How will prohormones affect me? I have Hyperthyroidism.

TCW49

Awards
How will prohormones affect me? I have Hyperthyroidism. I currently take levothroxine. I was just curious what something like m-sten would do to me.
I would be taking it alone at the highest of 16 mg. Please help as I would like to start soon.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
That sounds like a question for your doctor brother. I have zero idea what would happen.

TCW49

Awards
No one seems to have the answer as I have searched and searched. It's kinda a grey area that no one seems to talk about. I know that some users actually use what I use t3 levothroxine as a weight loss supplement.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
No one seems to have the answer as I have searched and searched. It's kinda a grey area that no one seems to talk about. I know that some users actually use what I use t3 levothroxine as a weight loss supplement.
ya but seeing as how your thyroid is responsible for the natural production of t3 and t4 as well as it playing a part in hormone regulation I am not sure how suppressing your bodys hormones will make your thyroid react. I tried looking into it but like you said there really isnt a clear cut answer. So my best advice would be to have a frank discussion with your doctor about the possible problems that could come up with anabolic use.

TCW49

Awards
I appreciate it maybe someone with experience in the area will chime in.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have graves disease?

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Well Do you have a thyroid or did you do iodine treatment?

Do you take synthroid daily???

This is what matters the most

TCW49

Awards
I take synthroid daily and yes, I still have my throid

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Okay so you don't have graves disease.
Well What I know, being in current graduate study of mammalian physiology.
Synthroid is replacement for the thyroxine.
Im not sure how anabolics would interacts with synthetic thyroxine molecules. Like if you arent producing your own, in theory since your growth and metabolism is speed up on cycle, You may not get very much increased growth but strength gains.

Probably not worth it. IM no doctor.
But highblood pressure could be super bad. And I know how the negative feedback that synthroid has on the release of TRH and TSH. So if you are ( in theory ) using up the synthetic thyroxine faster, then there will not be enough negative feed back and you will go back into the hyperthyroid state.

And with high blood pressure from hyperthyroidism and with a methylated compound it could be a nightmare.

Talk to a doctor. But definitely dont experiment with this unless being medically supervised and maybe adjusted synthroid dose

TCW49

Awards
Maybe someone else will come along with some more background info thanks!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Damn zeezee spitting some knowledge right there.

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Damn zeezee spitting some knowledge right there.
Thanks Brotha :) I mean I should know my stuff I have two undergrad degrees and studying Mammalian physiology in a grad program and intend to go to med school if all goes right. Major focus on pharma interaction. Dont talk much about steroids though ahahahahah

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
do you have HYPER or HYPOthyroidism?

only reason i ask is people are usually prescribed Synthroid (Myself included) for HYPO. Hyper would mean your thyroid is overactive, hypo is under active.

i'm sure that would make a big difference

TCW49

Awards
do you have HYPER or HYPOthyroidism?

only reason i ask is people are usually prescribed Synthroid (Myself included) for HYPO. Hyper would mean your thyroid is overactive, hypo is under active.

i'm sure that would make a big difference
I have hyper

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If you have hyperthyroidism and are using synthroid by doctors orders your thyroid hormones should be currently normalized.

Treatment of hyperthyroidism is essentially to kill off the thyroid gland and replace the hormone synthetically with thyroxine (synthroid)

Using anabolics should pose no additional issues for you but bloodwork is still advised to be safe.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Yeah I don't see it effecting you much since the medication should keep your thyroid normal. But I'm Dr but I agree with Driven2lift

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How will prohormones affect me? I have Hyperthyroidism. I currently take levothroxine. I was just curious what something like m-sten would do to me.
I would be taking it alone at the highest of 16 mg. Please help as I would like to start soon.
That would cause them to have the opposite effect.
Instead of bigger an stronger, you get smaller and weaker.

50% fact, 50%magic 100% bs

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Realistically, steroids lower thyroid hormones.

TCW49

Awards
I do not comprehend? Are you trying to use sarcasm or be serious.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
All we can give u is brohelp, u need real medical advice.

TCW49

Awards
I understand that, but surely someone else has had a thyroid disease and taken prohormones or knows someone who has. Either one of those options or someone has had medical expierence has went through this. I am just wanting to here opinions and examples. I was also just asking if he was being sarcastic as he wasn't very clear in his post

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If anything OP is at less of a risk as his thyroid gland should have been killed off as part of treatment and as such steroids can have no effect on their production.

However there may be an accelerated rate of their use with increased protein turnover rates and such. This is why I suggested bloodwork during the cycle just to be safe.

TCW49

Awards
If anything OP is at less of a risk as his thyroid gland should have been killed off as part of treatment and as such steroids can have no effect on their production.

However there may be an accelerated rate of their use with increased protein turnover rates and such. This is why I suggested bloodwork during the cycle just to be safe.
I still have my thyroid and I Dont have graves so they didn't try to kill it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I still have my thyroid and I Dont have graves so they didn't try to kill it.
I don't understand why they are giving you additional thyroid hormone then, if you are hyper

TCW49

Awards
If I come off of it ..... it makes feel like I am on my death bed

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
so that's gotta by hypothryoidism, not hyper.

do you have blood test results? like t4, t3, rT3, t3 free, TSH, etc that way we can better understand your situation

TCW49

Awards
I do somewhere and no its hyperthyroidism you can google the symptoms and I get just about everyone of them

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I do somewhere and no its hyperthyroidism you can google the symptoms and I get just about everyone of them
Post your test results if you don't mind, it would allow us to help better

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
I GOT YOUR BACK dude

ALRIGHT GUYS listen; ill take you on a mammalian physiology journey. Yes I am qualified.

THere are a few different types of hyperthyroidism.... Graves disease is where the thyroid istelf is hyperactive via FSH. So the only way to fix that is by iodine treatment and destruction.

The other types are caused by hypothalamus secreting too much TRH
or the pituitary hyper secreting TSH.... Do you follow?

IN these two cases the THYROID isn't the culprit for the origin of malfunction... The malfunction is delocalized and in the conduction pathway of the thyroids metabolism.

SO in these cases HE would NOT need to kill his thyroid. HE would have to take a drug to inhibit production of thyroid activating hormones on the regulation pathway.

SO he takes a drug, Which in none- graves hyperthyriodism functions to control the negative feed back mechanism and lower release of TSH...
Synthriod in this case actually can act as either an inhibitor at the thyroid by lower binding of FSH

or it can increase the suppression of TRH in the hypothalamus via negative feedback loops

There are MANY MANY MANY complications that can cause hyper or hypo thyroidism... I think most people assume that he has hashimodos or graves being those are the most common.

BACK to my point:
If the function of his synthroid is to cause suppression of TRH, the anabolics will use of that synthetically MORE BIO-reactive Thyroxine ( synthroid)

Thus the synthroid will not be able to do its job as a activator of the negative feedback look for the hypothalumus...

Therefor he will REVERT to a hyperthyroid state (in this case where the thyroid itself is hyperactive)

I really feel I am qualified- I am in grad school focusing study on mammalian physiology..

Thank you

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I GOT YOUR BACK dude

ALRIGHT GUYS listen; ill take you on a mammalian physiology journey. Yes I am qualified.

THere are a few different types of hyperthyroidism.... Graves disease is where the thyroid istelf is hyperactive. So the only way to fix that is by iodine treatment and destruction.

The other types are caused by hypothalamus secreting too much TRH
or the pituitary hyper secreting TSH.... Do you follow?

IN these two cases the THYROID isn't the culprit for the origin of malfunction... The malfunction is delocalized and in the conduction pathway of the thyroids metabolism.

SO in these cases HE would NOT need to kill his thyroid. HE would have to take a drug to inhibit production of thyroid activating hormones on the regulation pathway.

