Diet while recovering from surgery

jarod86

Awards
Looking like there's a (minir yet noticeable) bit of lighter tissue/fat above my right nipple. Doc thinks it Could be gyno, though also says it could go away in a few months as my hormones balance out.

I'm bulking and will lean out to see how it looks before I book any surgery. If I get surgery, recovery is circa 4 weeks of no lifting.

Would you just keep eating at a surplus (more protein, moderate carbs and fats) to maintain muscle mass during the inactive period?

Many thanks

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Might want to consider some ostarine, will help you heal quicker and keep muscle while you aren't lifting. That way you can keep your diet clean and not worry about too much other than recovery

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Might want to consider some ostarine, will help you heal quicker and keep muscle while you aren't lifting. That way you can keep your diet clean and not worry about too much other than recovery
OP has possible gyno and hormonal imbalance, Osta, or any hormonal supplement, is not a good suggestion here.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
OP has possible gyno and hormonal imbalance, Osta, or any hormonal supplement, is not a good suggestion here.
True, did not consider this. Just know that surgery is a huge set back when it comes to lifting. I had my gall bladder removed, simple outpatient procedure and it killed about a years worth of progress. Op, hope everything turns out well for you.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No lifting the upper body for four weeks, but that doesn't rule out your legs! I know a guy that had Gyno surgery; he took the first week off and rested, ate at maintenance. Then the second, he worked legs twice, and then three times weeks three though four. Couple with a decent diet, he actually put a little mass on because he focused on his weak points and gave his upper body a well-deserved rest.
Sounds like a good way to turn a negative into a positive! Stuff like this is why I love this forum

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely! So there's a lot of controversy about if doing legs, particularly squats, raises GH and test. But I feel like my body benefitted from doing them 2-3 times a week. It's like his upper body didn't shrink at all. I'll be having Gyno surgery in the spring and I will definitely following his lead.
Always heard squats released a lot of gh and test. Never had Gyno problems, still good to have knowledge about every aspect of this stuff

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar