Hey Im new to these particular forums.......

Steve4122

Awards
Im a member of another similar community and Im certain this place will only be better in terms of learning due to there being more traffic here. Im 33 years old with 1 cycle under my belt and Im quite possibly in the worst shape I've ever been in....that being said Im not in a hurry and I plan to diet, exert and generally prep myself for another cycle. It would probably take me 5-6 months to reduce my body fat % to where it needs to be. I worked out as consistently as anyone I know from 17-28 and I've been lazy AND eaten terribly for the past few years. I said Im in peak worst shape and thats not entirely correct I was probably in peak worst shape 3 months ago as I've been running, cycling and doing pilates religiously since. In summary I've got a semi long road ahead of me and I'd like to inquire and browse here in the meantime. I can already tell this is a diverse knowledgeable community plus it's hard to get answers to some questions by googling

So phase 1 of my goal is to simply sharpen everything up because it took me a long time to develope the sort of snowball I've developed....and phase 2 is taking things to the next level but thats 6 months to a year down the road. Plus Im seeing acronyms and supplements that I dont recognize and Im looking forward to reading up on things that are new within the last 5-6 years.

Im sure that by me saying Im considering a cycle a year from now that probably sounds like Im obese but it's really due to respect for the whole ordeal. I take the idea of shutting my body's production of T down seriously and I want to have every thing dialed in for an array of reasons. Im 6'0 tall 205 with probably 21-22% percent body fat at this point. I was probably as heavy as 220 and I say probably because it was a look and feel that was so uncomfortable I didnt even want to take "before" pics due to wanting to block out the fact that I was ever that gluttonous.

just putting it out there....I'll lurk a little and post a little but Im glad I found this spot because I've only been reading for 30-40 mins and I've already read some great exchanges

Take care everyone

iddc

iddc

Awards
Im a member of another similar community and Im certain this place will only be better in terms of learning due to there being more traffic here. Im 33 years old with 1 cycle under my belt and Im quite possibly in the worst shape I've ever been in....that being said Im not in a hurry and I plan to diet, exert and generally prep myself for another cycle. It would probably take me 5-6 months to reduce my body fat % to where it needs to be. I worked out as consistently as anyone I know from 17-28 and I've been lazy AND eaten terribly for the past few years. I said Im in peak worst shape and thats not entirely correct I was probably in peak worst shape 3 months ago as I've been running, cycling and doing pilates religiously since. In summary I've got a semi long road ahead of me and I'd like to inquire and browse here in the meantime. I can already tell this is a diverse knowledgeable community plus it's hard to get answers to some questions by googling

So phase 1 of my goal is to simply sharpen everything up because it took me a long time to develope the sort of snowball I've developed....and phase 2 is taking things to the next level but thats 6 months to a year down the road. Plus Im seeing acronyms and supplements that I dont recognize and Im looking forward to reading up on things that are new within the last 5-6 years.

Im sure that by me saying Im considering a cycle a year from now that probably sounds like Im obese but it's really due to respect for the whole ordeal. I take the idea of shutting my body's production of T down seriously and I want to have every thing dialed in for an array of reasons. Im 6'0 tall 205 with probably 21-22% percent body fat at this point. I was probably as heavy as 220 and I say probably because it was a look and feel that was so uncomfortable I didnt even want to take "before" pics due to wanting to block out the fact that I was ever that gluttonous.

just putting it out there....I'll lurk a little and post a little but Im glad I found this spot because I've only been reading for 30-40 mins and I've already read some great exchanges

Take care everyone
Most people around here are helpful and they will go out of there way just to help you out. Even if it's a few tweaks here and there.

Imo the best site to be at, be it a bodybuilder, powerlifter etc.

(just noticed it was posted under anabolics)

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Welcome :) there are some very very knowledgeable people here who can help you hugely with advice on drugs and everything in between.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the community, any questions feel free to ask or message me. :)

Steve4122

Awards
Good looking out guys...thanks for the warm welcomes. Have a great one:)

Steve4122

Awards
I need to slightly tweak what I posted...I weighed myself today (and yesterday lol) and Im actually 211-212 lbs so my Bf % is probably higher than what I stated and my initial weight was probably more than I assumed. I cringe at the idea of my body fat being above 22-23% but it probably is. As stated it took 2-2.5 years of me being inactive AND eating like a glutton with no forethought to get to where I got.

All that said, I can run/cycle/move sleds so much longer and more intensely than one would think by looking at me. My road towards cycle #2 is so far down the path that Im literally giving thought to nothing else other than leaning out even if it means losing some muscle. Im sure Im in catabolic state right now am I being dimwitted for not being bothered by that at this juncture? Im doing pull ups, dead lifts and using kettle bells but Im not doing anything to the point of failure right now, in my mind Im just reacquainting myself with multi joint movements etc. And if Im being real honest about it Im doing cardio like a mad man because I dont enjoy dieting. I am dieting and I've been disciplined about it but I dont trust myself to lose what I need to lose with diet and strength training alone.