SO he takes a drug, Which in none- graves hyperthyriodism functions to control the negative feed back mechanism and lower release of TSH...
Synthriod in this case actually can act as either an inhibitor at the thyroid by lower binding of FSH

or it can increase the suppression of TRH in the hypothalamus via negative feedback loops

There are MANY MANY MANY complications that can cause hyper or hypo thyroidism... I think most people assume that he has hashimodos or graves being those are the most common.

BACK to my point:
If the function of his synthroid is to cause suppression of TRH, the anabolics will use of that synthetically MORE BIO-reactive Thyroxine ( synthroid)

Thus the synthroid will not be able to do its job as a activator of the negative feedback look for the hypothalumus...

Therefor he will REVERT to a hyperthyroid state (in this case where the thyroid itself is hyperactive)

I really feel I am qualified- I am in grad school focusing study on mammalian physiology..

Thank you
damn good read! learned a lot right there, reps for you sir

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Was aware of the negative feedback loop and effects just haven't seen it as an actual treatment method for hyper, it is not listed as a treatment method on the top online sources.

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Was aware of the negative feedback loop and effects just haven't seen it as an actual treatment method for hyper, it is not listed as a treatment method on the top online sources.
I incorrectly stated something in my paragraph

this is an excert from an Rx encyclopedia
Levothyroxine is also effective in the suppression of pituitary TSH secretion in the treatment or prevention of various types of euthyroid goiters, including thyroid nodules, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, multinodular goiter and, as adjunctive therapy in the management of thyrotropin-dependent well-differentiated thyroid cancer (see INDICATIONS AND USAGE, PRECAUTIONS, and DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION).

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
So Like i stated he is most likely taking it to reduce secretion from his pituitary which would interm lower the amount of hormone the thyroid releases leaving a more bio reactive synthroid which will take precedence over the existing endogenous thyroxine while the existing is used slowely but the TSH no longer allows its release

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So Like i stated he is most likely taking it to reduce secretion from his pituitary which would interm lower the amount of hormone the thyroid releases leaving a more bio reactive synthroid which will take precedence over the existing endogenous thyroxine while the existing is used slowely but the TSH no longer allows its release
100% hear you and agree,
I just would have assumed OP would have known if he had a goiter or thyrotoxicosis and have mentioned that

He doesn't seem to understand his own condition fully.

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Thyroidisms caused by the pituitary gland are less common though, accounting for less than 10% of all hypothyroidism cases and much less than 1% of hyperthyroidism cases.[2][3]

This is from wikipedia... he has a pituitary base thyroidism.... Not treated the same as thyroid based. They are rare. you dont hear about them as much.
It also states that is used to reduce secretion from his pituitary OR treat those other conditions

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
AND under disease treatment it wouldnt be under Hyperthyroid treatments

This disease is hyperpituitarothydroidism not hyperthyroidism.. Hyperthyroidism in this case is probably how is doctor described is thyroid state to him

THESE are my interpretations of his given information. I AM doing my best not to doubt the OP and exercise all possibilities. You doctor is obviously more knowledgable than me. But i am giving you what i can for what i was given.

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
the preceding disease would be listen under a section labeled Pituitary diseases

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
My hypo is pituitary based so I hear you ;)

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Moral of the story is he probably would be okay. He might just be a little more hyperthyroid than usual hahaha.
OP would definitely not be at risk for death as long as their is no drug interaction because he does indeed have a thyroid. Worst case scenario i say you would be come a more hyperthyroid

TCW49

Awards
OP would definitely not be at risk for death as long as their is no drug interaction because he does indeed have a thyroid. Worst case scenario i say you would be come a little more hyperthyroid
So you guys would infact think it would be fine if I took a prohormone also.....that is indeed how my doctor explained it.... I had an American doctor then I changed to a knew one do to the other one moving away to a farther more active town and now I have one that is alittle harder to understand even when asking questions.

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
You wont die, i guess is what im saying haha

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
I honestly after further investigating interaction and doing a lot of research to find interactions with anabolics... Since synthroid is structurally identical to less active t4. I think you will be fine.

if it was me i would probably do it, and stop if it was bad.

But dont do it cuz i said that