Test P only, started my first cycle

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
I just started my first cycle with lots of research first, im going to log it here and probably seek some support and probably have some questions as i go. I chose test p because i train mma, and i could easily obtain it. Supposedly less bloat, shorter cycles, minimal shin and back pumps.My cycle is as simple as it gets besides running a long ester for less pinning.

Week 1-6: 100mg test p eod

Week 5-7: Disel Test Hardcore 7 caps daily

Week 7-9 (actually 5 days after last shot): Nolva 40mg/day

Week 10-12: Nolva 20mg/day

Im 36 and been lifting and conditioning on and off since I was in high school, my goal is deffinetly not to get huge im a smaller guy, and when you work a labor intensive job lift weights and train mma its not going to leave you much space to try to gain weight. My lower back is overworked and my legs also have been over worked over the years those areas are why im doing this now. All my other muscles are strong. I took the month off mma for this. I feel like i jumped the gun a little by doing the cycle now because i still have been seeing improvment but it is what it is.

GOALS:
- improve vertical jump to feel natural again
- condition lower back so i can work back raises back into my regular routine
- reach old PR's (not that far away now)
- mental boost and drive while on cycle

my workout plan again simple as it gets:

no set days just in this order for each time im ready to workout again, may take 5 days may take 10 depending on recovery speed

day 1:
pylometrics

day 2:
squats
deadlifts
shoulders/delts
calves
neck conditioning

day 3:
back
bis
stomach

day 4:
chest
tris
forearms

Diet:
breakfast: whole grain oatmeal wit fruit or ham, egg, cheese bagles(2) with grits or potatoes

lunch: 2 lbs cooked spinach or greens, tuna sandwich on whole wheat w/flax, potatoe(1)

dinner: chicken quarter(2), sweet potatoe(2), mixed vegtables (1/2 pound)

I know i wont do perfect but try to keep rule of low fat, high protien, and moderate carbs. Im gonna take some fish oil everyday too.

also alot of my lifting partners over the years who juiced would frequently suddenly have the urge to do full body workouts when on, not all of them did but alot of them did so i dont know if my plan is gonna suddenly change because im planing something i have no experience with and only what i read and observed, and my experience you usually learn what not to do the first time you do something. I'll attach some current pics so i can do a before and after as soon as i can. iI also might run the cycle as long as 10 weeks depending on if gains are still coming in.

1417232579600.jpg

Last edited:
T

tepidwang

Awards
drugs:
i hope you have a real AI in hand. my first cycle of test P some inflammed tissue in my chest start to flare up around week 2-3. estrogen was so high I felt like I was having man periods. letrozole is real nice to have on hand if you're sensitive to estrogen. totally nuked the gyno scare in a week with it and dialed it in with a small amount every 3 days. also, you will find out that test only cycles aren't going to blow you up freaky huge, but the gains you make from them are quality. i can't stress enough how important it is to keep your estro in check ON CYCLE with a real AI, not some OTC ****! another question, why are you taking a test booster on cycle? you're going to be shut down regardless

diet:
you should eat more, otherwise you're not going to really see great effects from just 350mg/wk of test p. upping your carbs and taking in some more protein with something like egg whites will allow you to put on a few quality pounds in a few weeks easy.

training:
you're going to see SERIOUS strength gains in a couple of weeks. this is wear test really shines. take it easy on your joints though, don't go overboard.

looking good man. good luck with everything.

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
thanks for the advice, but i thought i could just take some nolva if estrogen symptoms were a bother, also the "diesel test" makes your nuts get big quick when you take it as a supplement, so i thought it might help:afro:

also today is day 5 and ive been eating more than i planned to today, I could just be hungry

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
If your worried about estrogen issues just low dose Nolva throughout and don't bother with an AI, save it for pct..

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
i dont have an ai, i was hoping if i had any bothersome estro sides i could take nolva until it subsided then take it again for pct i wanted to keep this cycle as simple as possible being my first

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
ok day 5, just finished my plyometrics workout (p90x) i feel a little nauseous, that s*** is intense, well im about ready to eat some leftover turkey for dinner. I knew their was gonna be alot more injections in this cycle but i didnt know they were going to be so sore for 2 days after each injection, s*** man! And of course i injected quads first.:laugh2: Ive read people can tell their on test p anywhere from 24 hours to 2 weeks after starting, i don't know who to belive, but no problem im just gonna stick with the plan and wait and see if i turn into the hulk or not. The only thing ive noticed is ive been hungry today but that happens alot anyhow, and ive been thinking about p**sy today, but that happens alot too. Someone said not to expect much from 350mg of test p a week but i only weigh 162, and its my first time, I think it should be good, i have enough test p to do more if I should be, so if anyone has experience with test p, if you could let me know if 350 is ok.

