Ostarine and joint or tendon repair?

SkItZoId

SkItZoId

Awards
  • Established
I have some experience with Osta. I did two runs.

I am plagued by a tendon issue in my elbow. I found the first run I did with the Osta did relieve it only for my work to wreck it again.

I dosed it at 20mg.

What I'm wondering is has anyone here experienced positive effects from Osta with regards to joint and tendons.

I would like to run it again just for this reason rather than mass gains. Therefore I would hope to take a lower dose to get this effect i.e 10mg.

Just wondering on what you guys think?

Help a brother out!!

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
When I was running osta during my pct I did notice my joints were much less creaky than from on cycle. Especially my knees as they always take a beating.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Sub'd for, hopefully, a solid discussion.

simonboyle

Awards
Yes, tendons were un-irritated during my runs. Next time will use celadrin and glucosamine too.

SkItZoId

SkItZoId

Awards
  • Established
Well I've booked the day off work today and I'm off to the docs to check my elbow out. Hopefully he will have a fair idea if it is tendonosis or tendonitis.

Maybe he may deem a scan appropriate, who knows, but I will certainly log the details of what I find out along the way. I just want to get a professional opinion on what it is exactly and what their advice on dealing with it is. However I expect they will tell me to rest it which is unfortunately impossible for me as my work involves manual handling.

I have ordered some Osta from celtic labs which by the reviews seems legit and is showing promising results. I'm just pondering on the dose I will use. During my previous runs I used 20mg and along with a decent recomp I experienced relief in my elbow. However during my second run I hurt my elbow at work lifting a product and it has been bad ever since.

What I'm thinking is whether I run 10mg or just run the 20mg? I know 20mg has the potential to work.

My training will be adapted to repairing my elbow. I am having no issues with movements involving my tri's, legs(obviously) and pecs. So there are still very good workouts to be had. The main movements I am struggling with is pull ups( I cannot do these at all!) and any isolated bicept movement. I can stll get a relatively decent weight on pull downs and rowing movements but it does hurt, but is manageable.

So basically I will be looking at a routine with reduced bicept stimulation. I will see what the doctor has to say as he may advice me that some kind of light Bi movement may help improve things or he may say complete rest is needed. The latter being mostly impossible!!

Wish me luck!

simonboyle

Awards
20mg buddy, and having "worked through" many injuries, i can say with certainty is the only thing that works is stretching and leaving it out of training all together, only way for it to heal, I've done the whole light training too, but it is still stress on the area. I know it is difficult.

SkItZoId

SkItZoId

Awards
  • Established
20mg buddy, and having "worked through" many injuries, i can say with certainty is the only thing that works is stretching and leaving it out of training all together, only way for it to heal, I've done the whole light training too, but it is still stress on the area. I know it is difficult.
Thanks.

The Doc has given me 2 weeks worth of Naproxen at 500mg a pop twich a day. He thinks it's tendonitis. I'm hoping he's right as I know tendonosis is more long term and takes months to heal.

I will give the 2 weeks of Naproxen a go. Yeah the Doc is singing from the same sheet as you, he says rest it as much as possible, leave it out of training routine and showed me some stretches to perform in the mean time.

I'll give this a good crack for the next two weeks, hopefully I will see some improvement before I hope on the Ostarine. I think I'll stick to the 20mg as I know it's worked well in the past. If the tendon is still sore I will just use stretches during the Osta run rather than train Bi's.

It should be a half decent experiment for the effectiveness of Osta with regards to Tendon repair.

simonboyle

Awards
Shoulder tendon injury bugged me for years, still trained through it. Only thing that worked was stopping benching and shoulder presses, for 2 months, good as new. Seems drastic to us meat heads, ut it works

Faktalay

Awards
I had a bad wrist injury due to an accident and I used mk 677 for some time. It did heal my injury since I had been not able to lift anything before and I have been since then.

SkItZoId

SkItZoId

Awards
  • Established
OK So a quick up date.

