on IGF-1 that stops the degeneration of the discs in vitro to almost a complete stop.

Atleast there must be something that I can do to get better instead of discs remaining this way or getting worse ?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I still come off as wanting to keep working out in all ways. What I actually mean is, am willing to take off time from lifting weights, even if that takes quite long. But I think I can still do exercises that require pull effort, like lateral pull downs, etc. Not any kind of seated rows, or any leg exercises. I can do chest exercises on bench as well, if I have a training partner putting on the weights. I was researching on AAS/Peptides to help me mainly re-hydrate the discs and get some healing going. I've read one such research on IGF-1 that stops the degeneration of the discs in vitro to almost a complete stop. Atleast there must be something that I can do to get better instead of discs remaining this way or getting worse ?
Maybe NurseGray could help Ya out there. Sry if I came off as harsh and thanks for explaining deeper. Sadly there just isn't enough research or literature for this that I've found worth compelling towards your goal. At your age maintaining could become quite a task but ensuring it doesn't get worse is def a priority. I will continue to look for more knowledgable members for ya

dragunov11

Awards
Maybe NurseGray could help Ya out there. Sry if I came off as harsh and thanks for explaining deeper. Sadly there just isn't enough research or literature for this that I've found worth compelling towards your goal. At your age maintaining could become quite a task but ensuring it doesn't get worse is def a priority. I will continue to look for more knowledgable members for ya
Thanks :) . I know there isn't enough literature, but I don't mind being the first one either! The MRI result for me was a bit sudden. I've read on what it means, and conventionally there is no going back. I had a goal of hitting 250 lbs of body weight without aas. But I think all of that won't be possible now.

Thing is, last year when the injury had revoked and I couldn't walk for 3 weeks, after that I was able to recover step by step. I used to go gym everyday, trying to strengthen lower back muscles by stretching, slight movements on hyper extension. I built it up throughout the year very slowly. I was cautious at every lift I did, even when tying my shoe laces.

Its just that recently for a few months I'd been in really good shape, able to lift or pull quite a lot of weights. Got really good gains in size and weight, piling on 15 lbs of lean mass with decrease in bf for the past year. I think maybe its due to this that I am still walking. The pain is similar or a bit less than what was last time.

FNF5989

FNF5989

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick input for ya...don't mess with disks brother.they always win.take the time off your doc says.START STRETCHING.start easy, gradually working your way to using light bands, really work on mobility.

Source:Murse in school :)

dragunov11

Awards
Just a quick input for ya...don't mess with disks brother.they always win.take the time off your doc says.START STRETCHING.start easy, gradually working your way to using light bands, really work on mobility.

Source:Murse in school :)
I did do all of that last year after the injury. I know I'll be doing it again. Starting with simple leg raises on the bed, bridging exercises, tightening glutes and such. I had built enough mobility after last injury that I could bend like a normal person. But I guess that was just deception.

Been doing traction pulls at home, asking my gf to pull my legs bit by bit :p , as the physio showed. Then probably do very very light hyper extension, since I have a posterior bulge.

dragunov11

Awards
Another thing I've read is, Deca causes water retention in joints, which is good if it can re-hydrate my discs probably ?

FNF5989

FNF5989

Awards
  • Established
Have you thought about surgery?

Also,while using something "wet", you have to be careful for post cycle , as your body will then seem to dry up after, causing achenes(just from what I've seen). If anything, look into a sulfur supp. Should help with joints.

made2last

Awards
Sorry I still come off as wanting to keep working out in all ways. What I actually mean is, am willing to take off time from lifting weights, even if that takes quite long. But I think I can still do exercises that require pull effort, like lateral pull downs, etc. Not any kind of seated rows, or any leg exercises. I can do chest exercises on bench as well, if I have a training partner putting on the weights.

I was researching on AAS/Peptides to help me mainly re-hydrate the discs and get some healing going. I've read one such research on IGF-1 that stops the degeneration of the discs in vitro to almost a complete stop.