T

tepidwang

Awards
estro: nolva for on cycle estrogen maintenance is not up to date with what we have available today. sure nolva on cycle can actually be awesome and a lot of old school heads do it but it doesn't eliminate your real problem which is having out of control estrogen which puts you at greater risks for things like heart problems and stroke in the long run. having high estrogen is bad for your health, it's not just about using a serm to avoid gyno. an AI will drop your e2 down to healthy levels and AI's are even used in doctor prescribed TRT regimens. some people love nolva though and have a great reaction to it while others have terrible sides. AIs during PCT aren't necessary, it's better to nuke your estro before PCT.

tl;dr taking nolva on cycle will not eliminate your out of control estrogen levels, it will just mask some symptoms and reduce chance of gyno. proactive AI on cycle is a much more modern and clinically supported approach.

test: you will "feel" test p within the first week and huge strength gains will show in the first couple of weeks, EOD injections for test P are fine but ED injections taken at the same time will keep bloods much more stable and make you feel a lot better and reduce sides. 350mg of test P is not going to turn you into the hulk, but if you up your carbs, eat regularly, and stick to a consistent training routine you can see QUALITY gains of 1lb per week at this level. also, i reccomend glutes (learn to do a glute shot, not in the fatt of your butt but a little to the side where the muscle is). put your vial in a ziploc bag and run it under hot water for a minute, do a glute shot and it will slide in and have minimal PIP. i've had horrible test P PIP in my delts but found the glutes are nice and painless if you heat it up beforehand.

BTW may I ask why you're doing squats and deads on the same day? that's pretty hardcore. if you want to take some sweet advantage of the strength gains test gives i'd move the deads to back day so you're not doing 2 heavy compound movements on the same day and will see better gains in both exercises.

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
thanks for the info brotha! you just confirmed what my partime lifting partner said about moving deadlifts to another day, so im gonna shuffle my routine around a little bit, also about pining the glutes, rite now my pins are only 1/2" and I dont think thats long enough for glutes i think ill be ok w/ choice of quads/tris/delts/calves pain is gone from first shot but if i need ill get longer pins

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
day 6: worked back and bis, ran out of steem and skipped abs for today, not feeling anything yet, lifts havent went up or down really, i ate alot today just because I was pretty hungry, the only unusual thing ive noticed is i was thirsty as f*** and drank 3/4 gallon of water during my workout and my face feels hot a little bit

T

tepidwang

Awards
Yeah I use 1.5" for glutes. Delts can hurt with test P, cover vial in a ziplock bag and run hot water over it for a minute and it should go in as smooth as butter though. Have an AI on hand like arimidex or letrozole hopefully the temperature fluctuations you're having aren't a result of high estro. The letro I have from Rui is legit.

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
day 8: just finished workout( squats/shrugs/delt flys/back & sides of neck/calve raises ) just ate 2 sweet potatoes, 2 regular potatoes, 1/2 pound of corn, & 2 chicken quarters with fish oil... so far no increase in strength, or since of well being, no weight gain, no acne, no oily skin and rite now ive been on 100 eod test p except i did an extra shot the second day so including this morning ive pinned 5 times, i figured that if test p only stays active in your system for a max of something between 3 and 5 days that i would of noticed something by now, unless its underdosed which could still cause shutdown but not nessissarly do much for me, so i decided to start with 75 ed as of tommarrow morning. Id rather do 150 eod but my pins only hold 1ml

T

tepidwang

Awards
Move to ED injections and up the dose to 80mg a day. ED injections keep the blood levels more stable. By the second week of Test P I have noticeable strength increases.

T

tepidwang

Awards
I think you're mistaking me for someone else.... That's not my first cycle thread. I notice test p's strength gains by the second week. I'm sorry you're an idiot who got ripped off or expect test to be some sort of magic and just attack experienced people who try to give you advice

T

Travenberger

Awards
Only 6 weeks of test? Waste of a cycle and for first cycle prop??!?

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
edited my post, sorry about that, theirs 2 tepidwangs on here i thought something wasnt adding up

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
your right i was mistaking for someone else, i thought you were feeding me a line until i realized theirs 2 tepidwangs that have seperate threads im really sorry

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
Yesterday when somebody gave me advice on my thread about their expericence with test prop i thought i seen a thread they started about "first cycle, opinions" so i said to them basically "how you gonna give me your experience if you dont have any, i read your thread about first cycle, what do you think i am an idiot?" thats what i said but in a more rude way, turns out i guess i was the idiot because i didnt understand the format for the forum, i seen a picture of someone next to each thread with a name beside it and i thought this name was the person who started the thread, its actually only the name of the last person who posted on that thread, the name of the person who starts a thread is listed next to where it says "thread started by:" I feel pretty embarrased and i owe an apology.... next time i think I know something ill try to wait berfore i open my mouth and make a fool of myself. My apologies.

ill log today later on after day is through, off to work.