I've been taking the Naproxen for a couple of days and performing some stretches. So far so good. There is a little relief. I've had a couple of days off the gym too. I am training to day so we will see how it goes.

My Osta has arrived and is ready for the off. I'm hoping I will realise so level of repair with the Naproxen over the next couple of weeks and then hop on the osta and go for a totla repair job!

Question of the day is- I plan on a cycle in december/January so long as my elbow is better. How long after Osta and a mini PCT can I jump on gear?

Also am I missing a trick? Could I be using the Ostarine along side the Naproxen. Can't find much info on NSAI's and Ostarine.

SkItZoId

SkItZoId

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. Just a small up date.

I have finished my naproxen. It has helped to some degree along with stretching. It's not great but it id definitely better than it was.

The easiest way for me to gauge this is by scaling my progress. So lets say prior to the Naproxen it was at pain level 8. It is now at pain level 5.

I will be using Ostarine from tomorrow at 20mg a day. I will be continuing along the line of my current training program which at this point has no isolated Bicept movements in it and has plently of stretches for the problem tendon, I will be doing some back exercises if I can and I will log the progress.

So we are starting at pain level 5!

Lets see how this goes.

gainz1

Awards
did 10weeks of Ostabol at 25-30mg to see if it would help my nagging shoulder injury, even with rest no relief. It did help maintain LBM while not training. Better off with 20-40mg of anavar and some GH

SkItZoId

SkItZoId

Awards
  • Established
Ok so it's a week into the Osta.

Going fine so far. I'm definitely feeling that low level osta start up. Nice strength in gym, nothing unusual.

Despite my arm I have managed to do some back workouts without any strain on the tendon. So I will get some hit in my arms too this way. I am going Cable rows with a narrow vertical grip, shrugs and a bent lat raises. Like I said before pull ups and pull downs seem to be a no no right now. I have done no isolated bi movements. I have been gradually upping the weight on my movements and I am getting in regular stretches.

The rest of my workouts are as per usual and I wont bother to list progress on these.

So the Arm so far is pretty much the same as it was when I finished the Naproxen. I would say there is slight improvement but I will keep it ar pain level 5 for now until I can be more objective about any positive impact the Osta may be having. I am expecting to start to feel some more relief at the end of week two.

When I take a honest trip down memory lane to the point where I saw the doctor a few weeks back then my Arm is definitely getting better, so fingers crossed. Stretches are the way forward,

PAIN LEVEL 5

SkItZoId

SkItZoId

Awards
  • Established
Ok sorry about the late update.

So far so good. The osta is working nicely. It has given me some definite relief in my tendon. I noticed it around a week ago. The pain is still there but there is a marked improvement in the 3rd week.

Training is good and the lifts I am doing are on the up. I have put on about 1.5 kg also. I have been eating like a beast. Osta seems to do that to me(Always hungry!!).

I will put it at pain level 3!

I'm hoping another week will get it down to a 2 or even 1.

Big ian

Awards
Ok sorry about the late update.

So far so good. The osta is working nicely. It has given me some definite relief in my tendon. I noticed it around a week ago. The pain is still there but there is a marked improvement in the 3rd week.

Training is good and the lifts I am doing are on the up. I have put on about 1.5 kg also. I have been eating like a beast. Osta seems to do that to me(Always hungry!!).

I will put it at pain level 3!

I'm hoping another week will get it down to a 2 or even 1.
How did this experiment end bud? Do you think the osta helped?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have some experience with Osta. I did two runs.

I am plagued by a tendon issue in my elbow. I found the first run I did with the Osta did relieve it only for my work to wreck it again.

I dosed it at 20mg.

What I'm wondering is has anyone here experienced positive effects from Osta with regards to joint and tendons.

I would like to run it again just for this reason rather than mass gains. Therefore I would hope to take a lower dose to get this effect i.e 10mg.

Just wondering on what you guys think?

Help a brother out!!
It never did a thing for me in that regard.