Should I do a first cycle?

Brachialis

Awards
Hey, long time lurker with first post here. Not sure which section is best for this. I have researched a ton online, countless hours and read virtually every pertinent thread on this site over the last year on first cycles. Trying to decide whether to take the plunge into my first PH cycle.

About me: I am a 36 yo, 6'0", 179 lbs, 10%, and have been lifting consistently for 10.5 years. Serious training for 4 years. Almost constant cutting/recomping during this time, down from a fat 210 at start of lifting. Every year I am more muscular and lean for summer (7-8% on weekends) but never big. Would like to have a bit more size. My goal is to be a solid 185 by end of Feb (add 6-7 lbs lean mass).

Current stats: BP 245x1, Squats 275x5, Deads 385x4, BW chins 18; new PRs most every week
Nutrition: Very clean, minimum 220 g prot/day
Supplements: Creatine, BCAA, Whey, sometimes PWO, fish oil

So I've been on my first true slow bulk for 3 months and seeing progress to the tune of 6 lean pounds since I started. Also I am a physician and fairly risk averse. Knowing what I know, I would prefer to start on test but I don't see this happening for legal reasons. My wife would kick my ass if she knew I was considering this stuff.

For those with experience, should I continue with my natty slow bulk or try a PH cycle?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Your wife will definitely know when you find it hard to have sex for a couple of months

ironpendog

ironpendog

Awards
I would start with your standard test cycle , 500mg for 12 weeks. Much easier on the body.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
has high androgenic rating right? in terms of potential hair loss? 1-andro is pretty high up there
Even the parent hormone isn't that androgenic. You might get some lethargy, but DHB is a smooth ride.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Even the parent hormone isn't that androgenic. You might get some lethargy, but DHB is a smooth ride.
Correct me if im wrong but 1-AD caused a lot of people to have hairloss

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've heard of some people having a bit of hair loss on 1-AD, but more with DHT type PHs. I was on large doses of Betasitosterol at the time due to what the doctor thought was a potential prostate issue, so I didn't have any hair loss. (And it turned out the doc was wrong too.)

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Not really. 1AD and/or 1T weren't very rough on the hair line. SD is far worse in that department.
Was recently looking into Nanodrol , I understand you can't get it in the states though. Whats your opinion on it? Seems people were putting on 15-20lbs of mass in a month.

Brachialis

Awards
Thanks for the feedback so far. So far the opinion is green light to cycle for my goals. What about a trest IM solo cycle?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was recently looking into Nanodrol , I understand you can't get it in the states though. Whats your opinion on it? Seems people were putting on 15-20lbs of mass in a month.
Basically msten. Decent mass from it, but hepatotoxicity steers me away.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Go for IM trest vs TD or oral. Its so much more bang for your buck. I saw my best gains using just 25mg ED and 20-30mg epi. It was the perfect stack and had me feeling like a god.