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
day 9: jus finished workout (flatbench/incline dumbell press/dips/pushup burnouts/tricec press/reverse grip tricep press/forearms) today was first day of ed injections, nothing yet, down 1 pound from start day

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
day 11: all i did for workout today was some power training, i dragged the trampoline back and forth across the backyard as fast as i could until i felt sick, took a break and did it again, and again, great for explosive power. ive been noticing a few hairs coming off my head, like just litterally 5 or 6 hairs when i shook my hair over the sink, and slightly itchy scalp, i also finally gained 3 pounds and my face looks a little fuller, but ive forced myself to eat like a horse in the past 11 days, and today i took a break from my diet and went and got some bbq ribs, and i weighed 166 from 162 from the day i started. today no pip, i ran the pin under hot water, took shot, then jumped in the shower and ran the water over the site of shot as hot as i possibly could stand it for about 10 minutes then i slowly flexed that muscle back and forth for about 5 minutes, and no pip to really speak of, compared to not being able to lift with that muscle for 3 days, also since the 8th day ive pinned ed 100mg not knowing if my testp was underdosed or not. After i took a nap today i felt great when i woke up, i feel full of life, and my body feels fuller, i havent experienced any strength gains yet but with the way i felt today im feeling optimistic that everything is going well, no acne which is strange because i usually always have sum, but if i start experiencing alot of bloat or acne ill, back dose down a little. Something ive noticed that i wasnt sure about until i was able to see it as a pattern is about 9 hours after i pin i usually feel good and calm like thats when the test is really taking effect and that seems to last about mabee 6 hours. So i try to utilize that time with stretching and breathing to attempt to feed my muscles more nutrients and oxygen while the hormone feels like its at its peak. I feel i may have been overtraining because ive been nothing but sore and tired from head to toe since i started until i took it easy today and yesterday and ate some soul food, and took a nap, now i feel great. oh well back on the grind tommarrow, probably be sore all over again for another week solid, one more thing; my opnion on testosterone has changed since i started, i used to think you take a shot and become superman, now i think its more like any other good supplement out their, if you train, eat rite, and sleep rite, you might gain 1/2 pound in a month of lbm, but you do that also with a good choice of supplements you might gain 1 or 1 1/2 pounds in a month of lbm but either way you got to train hard, eat rite, and sleep rite or no testosterone, or any other supplement is gonna add any lasting results, its not magic. you still got to work for it! mabee my opnion will change again we'll see.

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
15: im up 7 pounds, my muscles deffinetly look fuller, but my strenght is going down, im having to workout with about 15% less weight in all my sets, thats not good considering i do mma which is going to bump me up a weight class and be weaker than i was at the lower weight class, my goal was to gain as much strength as possible with as little weight gain as possible, i made the rookie mistake of not having a AI, i have exemestane coming tommarow or thurs, hoping mabee some of this is due to estro related and that exemestane will ko it, anybody have any ideas on what could cause my symptoms" weakness, lack of pump, lethargy, libido is unchanged"

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
15: im up 7 pounds, my muscles deffinetly look fuller, but my strenght is going down, im having to workout with about 15% less weight in all my sets, thats not good considering i do mma which is going to bump me up a weight class and be weaker than i was at the lower weight class, my goal was to gain as much strength as possible with as little weight gain as possible, i made the rookie mistake of not having a AI, i have exemestane coming tommarow or thurs, hoping mabee some of this is due to estro related and that exemestane will ko it, anybody have any ideas on what could cause my symptoms" weakness, lack of pump, lethargy, libido is unchanged"
You stressed?
Eating enough?
Sleeping?
It's weird that you are gaining weight but not strength.
Are you planning on getting blood work?

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
thanks for the reply Thyrod, ive been a stressed for sure considering this is my first cycle and not knowing what to expect, been forcing myself to eat alot more than I usually do, latley ive had a very hard time going to sleep at night until a couple days ago I started taking melatonin an hour before i go to bed, and ive been waking up feeling alot better than before. I went to go get blood work and i was having trouble with my promo code with an account my faimly has with a lab, without the code its an extra $120 for (sensitive e2, serium testosterone and free testosterone, and hdl/ldl) so ive been trying to get that straightened out. My exemestane did come in the mail today, I mixed 25mg in a glass of OJ, hopefully this helps.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I was about to ask why the heck you picked testp... NVM! haha
Keep it up buddy!! :)

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Go to privatemdlabs get the female hormone test cost 50 bucks. Easy as well

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
After my last cycle that I just got off test p. I don't think I'll ever run a long Ester cycle again. My recovery this cycle was miraculous

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
yea thyrod that miraculous recovery time was what i was after, its day 17 and im considerably weaker than when I started, I guess this s*** is budda, im ready to hopp off this, and try again later. I know someone who ordered anavar and got dbol instead and he dont want it, and i ordered a bottle of lgi stano because ive been feeling really tired and i read alot of good reviews, mabee i could do a short 30 day only cycle dbol/stano then start my pct to finish up my 6 weeks, kinda goes against my goals but mabee it could put some more strength on me and id just cut like a mofo afterwards, ive always been able to cut no prob. The only thing im worried about is if the test prop could of shut me down already, then i dont know what to do besides start pct, kinda bulls***, i was repping 225x4 on bench @ 160lbs, now 17 days later I weigh 167 and bench 205x4 and ive lost alot of my aggresiveness and confidence, and im afraid i could lose even more strength during pct. Im just not sure if i should ditch and start pct or try to move foward with oral only?

johnny411

johnny411

Awards
solid advice thyrod, im gonna take your advice on this one and start my pct, appricate all urr help!