Nolvadex On Cycle: Positives and Negatives?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

I've gotten paranoid about what aromatization can do for me. (When I was taking pro-hormones, others could notice how needy I became and how much my blood pressure went up and how much water I retained, simply with these over-the-counter supplements).

So, with even non-aromatizable compounds like low-dose oxandrolone, I still used Nolvadex.

1. What are the positives and negatives of doing one pill of nolvadex on-cycle?

(I've heard it's IGF-1 goes down a little; but, it's elevated anyway with any testosterone supplementation).

2. By blocking estrogen (including in the brain) could nolvadex cause or exacerbate the psychological side effects of these compounds?

I just want to make sure that the addition of nolvadex doesn't make things worse.

tepidwang

Awards
i know some people who respond to nolvadex great and love to take some on cycle. a lot of people experience terrible sides while taking novla though. nolva on cycle for estro-related sides is an old-school idea, now there are way better things in our arsenal we have available today like AI's to lower our estrogen instead of merely mitigating some estro-related side effects. letro and arimidex are good if you're dealing with high estrogen. i peronally use letro for on cycle estrogen control and it works great. i know a lot of people are using asin nowadays but i've heard of accounts of healthy 20 something year old kids taking asin and having strokes (one of the rare known side effects). always run a test base, get bloods on cycle 5 weeks in, and run an AI on cycle.

damn shame

damn shame

Awards
No way do you need to run letro with a non-aromatizing steroid. I would not even take nolvadex unless you got signs of gyno which are highly unlikely especially at the doses you are talking about taking in another thread.

tepidwang

Awards
Even if the steroid doesn't aromatize, your testosterone shuts down and estrogen becomes predominant causing all sorts of problems. I was also assuming he was running a test base, I thought this was a no-brainer but apparently it's not here and there's lots of people messing themselves up with powerful oral steroids without any exogenous testosterone to keep their bodies running normally after their shutdown.

MuscleJ

Awards
Is this the fifth thread in what a few days asking same questions drawn out. One pill of nolvadex won't hurt. Some people do small doses of Nolva if they run out of a on cycle to keep sides at bay and I have seen any issue with them, the. Again there weren't being treated by a doc wasn't having a EEG or other test done while they took the Nolva so I doubt any one can give you 100% accurate info on that .

Hi Everyone,

I've gotten paranoid about what aromatization can do for me. (When I was taking pro-hormones, others could notice how needy I became and how much my blood pressure went up and how much water I retained, simply with these over-the-counter supplements).

So, with even non-aromatizable compounds like low-dose oxandrolone, I still used Nolvadex.

1. What are the positives and negatives of doing one pill of nolvadex on-cycle?

(I've heard it's IGF-1 goes down a little; but, it's elevated anyway with any testosterone supplementation).

2. By blocking estrogen (including in the brain) could nolvadex cause or exacerbate the psychological side effects of these compounds?

I just want to make sure that the addition of nolvadex doesn't make things worse.