antibiotics while ON

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is it okay to take erythromycin while on a cycle? I take this to help reduce ance, usually in pill form but they make a topical if that would be better in this case...Anyone know? thanks...

size

Awards
  • Established
You will be fine. The only concern one might have would be if an abscess forms, it may be a little tougher to treat.

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes, does happen sometimes, I use Retina Micro so that seems to help and B-5 also seems to help

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
It may actually provide a bit of abcess protection...but if you really had a dirty injection, you could have super bacteria, and it will be tough to treat as Size mentioned.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Is it okay to take erythromycin while on a cycle? I take this to help reduce ance, usually in pill form but they make a topical if that would be better in this case...Anyone know? thanks...
What is you dose? If your using the base or the stearate, just stick to 500mg BID (1g or less/day). Man, you must be tough, I love E-mycin but it cramps my stomach with terrible pain! The 2% topical works well, but not as good as Clidagel. Like the other guys mentioned, it's a good preventative for abscess, but over a long time could promote resistance. Use for just a few weeks or month and take a break.

size

Awards
  • Established
over a long time could promote resistance. Use for just a few weeks or month and take a break.
This is the reason I only use antibiotics when it is 100% necessary.

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have been using on/off for 2-3 years...I have noticed it doesent work as well as it usto, if I switched to another product, similar to erythromycin would it work or should I just take time off...?
What I have is "500MC EC" I was instructed to take it twice a day...I usto get stomach cramps/aches but not anymore...

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I have been using on/off for 2-3 years...I have noticed it doesent work as well as it usto, if I switched to another product, similar to erythromycin would it work or should I just take time off...?
What I have is "500MC EC" I was instructed to take it twice a day...I usto get stomach cramps/aches but not anymore...
You have pretty much played that one out. You need to break, and when you start back, use tetracyline or something else. This is the danger of frequent or prolonged use, now if you ever develope serious infection, you can never count on E-mycin to fix it.

size

Awards
  • Established
You have pretty much played that one out. You need to break, and when you start back, use tetracyline or something else. This is the danger of frequent or prolonged use, now if you ever develope serious infection, you can never count on E-mycin to fix it.
I think this is a common problem with many people and they do not even realize it.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I think this is a common problem with many people and they do not even realize it.
Yes Sir, you are most correct. I should probably go to the AB sticky and put some strong warnings in it, do's and don't, and ways to handle it now if it's already too late. Pestilence will only increase in the future and people need to know that they should save certain AB drug classes for last resort.