It's probably hard for most of you to relate to being real out of shape so my goals as stated vaguely is/was to prep myself on all fronts. As sloppy as is sounds I took action initially to simply breath better and not feel my gut when I put shoes on. Im trying to paint a picture of where Im at, Im in some of the worst shape I've been in with the peak being 2-3 months ago.....with me being this out of shape does me doing tons of cardio with some crossfit mixed in with a better diet seem like the right course of action? For now? And everyone is different so maybe preference is a factor but for the record I've always liked cardio....I get a lot of thinking done and I listen to books, podcasts, tunes etc

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Whatever method you will stick with is the best option. I can imagine a good amount of us on here weren't always 'fit', some were overweight and some were pencil thin lol. I find diet more easy to manage than a **** town of cardio, but that might just be me, as I hate cardio. I barely get an cravings as I eat using IF and have a cheat meal on occasion.

Steve4122

Awards
i concur....just throwing it out there. take care

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First of all, honesty is great and holding yourself accountable will get you very far BUT quit being a dick to yourself, seriously.

Here's where you're at, you've posted once then another post to reiterate how terrible things are etc. While to me it sounds like you a hit a familiar patch that a lot of people go through. People make mistakes dude. You're making the change. Your first plan of action should be to start seeing the steps you've taken thus far as a positive start and focus on that positivity. A positive mind state will only help you, so you're not quite where you'd like to be yet but you're working on it, cool, good for you, welcome to AM, buddy.

That being said, my advice would be to aim at developing an all around plan of attack to get you to your goals a little more effectively than say a haphazard approach.

1. Diet/Feeding

For diet I would look into flexible dieting. Do the search on flexible dieting and if you come across a site that says IIFYM means you can eat whatever you want as long as its in your macros stop reading and find another site. I recommend this eating protocol because IMO it's the easiest and most sustainable way to get into developing positive eating habits.

2. Training

I would take a multi angled approach here and like you said slowly work back into it for a few weeks, so you don't burn yourself up. With where you're at right now I wouldn't really mess with a typical bodybuilding 5 x a week split but rather full body 3 x a week, with some HIIT sprinkled in. Maybe even only full body 2 a week, to allow for more HIIT type training - Sprints or any sort of interval based training like cycling etc. What's important is that during full body you are doing multi joint compound lifts and giving them you're all. Seriously, no half assed lifting or training. That bull **** will only contribute to you getting discouraged. Work hard man!

Once you get closer to where you're wanting to be you could look into a traditional bodybuilding split if need be to focus a little more on specific muscle groups etc

Good luck buddy and again welcome!

Steve4122

Awards
Spaniard....thanks for the directness as you said honesty is great. Its hard to convey where Im at via typing but I dont mean to verbally beat myself up. I just know that the other side of the coin is dumb a$$es coming on forums at my stage thinking gear is going to fix their problems. Im an optimist outwardly and internally and I was erroring on the side of NOT sounding the way I've seen and heard so many other noobs sound. Yes I referred to myself as gluttonous and yes I insinuated that I stayed away from scales and purposefully did not take a before pic but thats just quirky idiosyncrasies pertaining to me. I think Im in a good spot I've just not got a feel for the arena here.

That being said if I've said something that would lead other people in less than great shape to not want to be open or worse feel ashamed that wasnt my intentions. Again Im good personally but just have high goals. Thanks for the reply sincerely and thanks for caring

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spaniard....thanks for the directness as you said honesty is great. Its hard to convey where Im at via typing but I dont mean to verbally beat myself up. I just know that the other side of the coin is dumb a$$es coming on forums at my stage thinking gear is going to fix their problems. Im an optimist outwardly and internally and I was erroring on the side of NOT sounding the way I've seen and heard so many other noobs sound. Yes I referred to myself as gluttonous and yes I insinuated that I stayed away from scales and purposefully did not take a before pic but thats just quirky idiosyncrasies pertaining to me. I think Im in a good spot I've just not got a feel for the arena here.

That being said if I've said something that would lead other people in less than great shape to not want to be open or worse feel ashamed that wasnt my intentions. Again Im good personally but just have high goals. Thanks for the reply sincerely and thanks for caring
My tone wasn't conveyed well either I don't think ;) Your tone was fine haha. I just was making sure that you recognize the positive steps you're currently taking :)

Steve4122

Awards
Im down to 195 the old fashioned way....I've been as disciplined as I can remember being with my diet. I've basically been eating meat, fruit, veggies and no fluffy/ starchy bs. I've worked as hard in the past but I wasnt as dialed in with the diet due to having quicker metabolism. Kinda refreshing to see the weight dissipate so easily and I'm taking no supplements at the moment. I made a goal at the beginning of Oct to shed 20lbs by Thanksgiving and I've surpassed it. In terms of working out I've been running (lots of hills/intervals), rowing, moving a sled, deadlifts, farmers walks, using kettle bells and doing pull ups. I've been getting after it but I've not been training any specific area as I had general goals so I've just been doing multi joint movements in addition to cardio. Im not considering additional "help" until the spring but I just wanted to update this since I'd basically just introduced myself and stated what my short term goals were.

ps. I dont like acknowledging it much but my right shoulder is feeling questionable and that has alot to do with why I've not been doing normal things with weights. Im more or less revolving everything around not comprimising it.....But my goals were very general anyways; I didnt like the idea of focusing on strength/muscle development while being as soft as I was. lol Im still soft but Im getting there

Hope everyone is well. Peace

guido6701

Awards
Steve4122: Good job! Nice start. So, now around the holidays, in my experience is the trickiest part as it relates to self control and discipline at the table. So, be careful and stay focused and you will be ok (I'm sure you don't wanna ruin all of your hard work).

So, what's next?

Again, congrats!