Atleast there must be something that I can do to get better instead of discs remaining this way or getting worse ?
I would definitely give it a shot (pun intended) for back pain they usually do core exercises and stretching which doesn't require anabolic type of steroids, however for discs they do inject corticosteroids into the space of the facets to reduce inflammation. Although I don't know if anabolics have an anti inflammatory effect, I do know weakness and pain usually go hand in hand and getting stronger through anabolics is something I personally WOULD try.

made2last

Awards
Hi Everyone,

Couple of days ago, I got a sharp back pain from just sitting in a car, same place where I was injured 3 years ago. This pain has occurred thrice before during the span, and upon getting a MRI, turns out I have L4-L5 , L5-S1 dehydrated posterior and bilateral bulging disc. Am usually very active and this injury has
again put a limit on my life. Last time i got this injury a year ago, I wasn't able to sit or walk for 3 weeks atleast. So for a year, I've worked a lot on my back flexibility and RoM to build the strength necessary to keep working out. However, this time during the pain, I haven't lost mobility and atleast I can get away with the essentials. Walking is still awkward with small steps, sideways. The MRI also indicates muscle spasm in the lumbar region.

Am 25 years old, 220 lbs on scale with 18% bf. I've decided to solve this problem yet again with exercise, however am considering taking help from AAS to not only recover faster, but in a way I haven't been able to do before.

From what I've read, Deca/Test-e , Boldenone (equipoise), IGF-1 LR3, PGF seem to be good candidates to help in recovery. I know there haven't been any research on discs and AAS as such, but even if I can get 10% better using AAS, am willing to try.

My physio says that I should'nt lift weights or if possible, skip gym for the next 6 months, which is not acceptable to me.

Your opinion would be very valuable.

Thanks
Anabolics helped me get off of Benzos, it managed the heightened anxiety I had from withdrawing from Benzos which is some serious stuff, ppl can die or go into seizures from benzo withdrawal. I don't know if anabolics have ever been used to treat addiction but I know for fact that it worked for me, I haven't done any drugs in over 15 years (I did put an order for some prohormones tho lol) so I consider the treatment successful.

dragunov11

Awards
Have you thought about surgery?

Also,while using something "wet", you have to be careful for post cycle , as your body will then seem to dry up after, causing achenes(just from what I've seen). If anything, look into a sulfur supp. Should help with joints.
True bro. I'll thoroughly research on what can be done for PCT as well. Btw, am not planning on high doses, just possibly 200mg/wk or even less if it works. I just don't want to do everything same like last year and end up like this again.

Surgery is a last option for me. Anyway, I don't have any nerve pains whatsoever. Even the last time my injury had flared up, I had sciatica nerve pain for about 2 months, mild, thats it. Workout out had gotten rid of it.

dragunov11

Awards
I would definitely give it a shot (pun intended) for back pain they usually do core exercises and stretching which doesn't require anabolic type of steroids, however for discs they do inject corticosteroids into the space of the facets to reduce inflammation. Although I don't know if anabolics have an anti inflammatory effect, I do know weakness and pain usually go hand in hand and getting stronger through anabolics is something I personally WOULD try.
Deca is especially known to have anti-inflammatory effects. I agree with your getting stronger part. 4 days ago, only way I was able to keep walking after getting out of the car was possibly my back muscles I had developed over the year. After the 3rd day of injury, all my back muscles are sore as if I did a back day at gym. While trying to get up from bed, it takes all my power to keep weight off of my lower back. I think this can be considered a workout as well :D

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anabolics helped me get off of Benzos, it managed the heightened anxiety I had from withdrawing from Benzos which is some serious stuff, ppl can die or go into seizures from benzo withdrawal. I don't know if anabolics have ever been used to treat addiction but I know for fact that it worked for me, I haven't done any drugs in over 15 years (I did put an order for some prohormones tho lol) so I consider the treatment successful.
I'm sure you're just joking, but using steroids to "treat" benzo withdrawal is just about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Ok so my input. As much as you DONT want to hear this. Do exactly what your physical says to do. You can disrupt a disk simply bending over let alone lifting any weight or band work for that matter. This is not an injury you want to play with similar to an ankle injury. You may fell fine today but what you do in the gym could set you back another three months. Getting on gear is fine IMO but using it to heal only. I know it sounds sinful but if your trying to use it for healing properties anyway it shouldn't matter to you trying to get more gains while on cycle. The YOYO effect you have been mentioning just sounds like you are putting yourself on the road for a very bad year if you don't go about this the right way. Take the time off of the gym. Your muscles will still be there when you get back.

dragunov11

Awards
Ok so my input. As much as you DONT want to hear this. Do exactly what your physical says to do. You can disrupt a disk simply bending over let alone lifting any weight or band work for that matter. This is not an injury you want to play with similar to an ankle injury. You may fell fine today but what you do in the gym could set you back another three months. Getting on gear is fine IMO but using it to heal only. I know it sounds sinful but if your trying to use it for healing properties anyway it shouldn't matter to you trying to get more gains while on cycle. The YOYO effect you have been mentioning just sounds like you are putting yourself on the road for a very bad year if you don't go about this the right way. Take the time off of the gym. Your muscles will still be there when you get back.
Agree with the bending part. The current resurfacing of the injury happened by me just sitting in the car with a bit more speed than I usually sit (I was in a hurry, though couldn't go at all) .
Since the past 3 years, even though I didn't knew what my injury was on MRI, i learnt not to bend at the back. Over the last year though I've developed quite some flexibility in the back, and good back strength, which even the physio was surprised to see.
I get that if am getting on gear, why not get something out of it instead of just healing. So then when I do return back to gym with proper movement, I'd start with a complete cycle. According to my physio, I just had a talk with him on phone, I indeed can do few workouts that don't at all involve the lower back or putting any weight on it. But thats after 2 weeks he said, and starting with just the basics.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Actually you do have nerve pain. A buldging disc hurts because the disl matter protrudes into the spinal cord. Also, when a disc degenerates, the lamina compresses the posterior motor and sensory nerves.

Your best bet is tb4 to reduce inflammation and possibly slow down degeneration. There is nothing in the world now known to repair discs.

A chiro can help alleviate the pain through decompression

dragunov11

Awards
Actually you do have nerve pain. A buldging disc hurts because the disl matter protrudes into the spinal cord. Also, when a disc degenerates, the lamina compresses the posterior motor and sensory nerves.

Your best bet is tb4 to reduce inflammation and possibly slow down degeneration. There is nothing in the world now known to repair discs.

A chiro can help alleviate the pain through decompression
Well, after the 3rd day of resurfacing injury, the disc or back area doesn't hurt, nor does the leg nerve. Physio attributes that to the fact that
the bulge is not much since the last time a year ago, and my back is in better shape.

The reason my physio asked me to avoid gym is so that I don't do some movement by mistake that might aggravate the condition.

made2last

Awards
Yea I didn't mean going in there and start throwing weights around, but probably a lot of core with some light weights, id probably also use a lower dose than I would for bulking.

made2last

Awards
I hear you on that, but its funny that I actually went on Benzos as I was coming off a cycle, and after several attempts to stop cold turkey It dawned on me to reverse what I've done. I feel my addiction to Benzos was partly attributed to that alpha, feeling of well being feeling going away after finishing my cycle, and i replaced that good feeling with benzos, stupid i know, but know one says "hey I'm going to be a crack head or a junkie" one day. And the fact that theres TONS of drugs used for off label use, makes my statement a lot less "Ridiculous" HCG that ppl use for in here is Off label use, Gabapentin, used for nerve pain, that was a seizure medication. Not as ridiculous as you may think, but I understand what your saying.